Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U15: Still Early But It Must Be Talked About!

(PSN)ghost09lilG

I find this thread a big miscommunication gap, as a PS4 user is trying to reason with PC users. In PC we have very little bug, none game breaking as far as I am aware, and those that are, is the the player doing them on purpse, such as flying off the map. The bugs that exist now are msotly AI based, and perhaps mission based, but thats it!

I never enountered any grey screen (i dont think it even exists on PC) or other bugs you are very concerned about. Your thread is wrong to ask this, as it is considering something it should not and that is the gap. What you should ask is to reduce the gap, so that the PS4 version is on par with the PC version.

And that word has never been used by the Developers to "justify" anything. The only time I have seen that word used as an excuse is by the players, and the players alone. 

That being said, there will never be a major update where the only content within it are fixes. This simply does not happen with in-development products, especially free-to-play products where bringing the players back for new content is mandatory for the life of the game. Thus far DE has done a good job of getting rid of the major bugs as they happen, whilst minor ones are dealt with at a more leisurely pace, as true to their namesake, they are minor.

Then there is the nature of the bugs themselves. Bug fixing is really a mixed bag. Sometimes it is easy, sometimes it isn't too bad, and sometimes it is hair-rippingly difficult. They must first find the bug, which varies in difficulty depending on whether the players reported it or not. Second, they must replicate the bug, which is not always guaranteed to happen and there are cases where they will try hundreds of times until they complete a successful replication. But all that was the easy part. Now they must fix the bug, and do so in a way that is both satisfactory and does not create additional bugs in the process. That is the hard part. As you can tell from what I just detailed, the process is a long one. And it goes without saying that the team of developers dedicated to performing these fixes is constantly working, and who knows how long it takes for them to get through a single batch.

I hope I cleared some stuff up. By no means am I saying I I prefer content over fixes, however. What I am saying is that content and fixes are equally important to the life of a free-to-play in-development game, and finding the balance between the too while keeping a community at odds with itself is a truly gargantuan task for anyone. Fixes come all the time, most are with updates and hotfixes, and others are small enough to go under the radar, but they are there. Content is just more noticeable because they are typically announced.

I never said the DEvs themselves used it as an excuse.. it's just there .. The word beta is always there whether they say it or not, and consequently helps justify the bugs

I agree with you on most of what you say content must still be provided but I feel that the main focus for U15 should be fixes whilst still bringing some content like focus system, etc.. but focusing on bugs.

I don't know how hard it is to fix bugs and it must be but we all know it takes time.. Time that they keep saying is their main problem for fixes in every live stream. . Time.. they could have way more Time if they focused more their time on fixes and less content and not have Scott and Steve look the only two guys in DE that seem to work on bugs (even if that's not the case) and them always saying their main problem is Time! Time mostly spent on new content.

"the games nearly broken".

What? A vast majority of these "major bugs" a lot of players are yet to even experience.

The odd time I do experience one its such a rare occurrence that its hardly worth getting antsy about.

I'm not saying these bugs should remain unfixed, but it needs to be noted that bug fixing is not easy and is going on all the time.

Why would a major update (which is based around new content, hence it being MAJOR) be focused on bugs?

Coming soon U99: 

-bug fixes (mostly minor)

-Minor clipping overhaul with cosmetics on that one new frame.

-New colour pallette

Get excited!

Bugs are being worked on all the time. Stop associating new content with negligence.

It makes no sense what so ever.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

I find this thread a big miscommunication gap, as a PS4 user is trying to reason with PC users. In PC we have very little bug, none game breaking as far as I am aware, and those that are, is the the player doing them on purpse, such as flying off the map. The bugs that exist now are msotly AI based, and perhaps mission based, but thats it!

I never enountered any grey screen (i dont think it even exists on PC) or other bugs you are very concerned about. Your thread is wrong to ask this, as it is considering something it should not and that is the gap. What you should ask is to reduce the gap, so that the PS4 version is on par with the PC version.

Maybe that is so but not only bugs.. rebalancing the whole damn game.. new content too hard for new players... endgame is nonexistent for veteran players because of overpowered weapons and warframe powers that brake the game by just pressing 4 or a button and already winning the mission.. I don't want to play the hardest defense for an hour to start feeling some kind of challenge.. In a way rebalancing the whole game would ''create new content'' cuz it would provide the needed endgame for veteran players

"the games nearly broken".

What? A vast majority of these "major bugs" a lot of players are yet to even experience.

The odd time I do experience one its such a rare occurrence that its hardly worth getting antsy about.

I'm not saying these bugs should remain unfixed, but it needs to be noted that bug fixing is not easy and is going on all the time.

Why would a major update (which is based around new content, hence it being MAJOR) be focused on bugs?

Coming soon U99: 

-bug fixes (mostly minor)

Get excited!

Bugs are being worked on all the time. Stop associating new content with negligence.

It makes no sense what so ever.

