Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dps Spreadsheet Found Here (Includes Proc's And Armor Scaling)

Quizel

Question

Just thought I'd share this nifty little project I've been working on (link found at bottom).

Let me know if something doesn't seem to be working properly. I've made many many revisions and I could have easily goofed something up along the way. Fix one thing and break another >.>. Anyway here's an overview.

Overview of How to Use:

Enter weapon attributes in the B column or C column.

Note: If base dmg cold, lightning, fire, or toxic changes after mods are used, reflect that change here.

U30FJ1P.png

Enter values into Mods being used section.
plQB4M3.png

Make necessary adjustments to the current armor type being computed

Note: May want to view corpus with just shields armor, and than just health for proper calculation. Any over dmg to the shield is carried over to dmg the health which makes things semi confusing.
SpwFLQu.png

You have the option to turn on/off armor/elemental effects. Additionally, you can turn on/off head shot only for comparing those crit based weapons to non-crit based.
A2Qg2JS.png

Observe Results
WF9rPGq.png

I tried to include notes where it may be helpful indicated by a little red triangle in the top right corner of a box. These notes will not appear for OpenOffice Calc.

All output data can be seen in the top middle'ish column area with the slightly more advance info the further down you go.

The file should initially have a Dread bow with a corrosive crit build entered in being compared to another Dread bow with a gas proc crit build used against an infested runner. I thought this was a good example to familiarize you with the spreadsheet and show off all the features and capabilities.

Sheet 3 Has nifty graphs to compare weapon setups across all factions and Void using weighted values which you can modify to your liking.

Note: Not a flawless tool for Grineer since armor values greatly determine the damage you cause. By default it's set to a value of 500 ferrite and 200'ish alloy for void calcs. Specific entries are allowed for ferrite and alloy armors just like on sheet one. All other armor types should be set to 1. (small note: sheet 3 doesn't apply rounding rules that I'm experimenting with on sheet 1)

X9dqLxz.png

More Shiny For Sheet One. Top part shows some calculations I shouldn't have included in this pic. Below shows probabilities of events and the damage you can expect to see. Those probabilities does not include proc stuff.

WHyRYO1.png

DL instructions:
1.Click link below

2. find a way to dl'ed the file. May be different for other internet browsers.

3. Open file with a program capable of reading .xlsx files (was written and saved on Microsoft Excel 2010.) It can be opened using free software provided by openoffice.org which can be dl'ed at openoffice.com. If you choose to do so deny all the other free software it comes with for obvious reasons. It looks like crap using Open Office Calc, but at least it is functional.

here is link to spreadsheet:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_1Ncps19eiVdmE3LS1sQXhfYUU/edit?usp=sharing

newer link U14.8

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_1Ncps19eiVLWNMbE16RXlNdWc/edit?usp=sharing

U14.9

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_1Ncps19eiVMnM2UEdfMGNCeDA/view?usp=sharing

Of course, let me know what you think and be sure to up vote if you like what you see.

Edited by Quizel

22 answers to this question

2nd revised version for OpenOffice users.-removed "iferror" functions which it didn't recognize. The quick fix may have unpredited results but i think it'll be fine. (any time it was going to divide by zero i had it divide by 1-usually happens when numerator also zero or negligible)

Found a error or two. Rifle Amp and Sniper Aura should now properly scale damage.

I also added a head shot only option since this can make or break a high critical strike damage weapon.

Other thoughts you should be aware of:

Very little testing for accuracy was done on the corpus. Displayed Dmg can be goofy-but expected- if you're 1 shoting off the shield with extra dmg left over to hit the health.

Edited by Quizel

Accuracy

I can post many examples testing the armor sections.  They're so far never more than 1% error.

Testing Paris Prime- Serration, Split Chamber, Speed Trigger, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Hammer Shot, Infected Clip, Stormbringer

Rifle Amp at 27% on my rhino.

