Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rewarded Not To Play?

Ozarrk

Sorry if this post is already somewhere else but the system warframe uses to reward people who log in every day seems to be backwards.

Currently to get a % discount anytime soon you need to skip logging in for a day so you get the beginner rewards again. This is great for new players because they have a pretty high chance of getting this awesome reward but what about the old players that log in every day? I cant convince myself to put any money into this game outside of the 50%+ discount for platinum or the access prime deals that go on. Currently I feel like I can't play the game because I refuse to put that much money down on plat. With the update coming out soon I really want to play but I also really want some more platinum and to get this I have to skip a day. Please feel free to yell at me but I really don't see how this money making scheme works considering new players are too naive to see what a great discount they have if they get it so they wont use it, and older players are too smart to pay the massive amount of money it takes for platinum without a discount.

While it is true that you can get the % discount after the 7 day mark, the chances of you getting a decent discount is really really low in comparison to people who log in after missing a day. Plus I always seem to get the 20% off discount which just isn't enough to justify the price of plat... its hard to justify the price at 50% knowing there is a 75% out there.

While it is true that you can get the % discount after the 7 day mark, the chances of you getting a decent discount is really really low in comparison to people who log in after missing a day. Plus I always seem to get the 20% off discount which just isn't enough to justify the price of plat... its hard to justify the price at 50% knowing there is a 75% out there.

Could you link me to something that proves this? I'd very much like to see it for myself.

Supposedly the 1 day reward is more likely to give any of the discounts.  I have a feeling that it is more that there are more rewards available for the 7 day reward, so it just pushes the discounts down a little bit.

More importantly, the discounts are kind of unnecessary anyway.  To keep it simple, more people buy the plat without discount then people that actually wait for the discount.  The rest of the people aren't going to buy plat ever, discount or not.  The discount does not urge someone to suddenly buy platinum when they have avoided buying plat as long as they have played.

While it is true that some people will never pay for any plat to help support the developers, the fact that people won't wait for a discount before buying plat isn't. Unless I NEED plat right this second, which is never really, I will never spend 200 bucks on that biggest plat package... ever... This is also true for other people that play with me in my clan as well as almost everybody else I have talked to. Almost nobody is willing to pay 200 bucks for plat and honestly DE would have better luck if they took out the discount, at least then I know the 200 bucks I dropped on plat is not a waste when somebody else with a 75% off could spend 50 bucks and get just as much. Ill never drop another penny in this game outside of discounted plat or Prime Access.

While it is true that some people will never pay for any plat to help support the developers, the fact that people won't wait for a discount before buying plat isn't. Unless I NEED plat right this second, which is never really, I will never spend 200 bucks on that biggest plat package... ever... This is also true for other people that play with me in my clan as well as almost everybody else I have talked to. Almost nobody is willing to pay 200 bucks for plat and honestly DE would have better luck if they took out the discount, at least then I know the 200 bucks I dropped on plat is not a waste when somebody else with a 75% off could spend 50 bucks and get just as much. Ill never drop another penny in this game outside of discounted plat or Prime Access.

Pretty much how I think, too. Unless I get a 75% discount code (I never have), I'm not putting a dime in plat. But if I do get the 75% off, I'll spend on the highest pack without giving it a second thought.

other Online games have similar schemes with their games. 

ex. - games where you rent Equipment? Accounts that are inactive for large amounts of time will probably find themselves buried in random Equipment if they login. 

it's an incentive along the lines of 'pls come back'.