Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Players Joining T4 Missions.

jennibear

I dont believe being skilled and experience has to do with any of this.

The problem lies the weapon and mods you have. The reason you cannot handle a certain level its cuz your mods are not all the way up there, if u know what i mean.

The problem with high survival/defense (t4) is that players that are low ranks, have none of the necessary mods to even handle them.

The team cannot just keep carrying one person, we kinda need to work together =/

Also in my perspective, being the person who dies over and over is a huge burden to the team.

The low level should focus more on getting specific gear or mods then leveling it up instead of sneaking into a t4 and try to leech off it.

Iv had 2 MR3 in t4 defense, they said something about how they can handle it....moment vor came, i literarlly spend my entire time reviving their butts =_= i

Well, my mod loadout is something I should experiment with more often.  I always have a specific set for each 'Frame.  Aside from the mods that enable each 'Frame's capability, I prioritize Vitality, Redirection, and Vigor.....though the former two aren't maxed out yet.  Other mods, such as Steel Fiber and Intensify, might just be things I experiment with, though I never seem to notice any significant difference for either, especially Intensify (what does that mod do, actually?  Am I misunderstanding it or something?)  Steel Fiber isn't maxed out, though I wonder if it's even worth it because it doesn't seem to help all that much, yet I keep it anyway just to play it safe (especially if the 'Frame has a very low Armor stat).

Perhaps my biggest personal issue is that I'm a "lone wolf", a description more fitting to my preference as a gamer.  The problem I have with co-op gaming is that nobody is like me, and working together can be troublesome at times....at the same time, for me to necessitate siding with stronger players feels awkward, and I doubt they can understand how grateful I am for their support, and I feel like a leech as a result.  Though, I've never done co-op in Warframe, though I should really consider it (especially for Hellas, Mars; I can never complete that mission).  I know it's possible to set up Specters, but I never got around to that, especially since it doesn't look like you can adjust your Specter's loadout after you create one.

Heck I don't even have my headset hooked up, and I have my reasons.....two I will list for now:  1.) Intolerance to Bieberlings, and 2.) Confusion of action and judgment due to communication rampant in my head via the headset.  What can I say?  I'm a weirdo.....but, I can tell you that just because I refrain from using my headset doesn't mean I'm selfish nor incompetent.

Can't multiquote cuz my computer is wonky, so this part is in response to Critter:  I'll always revive people in normal matches constantly.  I'm only advocating to not revive them when they're being irresponsible by joining missions that they have no reason to be in, by any stretch.  Just the other day I was effectively babysitting a player who couldn't handle themselves in a Survival but it wasn't a T4 survival or anything within that realm so I never ignored their need of assistance.

If someone asks for players in a T4, they aren't asking to carry someone in a T4.  If a player goes and can't handle it then it does not fall onto the laps of the others to hold their hand.

Oh don't get me wrong, i'm rank 15, I know they have no business being there. But at the same time if you haven't checked at the lobby then it's your responsibility to look after them

Well, my mod loadout is something I should experiment with more often.  I always have a specific set for each 'Frame.  Aside from the mods that enable each 'Frame's capability, I prioritize Vitality, Redirection, and Vigor.....though the former two aren't maxed out yet.  Other mods, such as Steel Fiber and Intensify, might just be things I experiment with, though I never seem to notice any significant difference for either, especially Intensify (what does that mod do, actually?  Am I misunderstanding it or something?)  Steel Fiber isn't maxed out, though I wonder if it's even worth it because it doesn't seem to help all that much, yet I keep it anyway just to play it safe (especially if the 'Frame has a very low Armor stat).

Perhaps my biggest personal issue is that I'm a "lone wolf", a description more fitting to my preference as a gamer.  The problem I have with co-op gaming is that nobody is like me, and working together can be troublesome at times....at the same time, for me to necessitate siding with stronger players feels awkward, and I doubt they can understand how grateful I am for their support, and I feel like a leech as a result.  Though, I've never done co-op in Warframe, though I should really consider it (especially for Hellas, Mars; I can never complete that mission).  I know it's possible to set up Specters, but I never got around to that, especially since it doesn't look like you can adjust your Specter's loadout after you create one.