Lvl 14 corrupted Lancer- This was a head shot pic (head shots only box was checked)

hPB9xWp.png

Sheilds Down-Corrupted Crewmen

e9ybPfx.png

Testing Slash Procs

Miter - No dmg increasing mod nor Rifle aura Amp.

cvz7htC.png

Miter Again Only HS Test

lvA0Yqm.png

Dread - 100% Crit - HS's

qiqtG8h.png

Edited by Quizel

Corrosive Projection stacks additively, not multiplicatively. Suggested values should be 0.3 0.6 0.9 and 1.

How are you valuing proc damage? It seems... off. Either too low if you're looking at the whole effect or too high for a single tick. For example, you've got Dread (530 /w serration) doing yellow crits of 5.6x which is 2968 base so bleeds should tick for 1039. Instead it says 1036 per tick. (close, but why the discrepancy?). Think Gas is way off, should be 2.75 not 5.5x as implied in AI-49 and I can't even find the cell with the suggested output value.

A fairly significant assumption was made about the proc system as I haven’t fully tested it.  Of the available proc types that can occur, the odds a particular proc proc'ing depends on the ratio of the elemental damage type before applying any elemental damage bonus coefficients or defensive armor. If anyone knows I’m supposed to use the calculated damage after elemental bonuses/defenses for the proc ratios, send me a pm as I may not see the post in the thread.  It would be a fairly quick fix.

This is correct. However there's also a mechanic that demands that physical procs make up 50% of the procs. So with the Dread Gas build for example, every proc would have 50% chance of being Gas, 45% chance of being Slash, and 2.5% chance each of being Impact or Puncture.

I also can't find where you've specified Infested as the enemy type. Is that just a manual modifier input around Q-93?

Overall it seems a lot more complex than I would have hoped. A simple damage /w modifiers calculator and the proc value listed at the side would be a lot easier to use.

Edit: I'm not even sure the damage numbers are correct. The 'Critical Modifier' listed as 6.75 should be 7, I think - 5.6x from crit damage and 1.25x from red crits.

Edited by Darzk

Corrosive Projection stacks additively, not multiplicatively. Suggested values should be 0.3 0.6 0.9 and 1.

Cool thx. Was going off of memory of what I thought it used to be. Kinda hard to test things that require multiple players >.>.

How are you valuing proc damage? It seems... off. Either too low if you're looking at the whole effect or too high for a single tick. For example, you've got Dread (530 /w serration) doing yellow crits of 5.6x which is 2968 base so bleeds should tick for 1039.

Used integer function to round down to the nearest whole number on non-crit values. Than I used non-crit values to calculate crit values. 

Thx for the catch i'll take a less lazy approach for yellow crit and red crit values. 

Think Gas is way off, should be 2.75 not 5.5x as implied in AI-49 and I can't even find the cell with the suggested output value.

One thing wiki didn't state that I found during testing is that when gas proc's it does an aoe of 100% base to everything AND starts a tic of 50% base for 9 tics which is further scaled by enemy armor coef's. So, 0.5*9+1=5.5.

Curious to where you saw 2.75?

So far in game testing of procs was within 5% of what I expected (so i saw 21 instead of 20 big deal >.>).  I did record one instance that my excel sheet procs were off but I assumed I was using a slightly different weapon loadout-making the result invalid.  The issue was brought to my attention when using gas against  ferrite armored targets I had to make an odd change to the excel sheet. I believe It's fixed now but seemed too odd what I did to fix it (ignored enemy armor elemental coef from cloned flesh when ferrite was present, but when alloy armor was used, the -50% from flesh wasn't ignored.)

This is correct. However there's also a mechanic that demands that physical procs make up 50% of the procs. So with the Dread Gas build for example, every proc would have 50% chance of being Gas, 45% chance of being Slash, and 2.5% chance each of being Impact or Puncture.

Yep, I kind of put that into the "likely hood of proc section" AH60'ish. 

the likely hood of proc section also multiplies the chance of each projectile/bullet to the %'s you gave.

