Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframes To Get

SYLUX6574

Question

15 answers to this question

You more or less already got the good frames. What can I recommend now..... Oh yeah, there's Hydroid. Those tentacles and Tempest Barrage is sweet (sustained AoE damage), especially the tentacles (mooks are powerless against it, bosses will be slapped repeatedly for some nice damage). Tempest Barrage is also a good for AoE, although they need some aiming (it only hit things in front of or around you) and sometimes they have a nice habit of almost completely missing the target. You might also use Tidal Surge a lot. They're your nerfed instakill-slashdash combined with the power to knock down enemies, very nice to use when you're running low on Energy to use Tentacle Swarm. While Undertow is a bit weak and they deny your friend from killing the enemies, it's your invincibility tool (use it for shield recharge and reloading).

The only thing barring you from getting this nice frame is Vay Hek + Argon Crystal (trust me, it's annoyingly hard to build these frame), so if you're OK with it, go for Hydroid

Edited by R4yleonard

Saryn, Hydroid, Volt.

Honestly, F*** prime frames aside from Rhino Prime. They offer nothing aside from gold trim and a free forma. Theres no other benefit.

Past prime frames will be getting boost stats as well later in time.

GOTTA BUILD 'EM ALL! GOTTA BUILD 'EM ALL!

GOTTA BUILD 'EM ALL! GOTTA BUILD 'EM ALL!

I want to be the best that there ever was

To kill all Infested, yeah that's my cause!

Excalibur, Mag Prime, Oberon, Trinity!

Zephyr, Ember Prime, Vauban, Loki!

(lol, Pokeframe)

Rhino Prime has a speed boost. Older prime frames have none. 

He does? No wonder everyone else's RP has a vanguard helmet.

Seriously, everyone's obsessed with making a ridiculously fast tank out of him. I guess I like more traditional tank roles. Slow, heavy hits, powerful and far reaching AoE. At least now I know I've got a minor speed increase on top of all that.

My suggestion is to go with Volt first and foremost, potentially Banshee next, and then finishing up the third slot by waiting for the new frame and see what it's capable of.  Reason I suggest the first two is because they bring something a bit more different to the table in terms of styling out of what you're lacking.

While Hydroid is nice he's a sort of damage/CC hybrid rather than being more solid in niche and that same "hybrid meh" is felt by Oberon.  Granted both can shine in certain aspects with certain builds, but their gameplay style is more restrictive generally because of that.  If one is not trying to obtain everything, the "hybrids" should be the first to get the boot in my opinion.  I'd actually boot Rhino (Prime) for that same reason except his effectively endless CC immunity during non-high wave missions is immensely useful for cheesing events or alerts in most cases.

Again, to stress this point, it isn't to say any of those more "hybrid" styled frames are bad by any means.  But why not grab as many unique tools as possible before resorting to a mixed bag multi-tool?

Definitely get Hydroid. Put Narrow Minded on him and suddenly instead of doing random blasts everywhere with Tempest Barrage it rains hell down on one area and keeps everything knocked down for the duration since its better concentrated. Hydroid's utilities with all his abilities, hiding with Undertow, CC with Tempest Barrage and Tentacle Swarm, and travel with Tidal Surge, makes him totally worth getting.