Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Ideas For A Good Melee Weapon

-SLX-J3tAc3

Question

13 answers to this question

venka isnt very good but its fun

AT the top of my head:

orthos prime, d nikana, fang prime, dual ichor, and dakra prime are obvious choices

Glaive prime, scoliac, and dual ether are also pretty good

for coptering go dual zoren or dual kama.

venka isnt very good but its fun

AT the top of my head:

orthos prime, d nikana, fang prime, dual ichor, and dakra prime are obvious choices

Glaive prime, scoliac, and dual ether are also pretty good

for coptering go dual zoren or dual kama.

Venka's pretty amazing, but you need the stance for it to be any good.

The Bo if you want to be a coptering corpus killing legend. 

Stay away from the Bo. Amphis has everything that the Bo offers and is obtainable at the same mastery rank.

The only thing that Bo has over Amphis is the status chance (relatively unimportant compared to other stats) and that it doesn't look completely hideous.

OT:

Various powerful weapons off the top of my head:

- Dakra Prime (easily the best longsword in the game)

- Dragon Nikana (obviously the best katana in the game)

- Bo Prime / Amphis (Amphis is faster and has better CC, but Bo Prime hits like a truck)

- Serro / Orthos Prime

- Dual Ichor / Dual Zoren (Zorens are slightly faster, but slightly weaker and don't have base Toxic damage)

- Glaive, Glaive Prime, Kestrel (best used with gunplay; can be turned into pocket Ogrises that can't one-shot you if you use Excal, Ash, or Loki)

There are plenty of others out there, of course.

Just pick a weapon type that suits your playstyle (just try a bunch out), and then try and get the strongest one in that category.

Edited by SortaRandom

for coptering go amphis or scoliac.

fixed it for you

better attack speed = better copter, since melee 2.0, yet people still tell zorens for copter. yes, it is still good with 1.2 attack speed compared to 1.3, but not the best any more. If you also want to use your melee to kill stuff, then the zorens are better then the 2 i mentioned, but at that point you also might use dual ichors, as they are better then zorens, and the speed loss is only 0.1 attack/sec

to the OP: try every melee weapon by yourself, and see if you like it. Dragon nikana really looks nice on paper, but i don't like it, because it hits too slow for me, and i also can't stand the animation. on the other side, Fang prime is inferior to the dual ichors almost every possible way, but it is so cool 8-)

SortaRandom made a very good list of the top tier melee weapons, i have nothing to add

Edited by Krumplifej