The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Board Without The Sword - A Simple Combo Request.

OptimumBow0

Can we please get a shield bash combo, DE?

I envision it would simply be pressing E while blocking with a defensive weapon. Since the Silva Aegis is pretty much coming tomorrow, it's safe to say the closest thing we'll get to a "bash" attack is the beginning of the combo featured in Devstream #31 at the 53:20 mark.

However, it is the opening of a combo, and is probably only used to stun/stagger the enemy since the rest of the sequence requires said enemy to still be standing; it probably isn't intended for swift knockdowns.

I (and hopefully others) would love the ability to have a simple, low-damage combo with guaranteed knockdown (maybe even multi-hit) that sends enemies flying back for a few meters on their butts and does not easily let them get back up.

If we ever get another weapon with a protective component that is somewhat similar to a shield, such as a futuristic-space-ninja buckler, or even some type of defensive fist/sparring gauntlet-style set of melee, it would be a great thing to have for defensive CC.

But more importantly for revenge; I want to give those darned Shield Lancers a taste of their own stupid medicine.

Just imagine it.

4EzFnch.gif

Pretty please?

Some people are just a bit disgruntled over a certain new weapon not being as defensive as they wanted it to be.

Defensive?  That's offensive.  And I'd love to see the DE figure out that a Shield is actually a weapon.  Yes, it's designed to block, but bashing, slashing with the edge, are all viable tactics that were used.  It's not the Japanese RPGs armour adder, where the off hand hangs limp.

Defensive?  That's offensive.  And I'd love to see the DE figure out that a Shield is actually a weapon.  Yes, it's designed to block, but bashing, slashing with the edge, are all viable tactics that were used.  It's not the Japanese RPGs armour adder, where the off hand hangs limp.

Thanks for the correction. Would "utility" work better?

speaking of captain America, they should release a singular shield weapon. possibly a simple roundshield with a blade around the edge. primarily used for blocking and bashing, but also a throw option. just an idea.

Yeah, I figured that might be an idea, but I would rather it come with an accompanying weapon that's a bit unwieldy but can dish out a solid amount of damage, like a small, weighty stave or gauntlet, or even a second buckler/shield.

I just want something vicious.

However, if we do get a throwable shield similar to the Glaive/Kestrel in the future, I wouldn't mind its ability to fly if it lacked the mid-air channeling detonation; a multi-hit shield bash would do just fine for CC. 

(Still glad more people want it)

This post is actually very ironic, since it's right below a GIF I put of a recent JRPG where the shield is used both as a defensive tool and a weapon.

I hate to be that guy, but let's take a look at how dark souls did shields. They could be used for bashing if they were heavy enough, or opening up a riposte by parrying if it was light enough. It should be fairly easy to mKe a shield that solely does bashing damage and one that staggers to allow our finishers.

I mean reall, who wouldn't want to parry a grineer and then stab him through with whatever weapon you pair with the shield?

i wish they gave us just a shield they already have a perfectly fine balistics shield in the game id love one of thos 100% shield bashing and bullet blocking while attacking from the front yes please its melee attack could be block so you can block with a gun out and its block could bem elee so you can shield bash while blocking in stance mode

i wish they gave us just a shield they already have a perfectly fine balistics shield in the game id love one of thos 100% shield bashing and bullet blocking while attacking from the front yes please its melee attack could be block so you can block with a gun out and its block could bem elee so you can shield bash while blocking in stance mode

That appeals to me, but I'm not sure I'd like the melee attack of a buckler to be a small off-shoot of parrying. 

Like Nagisawa said, it is possible to slash enemies with the edge of a shield, and I would still rather our hypothetical shield came with an accompanying, more offensive weapon (the Silva & Aegis kinda reserved the dagger/sword category).

(I want an offensive quick-attack. Sorry)

That appeals to me, but I'm not sure I'd like the melee attack of a buckler to be a small off-shoot of parrying. 

Like Nagisawa said, it is possible to slash enemies with the edge of a shield, and I would still rather our hypothetical shield came with an accompanying, more offensive weapon (the Silva & Aegis kinda reserved the dagger/sword category).

(I want an offensive quick-attack. Sorry)

but the grinieer shield is impenetrable and has no sharpedges i just want that shield :( its in the gaaame already just pretty pleeease de

but the grinieer shield is impenetrable and has no sharpedges i just want that shield :( its in the gaaame already just pretty pleeease de

It's got a little slot around the head area for visibility, bullets can go through it.