Heck I don't even have my headset hooked up, and I have my reasons.....two I will list for now:  1.) Intolerance to Bieberlings, and 2.) Confusion of action and judgment due to communication rampant in my head via the headset.  What can I say?  I'm a weirdo.....but, I can tell you that just because I refrain from using my headset doesn't mean I'm selfish nor incompetent.

What are you talking about lol? my argument had nothing to do with you having headsets to talk to other people nor being a solo...

the argument was about people having low mastery rank sneaking into end game materials when they know they cannot handle.

your argument has nothing to do with mine.

If you like to solo, then so be it.  If you like to experiement with mods then so be it

What is that gotta do with low rank joining in t4surviva/defense? lol

Weird

I can totally relate to this. I used to inv unranked or low rank players to T4 unknowingly. But I never kicked them since I know I would've felt bad. So I've wasted about 4 T4 Def keys because some players just sit there when vor pops up and asks what's happening instead of listening to others and trying to kill vor. Luckily I farm T4 keys so often that I wasn't upset. But I definetly agree that se system should be put in place to help clarify details about people you are going to invite to your keys.

The FACT that any rank 1 player with starter weapons can enter "end game" missions is entirely developer's fault. Clearly, they made a conscious decision to allow this to happen.

Right from the get go all tower missions SHOULD require a minimum conclave rating associated to the tier (whatever that may be), and FULLY completing the star chart SHOULD be a requirement to enter any tower missions.

Edited by (PS4)RocketPunch1221

What are you talking about lol? my argument had nothing to do with you having headsets to talk to other people nor being a solo...

the argument was about people having low mastery rank sneaking into end game materials when they know they cannot handle.

your argument has nothing to do with mine.

If you like to solo, then so be it.  If you like to experiement with mods then so be it

What is that gotta do with low rank joining in t4surviva/defense? lol

Weird

Er....I thought what I talked about could be related to n00bs and such.  But, now that I think about it, after weeks of playing this game non-stop, I think I'm well above the status of a n00b.  Plus I was trying to imply that I'm not some lowly leech, despite the feeling of awkwardness if I side with stronger players out of necessity (which could be personal, too).

The thing is this isn't limited to low ranked players. Plenty of times I've had higher ranked players join T4's with their unleveled frames/weapons hoping to leech... No fking excuse. So no, keys should NOT be rank locked.

Edited by Numerikuu

Recently I have come across a lot of newer players in recruit chat trying to join my team for T4 missions...I invite them not knowing they are new, I see their setup "mk1 braton, loki, lato" & i'm just like "oh great this again...". With no way to kick them out, I have to A: either ask them to leave or B:restart the key & re-invite everyone but that player.

Or, you could, you know, add them to your friends list, check their profile yourself with right-clicking their name in the pending request option, and choose 'profile'.

Or, you could, you know, add them to your friends list, check their profile yourself with right-clicking their name in the pending request option, and choose 'profile'.

That's seems like a lot of hassle just to see some random's rank.

there is a button to klick where you can see players and their "rightnowreadytogame"-stat

thats quite enough, isnt it ?

dont feel bad, they wanna get good parts faster then by working it out the "honourable warframe"-way

im shure lots of players come from this ueberstupid f2p games where you need money or no brain and a ton of useless serotonin :-)

Edited by Pala7ine

I would be ok with a /kick in the lobby. During missions it should be a vote kick. I've been trolled a couple of times in other games by being kicked by the leader during missions/stances/raids/whathaveyou. A vote kick would reduce (though not eliminate) trolling/abuse possibilities. This issue is relevant not just to Void missions but also AFK players in missions everywhere.

It can be abused quite easily. "Oh hey guys, thanks for assisting me all the way through that last hour of a T4 survival. I bet you'd all like those shiny prime parts now huh? Well I decided I don't want you to have any." *Boots before extraction*

A lobby kick.

