Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Votekick Feature

4G3NT_0R4NG3

Currently, there is no votekick feature in Warframe. I have had to put up with many people making discriminatory slurs in the Warframe chat. Does any other multiplayer game ever not have a way to remove people who are making racist/sexist comments? Of course not. Also, Many players including myself have had to put up with trolling from players using Warframes such as Vauban or Valkyr. I have longed for a votekick feature in this game since the beginning of time, and having the ability to get rid of hateful or abusive players would be a massive improvement to this game.

Generally when these type of features are in the game sometimes it can be abused towards innocent people. Warframe is easy to find another match and complete the same thing.

I don't know much about teammate discrimination though because I'm forced to play solo most of the time.

You can use /ignore <usename> during missions.  I'd prefer a blacklist ability to votekick but that's my personal bias from when i was a little kid playing left 4 dead and getting votekicked due to my voice squeaking, not that I talked much to begin with.

DE has mentioned previously that they will not be adding a vote kick feature to avoid abuse of it. If such a feature existed, people would very easily discriminate based on mastery or warframe. The best advice I can offer you is that you ignore offending and abusive players by clicking on their username and clicking ignore player in the drop down list. 

Edit: NINJA'D many times!

Edited by Imaru12

As they have said, Vote kicking can be abused heavily due to mastery rank (because apparently mastery rank = being a pro at the game). Just ignore those who make these discriminatory comments by clicking ignore.

Personally, I find kicking extremely rude when its for no good reason (Payday 2 is a very clear sign of a poorly handled kicking system where if you jump in as a high level, the host will kick you within a second of joining).

if they just simply make vote kicking a team majority thing then yes I would want that but no matter in what context you put this the community is either to afraid to try or DE wont look more than 1 step into votekicking, trust me I've tried

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE 

I can understand the frustration, but like many mentioned you can ignore users(which I use liberally, helps a lot to make chat more fun). Having experienced voting systems like left4dead's in multiple games, I can't say it has worked as a good solution or have been a pleasant ones. Did it help me get rid of a few singular trolls in those games etc, yes. But for the majority it ended being either useless or working against me. So....no thanks. 

Experiences may vary of course.

And to be cap obvious for a bit, try to find some decent people/clan to run with if solo isn't your thing and running with randoms isn't your fancy. All it takes is chatting with the ones who aren't abusive/trolls/etc.

Good luck TC

Elitists will clearly abuse it as mentioned already.

Even if votekick required 3/4 votes it would still be too easy to abuse and discriminate.

I would want some mechanic to kick afk players, but except that im against idea.

Currently, there is no votekick feature in Warframe. I have had to put up with many people making discriminatory slurs in the Warframe chat. Does any other multiplayer game ever not have a way to remove people who are making racist/sexist comments? Of course not. Also, Many players including myself have had to put up with trolling from players using Warframes such as Vauban or Valkyr. I have longed for a votekick feature in this game since the beginning of time, and having the ability to get rid of hateful or abusive players would be a massive improvement to this game.

No.

You do realize that if this system came into play, everyone would remind everyone else about who started it - ie your name would come up - and you would never enter a chat or game ever again.

"It could be abused" seems like a rather weak argument against it - especially if we don't also consider that the lack of a votekick system itself enables abuse.  Hallway heroes, AFKs in alerts and invasions, and the general 'every man for himself' that permeates much of the game.

Getting kicked out of a match by an occasional bunch of elitists seems like a fair trade to not having to put up with antisocials players.  Especially when getting kicked out of that match itself is helping me avoid antisocial players.

Or have a system in place the enables the votekick feature for the person breaking a non trolls rules. Such as if they detect racist remarks being said in the game then /votekick becomes enabled for that player or if somebody uses certain moves on another player which is usually associated with trolling then that can enable the /votekick feature. Not having the ability to get rid of rude people/trolls in a game is a terrible idea and not trying to figure out a way to make it work is really really lazy on DE's part.

I'd rather have a blacklist, and have the matchmaking never put me in a mission with anyone on it.

Essentially I can't join on them, they can't join on me, invites to me from people in a lobby with him don't work; and if I'm hosting, invites to him don't work. And this is on top of the can't see chat.

It's essentially the same thing as votekick, but has zero method of abuse.