However, there may be some confusion.  Guessing you did some quick math in ur head and/or miss interpreted my S#&$y explanation.

gas was weighted 20% higher than the physical procs because a mods boosted gas to 120% of physical. Was I not supposed  to do that?

For clarity, even if we have say 300% gas moded, physical damage types still represent 50% of the procs? 

If this is the case, shouldn't be too hard to fix. But could you link me your source or is it your own findings?

I also can't find where you've specified Infested as the enemy type. Is that just a manual modifier input around Q-93?

Overall it seems a lot more complex than I would have hoped. A simple damage /w modifiers calculator and the proc value listed at the side would be a lot easier to use.

Edit: I'm not even sure the damage numbers are correct. The 'Critical Modifier' listed as 6.75 should be 7, I think - 5.6x from crit damage and 1.25x from red crits.

In the armor type section. Everything needed to do a proper dps calculation is in columns B and C.

Too complex? Guess I'm a bit confused because the final result is a single graph comparing two weapon builds (okay yes, 2nd graph showing percent difference). Everything else is just extra information that's nice to know and help me verify accuracy in game.

(K11*K14+1-K11)+K12*(K14-1)

that's the formula pasted from the excel sheet. 

(K11*K14+1-K11) is yellow crit stuff and K12*(K14-1) is red crit stuff.

or

(crit chance*crit mult + noncrit chance*1) + Red crit chance*(crit mult - 1)

Fairly confident I can combine it into the crit coef like that. the yellow crit stuff is spot on with warframe builder.com but I believe warframe builder forgot to reduce the crit mult by 1 for red crits. i'll double check that this was exactly what was different later tonight. If i removed the -1 from the red crit formula, you get 7. 

Thanks a ton sir for the critique.  I've seen some of the stuff you've said in forums, you know ur S#&$. Nice to have ppl like that to help improve my little project.

Edited by Quizel

Updated notes for corrosive projection.

Removed integer function from proc damage checker section

You can now enter 50% as 50 instead of 0.50. I got tired of typing that decimal.

Still concerned about this:

Yep, I kind of put that into the "likely hood of proc section" AH60'ish. 

the likely hood of proc section also multiplies the chance of each projectile/bullet to the %'s you gave.

However, there may be some confusion.  Guessing you did some quick math in ur head and/or miss interpreted my S#&$y explanation.

gas was weighted 20% higher than the physical procs because a mods boosted gas to 120% of physical. Was I not supposed  to do that?

For clarity, even if we have say 300% gas moded, physical damage types still represent 50% of the procs? 

If this is the case, shouldn't be too hard to fix. But could you link me your source or is it your own findings?

Edited by Quizel

One thing wiki didn't state that I found during testing is that when gas proc's it does an aoe of 100% base to everything AND starts a tic of 50% base for 9 tics which is further scaled by enemy armor coef's. So, 0.5*9+1 5.5.

Curious to where you saw 2.75?

I was under the impression that the AoE was 50% of base, and ticks 50% of that, so 0.25*9+0.5 = 2.75

It would be my own findings, did a bunch of testing a while back; but cant seem to find the thread with the #'s. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/253248-elemental-status-elemental-damage-vs-elemental-damage/?p=2933190 is the post I use to explain it tho.

In the armor type section. Everything needed to do a proper dps calculation is in columns B and C.

Too complex? Guess I'm a bit confused because the final result is a single graph comparing two weapon builds (okay yes, 2nd graph showing percent difference). Everything else is just extra information that's nice to know and help me verify accuracy in game.

Ah got it, the 50 in B-84. Im a little unsure how you'd insert armor (just use base flesh for hp and armor value in specified column?)

(K11*K14+1-K11)+K12*(K14-1)

that's the formula pasted from the excel sheet. 

(K11*K14+1-K11) is yellow crit stuff and K12*(K14-1) is red crit stuff.

Frustratingly I can't see the formulas in excel, everything but the data entry is locked. (PM me the password? :D)

I honestly don't get this formula, but K12 and K14 should never end up multiplied. Red crits only deal 2x more than a normal crit, they don't apply the multiplier again. Simple logic says a 25% chance to deal double damage is the same as a 25% damage amplification, meaning a modifier of 5.6 becomes 7.0 when that amplification is included. So (K12+1)*K14 should work.

