Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Really As Bad As I Hear?

Vizsla

Question

all i hear from people are that nekros are weak and only good for desecration, is that true? nekros seem to interest me so I'm trying to get all the parts, but can nekros not go to super high round missions or hold their own? i would like to know what you guys say, i only mostly hear negative about them.

20 answers to this question

I have no idea what you've heard but Nekros is great if modded well. He can be made to work in so many different scenarios. He can also make better use of a High-rank Equilibrium mod than most other frame since he generates so many red orbs with Desecrate cast on mobs.

Nekros' fourth ability is very underrated. In a t4 survival or defense you bring a paris prime and one shot all those ancients and heavy gunners and you have yourself a very powerful army to help protect you or the objective. With a maxed duration it can last up to 77 seconds with no negative effects.

The thing is with Nekros, at least for me, is that unlike most frames he doesn't have anything that he can carry a team with. Soul punch is nice for single targets and terrify can he helpful when reviving, but the thing about shadows of the dead is that YOU have to kill the enemies that are summoned. Nekros doesn't really have any way to kill large groups of enemies, so you end up relying a LOT on your weapons and other frames to carry you forward.

The thing is, he is the furthest thing from a frontliner, but he is easily one of the best support frames in the game, creating more drops than most members can handle. So all in all, he's a major team player, but in no way a one man army... which is of course why he summons a frigging army. To compensate for that.

Nekros' fourth ability is very underrated. In a t4 survival or defense you bring a paris prime and one shot all those ancients and heavy gunners and you have yourself a very powerful army to help protect you or the objective. With a maxed duration it can last up to 77 seconds with no negative effects.

yeah but a max power efficeincy build for desecrate can reduce desecrate power to 12.5 and reduce time duration by 50 percent

not worth the mod to put continuity constitution adn narrow minded

Edited by (PS4)ArjunHarikumar

Shadows get in the way of your shots

Shadows clog up hallways

Shadows have poor AI

Shadows are unreliable meatshields

It's a decent ult. Decent. Good if you're running solo and need a distraction to flank a group of enemies who just walked into the room, and good to distract enemies if you need to revive someone or hit the air. It's also good if you need health orbs and are running Quick Thinking/Equilibrium. Otherwise, mash on that 3.

I main Nekros and love him. Drag him everywhere and trying to break record in T3 and T4 survival whenever I can now.

Sadly, whenever I play another frame including the meh Oberon, I just feel like the game is a lot easier. The lack of reliable CC or defensive skill makes it so that I cannot make any mistake whatsoever with Nekros. What Nekros can kill, others can do it easier and faster. He just has more bullets and oxygen than everyone else thanks to Desecrate. Those Red Health Orb won't do much since a split second of damage from Heavy gunner = all health orb gone.

Honestly, he's pretty darn good, but most people take the easy and incredibly nice route of Desecrating. If you know what you're doing, he's a really solid frame, but he's still support at the core. He's by no means "necessary" on every team (still nice to have on Survivals), but he can help a lot with any mission type.

he is situational, nekros is good if you know how to use it, people saying he is weak probably are rhino users...

Yeah but people who say any frame is weak are probably rhino users who expect to hit a button and be invincible. Or at least they think they're invincible because they've never touched high level content.

Shadows get in the way of your shots

Shadows clog up hallways

Shadows have poor AI

Shadows are unreliable meatshields

It's a decent ult. Decent. Good if you're running solo and need a distraction to flank a group of enemies who just walked into the room, and good to distract enemies if you need to revive someone or hit the air. It's also good if you need health orbs and are running Quick Thinking/Equilibrium. Otherwise, mash on that 3.

Don't forget that you have to actively avoid shooting at small fry if you want to build a half-decent army, and you have to killsteal teammates if you want to build an army quickly. Unfortunately, building selective armies is detrimental to both the objective and teamplay, and will remain so until a priority system of some sort (e.g. Toxic Ancients shouldn't be overwritten by Volatile Runners...) is implemented.