Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do Any Of You Like Your Regular Loki More Than Loki Prime?

Thread title...  Don't get me wrong Loki Prime is one of the best looking primes of all.  The energy bonus is nice, but given my usual configuration for Loki it doesn't really help that much.

For me it all boiled down to already having my regular Loki forma'd exactly the way I want him to be and being a bit lazy to forma the prime one.  (for now)

Also, I'm a arcane swindle helm user, and have a maxed narrow minded mod equipped, but don't use stretch.  I feel that putting a swindle helmet on Loki Prime kinda destroys his aesthetics and the maxed narrow minded without stretch gimps his radial disarm's range a bit too much for my tastes.

I'm also of the mindset that Loki is minimalist frame, while many say he's ugly I think his asymmetrical design is really cool . Also, the stealth theme and bling don't really go well together.

So am I alone in feeling this way?  What do you guys think?  Please discuss.

(again I think Loki Prime's design is amazingly beautiful, he's just not the stealthy ninja badass that my standard Loki is.)

When I go "all around" build or invisibility build, I go with my Loki Prime. When I'm using a Radial Disarm build, however, I pick my regular Loki because I don't like Swindle on the Prime, especially with the color scheme I picked.

Esthetics'wise I love both. Prime has that high order look a lot more due to all the gold and symmetry, as well as how Loki's quirks seem to be "removed" due to the additions. That's also why I love regular Loki, since his immortal skin brings the asymmetry forward even more on regular version. It's why I put only one shoulder pad on regular Loki as well.

Edited by Casardis

stealth is not about invisibility. wow

true dat, I don't use arcane swindle helmet anymore on loki, and I sold my original for my loki prime, why? Because its a nice upgrade from regular loki, that 25 bonus energy saves more space for me, and not having swindle is no big deal on my loki prime, 135% power range on my radial disarm is just 3 meters away from using radial disarm with 150% power range, no big deal, I love my loki prime, and I love how good it is, loki prime is a definite improvement, Mogamu even states it in his video, a lot of pros in warframe think the same, if you really love the swindle helmet too much, then its no big deal to not take loki prime, but if you think you can live without powers, then thats whats gonna make you better than others.

I don't have Loki Prime yet (no time to farm lol), but I don't think he's going to replace my Loki. Don't get me wrong, Prime looks amazing, but Loki is my starter frame and my most used frame. There's never going to be another like him.

I like both.

Loki, immortal skin, submarine essence helmet is a cool, alien, asymmetrical look that other frames just don't quite get. I feel like Loki was designed to look unusual instead of cool, which makes him actually look very cool.

Loki Prime is very well designed, still has some of the asymmetry, and definitely looks like some grandiose Orokin thing. I'd say he's up there with Ember Prime as the best designed frames and that's far ahead of the others. I like that they didn't overdo the gold, while avoiding being as boring as Frost.

They both have their own appeal, which is why I didn't replace Loki with Loki P like I did with the other prime frames. I just had to keep both.

I like both.

Loki, immortal skin, submarine essence helmet is a cool, alien, asymmetrical look that other frames just don't quite get. I feel like Loki was designed to look unusual instead of cool, which makes him actually look very cool.

Loki Prime is very well designed, still has some of the asymmetry, and definitely looks like some grandiose Orokin thing. I'd say he's up there with Ember Prime as the best designed frames and that's far ahead of the others. I like that they didn't overdo the gold, while avoiding being as boring as Frost.

They both have their own appeal, which is why I didn't replace Loki with Loki P like I did with the other prime frames. I just had to keep both.

Yeah I've kept both for the same reasons.  Both are really great looking, but I find myself taking my regular Loki out more often for more serious missions.  Regular Loki feels just a tad more "ninja" to me as well.

tumblr_n8ob7dm8vp1qdlh1io1_500.gif?w=414

Look at all dem Oberons invading this Loki thread!  XD

I haven't put down my Loki Prime since I built him. He's way too freaking cool -hands down the best looking Prime Frame among them all so far.

I too used the Arcane helm, but I deal without it now, Loki is fast enough on his own to run around and do Disarms all around the map to cover the lack of range -its his core job anyways.

Dont be so adamant, play without the Arcane helm and the polarizations you're not used to, its a whole new feel. =)

Edited by optyk

prefer the regular loki, agree the bling on the prime just doesn't scream space ninja. now, if that gold could be recolored to some other metallic hue, like say black (mmmblackchrome) then i'd like him a lot more.

I literally got called an idiot today for not having loki prime when a dude wanted me to play loki for T4 Survival. I mean I'm all for the extra energy, but the prime>everything mentality is just killing me. Same goes for all primes except maybe for rhino prime whose speed grants a very noticable advantage over the regular rhino.