To look at it your way; (CritChance*CritMulti + noncrit*1) * (Redcrit*2+(NonRedcrit*1)

The former being avg multiplier from yellow crits, the latter being extra damage done from red crits. The red crit damage is an additional modifier on top of the yellow crit, so it needs to be multiplied, not added, and it simplifies down to (Redcrit+1).

If you wanted to add it, you'd have to subtract 1 and multiply it by the yellow crit value again, which is pointless repetition: (CritChance*CritMulti + noncrit*1) + ((Redcrit*2+(NonRedcrit*1)-1)*(CritChance*CritMulti + noncrit*1)

Another way would be Redcritchance*redcritdamage+nonredcritchance*yellowcritdamage; (Redcrit*2*CritMulti + NonRedcrit*CritMulti) but that only works for >100% crit.

Best way imo would be (CritChance*CritMulti + noncrit*1) * (Redcrit+1).

Ah got it, the 50 in B-84. Im a little unsure how you'd insert armor (just use base flesh for hp and armor value in specified column?)

yeah, in the armor section, just enter "health" as an armor type.

Always type base values and than verify base level and current level is correct, mostly for ferrite/alloy armor targets, but i did recently put in estimated kill time. Assuming the equation I found for health scaling was correct. 

I'll double check in game the gas proc, most of my testing I did for this spreadsheet was done 1/2 asleep.

For red crits, I'm very confident that the additional damage gained is (crit multiplier -1). wiki kind of explained this horribly.  However, in game testing using given formula was producing results within 0.006% error. (observe example of corpus red crit above- not all test are that spot on but within 1% error).

I could be wrong but shaking me will be  hard lol.  ex 7-6.75 / 7 = ~3.5% 

I'll test some more perhaps but as long as I'm within 1% error including all the armor calculations and estimates, i'm not gonna change it.

When things don't match up, I'll try your equation and see how it does.

The reason -1 makes sense to me is because you're removing the fact a crit multiplier of 1.5 really only increases damage by 50% when you crit vs a non-crit.  What red crits do in my mind is continue to scale crit dmg evenly past 100% crit chance without a free bonus of 100%.

Anyway, everything is subject to change, and I do think what your findings about proc distributions is reasonable.  How it was explained in the thread will be a little more messy though to get into excel >.<. Not as quick of a fix but doable me thinks. Just more if() statements.

Edited by Quizel

if i was't clear about how to use the armor section, here's another example.

example against a lvl 34 corrupted heavy gunner.

Base Level (8)- Found on wiki

700 Cloned Flesh - Codex or wiki

500 Ferrite Armor - Codex or wiki

e4vezIK.png

For red crits, I'm very confident that the additional damage gained is (crit multiplier -1). wiki kind of explained this horribly.  However, in game testing using given formula was producing results within 0.006% error. (observe example of corpus red crit above- not all test are that spot on but within 1% error).

Huh. You know, the information in the wiki is completely different than I had observed. I jumped into a game all excited for crits squared and only saw a static 2x, and had that confirmed by a few other people. Never really got in depth testing it. Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention or it was changed. Okay, so I hereby withdraw exception to the crit modifier, at least till I get a chance to learn how it really works.

My bad.

The -1 does make sense if you look at it as 1+CritMod+CritMod where CritMod is how much is added by a crit.

Edit: Jesus fixing the builder is gonna suck. I'm gonna steal RedCrit*(CritMult-1) for that.

Edited by Darzk

Took 2nd look at gas proc tic dmg, it wasn't as good as i'd like in game test against ferrite armor 37, excel sheet 43. that's too far off for my standards.

i'll look into it more over the weekend. i'm not thinking clearly atm enough to do anything about it :D.

Oh, realized where your 2.75 came from.

