Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U15: Still Early But It Must Be Talked About!

(PSN)ghost09lilG

I believe U15 should really be a bug fix and polish update.. As much as all the new u14 content is gonna be great and is much appreciated.

I know it's still early but that's good if we talk about it, the earlier we voice our opinions the more chances U15 will truly reflect on what community wants.

The main problem DE have to fix things is TIME and if they spend most of their time for new content the fixes will be coming very slowly..

I hope U15 will focus on fixing and rebalancing and for once skip too much new stuff.

I'm sure the community would much rather see a U15 that completely or fixes most of the problems with the existing game than a bunch of new weapons..

What do you guys think should be the next step?

I believe U15 should really be a bug fix and polish update.. As much as all the new u14 content is gonna be great and is much appreciated.

I know it's still early but that's good if we talk about it, the earlier we voice our opinions the more chances U15 will truly reflect on what community wants.

The main problem DE have to fix things is TIME and if they spend most of their time for new content the fixes will be coming very slowly..

I hope U15 will focus on fixing and rebalancing and for once skip too much new stuff.

I'm sure the community would much rather see a U15 that completely or fixes most of the problems with the existing game than a bunch of new weapons..

What do you guys think should be the next step?

bug fixing? don't be silly. ain't no body got time for dat

Edited by InForWar

The game is almost broken.. The amount of bugs and unbalanced are numerous and are what the community complains the MOST about. . The earlier they are treated the earlier this game will truly be Amazing.

Tell me about it. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/260348-warframe-has-crahsed-congratulations-you-just-lost-60-minutes-of-your-playing-time/

Proof? 

That was an assumption. my proof is every program out there, when they release new updates they're filled with bugs.

plus i found some more bugs with the recent updates

Edited by InForWar

Balancing and polishing of already existing content won't generate much revenue therefore I don't think we'll see DEvs focusing on that for quite some time. Maybe at the end of beta but definitely not U15

Is there an end to BETA.. There is no end, no beta means no bugs.. not happening because every time new content is released it creates more bugs that have to be fixed on top of the existing ones.. The Beta word is just there as a bandage to justify all these problems

Is there an end to BETA.. There is no end, no beta means no bugs.. not happening because every time new content is released it creates more bugs that have to be fixed on top of the existing ones.. The Beta word is just there as a bandage to justify all these problems

WELL, just because it's beta doesn't mean it makes it anywhere right for them to leave those bugs in the game.

They now have enough ressource to do both, stop being silly plox

If that's the case then great.. but since new content means new bugs, releasing new content isn't the ideal solution to fixing bugs.. new content can obviously still come before and after u15.. I just want u15 to focus only on the main bugs and unbalances That have been present for a very very long time

WELL, just because it's beta doesn't mean it makes it anywhere right for them to leave those bugs in the game.

They would like to fix all this.. but their problem as I said is Time! They need to skip making too much new stuff for U15 to focus their TIME on fixes and rebalances

This. There are often pages of bug fixes with each update.

And if you take the time the read every one of those fixes you realize

1. You probably didn't even know those bugs existed

2. The main bugs are still there ex.: Grey screen of death in dojo to name a few

3. The game is still unbalanced

I don't want the little bug fixes I want them to fix what people have been complaining for a long time : The Big Bugs

They would like to fix all this.. but their problem as I said is Time! They need to skip making too much new stuff for U15 to focus their TIME on fixes and rebalances

you mean U14. U15 is a couple of months away the paste this is going. U14 wasn't released yet, it really is too early to speak of U15.

In my opinion, official updates should be delivering new content. 'Hotfixes' should be bug fixes. DE mistakes their meaning by adding new items and calling it a hotfix.

And that word has never been used by the Developers to "justify" anything. The only time I have seen that word used as an excuse is by the players, and the players alone. 

That being said, there will never be a major update where the only content within it are fixes. This simply does not happen with in-development products, especially free-to-play products where bringing the players back for new content is mandatory for the life of the game. Thus far DE has done a good job of getting rid of the major bugs as they happen, whilst minor ones are dealt with at a more leisurely pace, as true to their namesake, they are minor.

Then there is the nature of the bugs themselves. Bug fixing is really a mixed bag. Sometimes it is easy, sometimes it isn't too bad, and sometimes it is hair-rippingly difficult. They must first find the bug, which varies in difficulty depending on whether the players reported it or not. Second, they must replicate the bug, which is not always guaranteed to happen and there are cases where they will try hundreds of times until they complete a successful replication. But all that was the easy part. Now they must fix the bug, and do so in a way that is both satisfactory and does not create additional bugs in the process. That is the hard part. As you can tell from what I just detailed, the process is a long one. And it goes without saying that the team of developers dedicated to performing these fixes is constantly working, and who knows how long it takes for them to get through a single batch.

I hope I cleared some stuff up. By no means am I saying I I prefer content over fixes, however. What I am saying is that content and fixes are equally important to the life of a free-to-play in-development game, and finding the balance between the too while keeping a community at odds with itself is a truly gargantuan task for anyone. Fixes come all the time, most are with updates and hotfixes, and others are small enough to go under the radar, but they are there. Content is just more noticeable because they are typically announced.

If they did just do ONlY bug fixes...then what will their content folk be doing? Sitting on their asses, twiddling their thumbs?

Hell, if they did do what you asked, you'd just scream at them that they should've put in something new to the game instead of fixing bugs.

you mean U14. U15 is a couple of months away the paste this is going. U14 wasn't released yet, it really is too early to speak of U15.

In my opinion, official updates should be delivering new content. 'Hotfixes' should be bug fixes. DE mistakes their meaning by adding new items and calling it a hotfix.

I know it's not for a while but if we talk about it now we can influence the outcome of it.. The Hotfixes are great except that for now they don't completely fix lots.. just little tidbits here and there, usually bugs from newly released content

If they did just do ONlY bug fixes...then what will their content folk be doing? Sitting on their asses, twiddling their thumbs?

Hell, if they did do what you asked, you'd just scream at them that they should've put in something new to the game instead of fixing bugs.

I'm not saying forget content forever and fix everything.. I'm just saying That for U15 and only U15 fixes and rebalancing should be the focus and before or after that update go back to the usual way of doing things