The FACT that any rank 1 player with starter weapons can enter "end game" missions is entirely developer's fault. Clearly, they made a conscious decision to allow this to happen.

Right from the get go all tower missions SHOULD require a minimum conclave rating associated to the tier (whatever that may be), and FULLY completing the star chart SHOULD be a requirement to enter any tower missions.

The fact that a rank 1 player can enter end game missions is so that people can play with their friends and show them what end game content is like. That's why they allow it. If you don't check peoples gear before you enter a mission then that's your fault. 

There should NOT be a conclave rating. The whole conclave this is entirely skewed now anyway. I can take my rhino and equip it with all the weapons and mods I normally use to wreck T4's and it wouldn't even be nearly as high a rating as if I just take the recommended mods that you get when you auto-install. 

Also why should finishing the star chart be a requirement? I see no need for that whatsoever.

Edited by Critter

Im just not hosting games with pubs in recruiting any more,  I play with my friends/clan/alliance, even if they are bad or low ranked joining, at least I know who Im playing with and  they are more friendly and cooperate better. When we had some fail games it still was fun and we learned to teamplay better.

Other mods, such as Steel Fiber and Intensify, might just be things I experiment with, though I never seem to notice any significant difference for either, especially Intensify (what does that mod do, actually?  Am I misunderstanding it or something?)  Steel Fiber isn't maxed out, though I wonder if it's even worth it because it doesn't seem to help all that much, yet I keep it anyway just to play it safe (especially if the 'Frame has a very low Armor stat).

Intensify does exactly what it says it does. The trouble is that most powers do flat damage, which sucks for Power Strength because enemies will outscale your flat damage.

The exception here is in something like Mag's Shield Polarize, which drains a percentage of shields then multiplies the damage. In other words, it scales with enemy level. Buffing abilities would also generally seem to be better (such as Banshee's Sonar giving a damage multiplier for shooting weak spots).

Armor apparently sucks? I think that may be because piercing damage actually gets a damage multiplier against armor. And apparently it won't protect against slash procs anyway. Though I'm not entirely sure what's going on there.

I wish I had known that before potato'ing Valkyr, as she can otherwise achieve 10k effective life with armor. But if there is a component of damage that ignores armor, then she can't have anywhere near that total.

Edited by PlayGooYa

Ive had this issue once and just carried the guy no big deal

He was MR 3 and honestly terrible

excalibro with MK1 braton and said hed be ok...he was terrible

As far as showing rank

Itll be abused far more than anyone cares to admit...

how can kicking be abused again?

if someone is a total d then he deserves to get kicked.

isn't this how we deal with d's in other online games? :P

Put the kick option in the hands of a total d, and find out.

Complete disagreement with any introducing of kick functions, but being able to set a minimum conclave rating for a mission, (relative to your own CR) would be perfect.

I think its funny how much people just disagree without any good arguments.

Having a mastery rank lock wouldn't be a problem,especially for T4.

Mastery Rank 4 and over might be ok because some players get instructed by veterans or are swimming in money and already use Boltor Prime on that rank.

Everything below is just ridiculous and there is no way a player could have any good mods or weapons at that level.

Lobby Kick for Key Hosts should totally be enabled, there is no way someone could abuse the lobby that much

Also what would trolls gain by it? It would be like : HUEHUEHUE he just lost the time it took him to click on the Accept button of the invite I sent him HUEHUEHUE

Conclave Rating is =/ because often people join the lobby with low level equipment but I see how an minimum requirement wouldn't be too annoying.

Clearing the Star Chart is something else,maybe in Update 14 it will be a thing.But right now the star chart is no measurement for anything as you simply dont need to do all the side missions,even when not taxiing.Also pluto and ceres are way harder than T1 and T2.

As a side note:

Once I used recruit chat for a Vault run and as I accepted someoen he was MR1 and asked me what a (Dragon) Key is.

So much yes on Lobby Kick

Edited by Cool3303