Most procs scale with those elemental armor and health coefficients. (slash proc for one doesn't)  

If you tested on a grineer with alloy, -50% on cloned flesh is applied. 5.5*.5 =2.75.

If you tested on a grineer with alloy, -50% on cloned flesh is applied. 5.5*.5 =2.75.

The proc itself should be toxin damage tho, which is neutral to Alloy Grineer.

2.75 vs 5.5 is just confusion over whether the initial AoE is 50% of base damage like the other status effects or 100% like you claim.

Edit: Did some quick testing for you. Grinlok, with a base damage of ~120, was ticcking after proc for:

19 toxin on a level 22 Seeker
22 seeker has 406 armor, effective 305 against toxin = 0.496 mitigation
= 38.3 tick /1.25 modifier = 30.6 damage tick = ~60 initial impact = half of 120 base damage

8 toxin on level 21 bombard
lvl 21 bombard has 856 armor = 0.259 mitigation
=30.8 damage tick = 60 initial impact = half of 120 base damage

So it seems to be ticks of 1/4 base damage after an initial proc damage of 1/2. 1/2+9*1/4 = 2.75x total,
Edited by Darzk

2.75 vs 5.5 is just confusion over whether the initial AoE is 50% of base damage like the other status effects or 100% like you claim.

Edit: Did some quick testing for you. Grinlok, with a base damage of ~120, was ticcking after proc for:

19 toxin on a level 22 Seeker
22 seeker has 406 armor, effective 305 against toxin = 0.496 mitigation
= 38.3 tick /1.25 modifier = 30.6 damage tick = ~60 initial impact = half of 120 base damage

8 toxin on level 21 bombard
lvl 21 bombard has 856 armor = 0.259 mitigation
=30.8 damage tick = 60 initial impact = half of 120 base damage

So it seems to be ticks of 1/4 base damage after an initial proc damage of 1/2. 1/2+9*1/4 = 2.75x total,

yeah, looks like i goofed that one in multiple areas, tested on a infested w/o any armor crap to confuse things. the toxic dmg coef makes everything more clearer than using the gas.

let me know if you see any other extreme errors.

you probably just saved me 2-3h of head banging against the wall, earlier test that was 37 dmg / tic now shows 36.6 in excel.

i'll post this version in a bit after double checking i didn't delete something I wasn't supposed to 

Edited by Quizel

It would be my own findings, did a bunch of testing a while back; but cant seem to find the thread with the #'s. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/253248-elemental-status-elemental-damage-vs-elemental-damage/?p=2933190 is the post I use to explain it tho.

Updated to incorporate this. Let me know if it behaves like what your findings were. 

Table located at AG79'ish.

Note:

Numbers are weighted with proc chance of weapon -> might be more beneficial to enter a weapon in with 100% proc chance just to verify table.

Edited by Quizel

Fix'ed proc dmg on sheet 3 for elemental base dmg weapons.

Added the mechanic if you use 100% corrosive projection, the ferrite/alloy elemental coef will be set to 1 (neutral).

Edited by Quizel

Added  est. damage per ammo used on sheet 3

Added % Time spent reloading. Kind of useful to know for secondary weapons. If you're spending over 50% of the time reloading, a reload mod may prove useful as a 8th mod. 

Found a nasty error that I'm not sure if it ever got uploaded here. (At one point or another i continued working on an old version thinking it was the up to date one >.>) Anyway it was bad and hopefully resolved. ( the issue was that added elemental dmg from modding wasn't showing up for weapon 2 for more than 1/2 of the damage calculations on sheet 3 or way off. The cells were all shifted incorrectly.)

Investigated Volt's Shield Dmg bonus. It now works against infested perfectly (at least with minimal testing) but not all that great against armored targets.fixed

Added # of pellets for base attributes of a weapon.  Spreadsheet now properly calculates status effect dmg for shotgun weapons without manipulating the numbers or jumping through hoops. Also, you can now use this very same box for channeled weapons. Ex: enter channeled status % as you see it. In the # of pellets box you'd put 10.

Edited by Quizel