The game isn't broken by bugs those are but a minor annoyance to the flow and polish Ness of the game.. The unbalance in weapons and warframes is what breaks the game : . rebalancing the whole damn game.. new content too hard for new players... endgame is nonexistent for veteran players because of overpowered weapons and warframe powers that brake the game by just pressing 4 or a button and already winning the mission.. I don't want to play the hardest defense for an hour to start feeling some kind of challenge.. In a way rebalancing the whole game would ''create new content'' cuz it would provide the needed endgame for veteran players 

Maybe that is so but not only bugs.. rebalancing the whole damn game.. new content too hard for new players... endgame is nonexistent for veteran players because of overpowered weapons and warframe powers that brake the game by just pressing 4 or a button and already winning the mission.. I don't want to play the hardest defense for an hour to start feeling some kind of challenge.. In a way rebalancing the whole game would ''create new content'' cuz it would provide the needed endgame for veteran players

But thats the point. All that stuff is being worked towards. One thing at a time.

The devs can only do so much and you can bet your @$$ that if they focus on end game and bunch of players will complain then if they comply and focus on balancing the previous players will complain. Also WF by its very nature is a nightmare to rebalanced and everytime DE does some adjusting people lose their S#&$ because their precious boltor prime or "frame x"is now "broken"

TL;DR

DE will never be able to please everyone.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

and here is the problem. are you asking for bug fixes or end game content? cuase (or as you put it "cuz") thats a completely different matter. Rebalancing and endgame content has NOTHING to do with bug fixing. You are not saying something opposite to what you stated in the original post.

Edited by TheNexusCloud

and here is the problem. are you asking for bug fixes or end game content? cuase (or as you put it "cuz") thats a completely different matter. Rebalancing and endgame content has NOTHING to do with bug fixing. You are not saying something opposite to what you stated in the original post.

I mentioned focusing on Bug fixes AND Rebalancing... Rebalancing would consequently create the endgame content most players long for.

How about stopping talking about irrational, untrue things?

The Developers work incredibly hard on their game, and we can't say it's broken. Honestly, sometimes I can't find a bug at all in the game (obviously playing differently... maybe?) while lots of people are crying and yelling in the forums "WHEN WILL IT BE FIXED??? OH GOD THIS BUG IS ANCIENT AND BREAKS THE GAME!"

EVERY SINGE UPDATE, no matter how "big" it is, INCLUDES bugfixes. You can't complain about the devs not caring about the bugs, because it is not true at all. And giving a major update only for bugfixes makes no sense, sorry.

This is not final, they still consider it being in beta status, which means you are still beta testers and you should tell them about these bugs you find, so they can fix it as soon as they can. (I'm not saying it usually does not happen.)

Bugs are natural parts of software development, and they WILL be there. Even the final WINDOWS versions have bugs, which costs a bit more than the FREE Warframe.

I think the next step is staying on the current path and the major updates bring NEW content, WITH bugfixes, AS USUAL.

But thats the point. All that stuff is being worked towards. One thing at a time.

The devs can only do so much and you can bet your @$$ that if they focus on end game and bunch of players will complain then if they comply and focus on balancing the previous players will complain. Also WF by its very nature is a nightmare to rebalanced and everytime DE does some adjusting people lose their S#&$ because their precious boltor prime or "frame x"is now "broken"

TL;DR

DE will never be able to please everyone.

De didn't intend to have all those OP weapons that people love so much. . To them that is a problem that will be fixed along with OP powers, one shooting most enemy in the game with a rifle is not what they intend for their gameplay and they mentioned this in many live streams. People cry people cry. .. they'll complain for a week and then they'll get over what they call nerf (which is actually rebalancing) , people get over the rebalances YET as we can obviously see here people haven't got over the fact there's no endgame and are still talking about it since the first updates...

How about stopping talking about irrational, untrue things?

The Developers work incredibly hard on their game, and we can't say it's broken. Honestly, sometimes I can't find a bug at all in the game (obviously playing differently... maybe?) while lots of people are crying and yelling in the forums "WHEN WILL IT BE FIXED??? OH GOD THIS BUG IS ANCIENT AND BREAKS THE GAME!"

EVERY SINGE UPDATE, no matter how "big" it is, INCLUDES bugfixes. You can't complain about the devs not caring about the bugs, because it is not true at all. And giving a major update only for bugfixes makes no sense, sorry.

This is not final, they still consider it being in beta status, which means you are still beta testers and you should tell them about these bugs you find, so they can fix it as soon as they can. (I'm not saying it usually does not happen.)

Bugs are natural parts of software development, and they WILL be there. Even the final WINDOWS versions have bugs, which costs a bit more than the FREE Warframe.

I think the next step is staying on the current path and the major updates bring NEW content, WITH bugfixes, AS USUAL.

Go Read what I've replied twice already to people that said the same as you, game ain't broken cuz of bugs those are but a minor annoyance that hinder gameplay and flow.. The game is broken because of unbalances!! I won't repeat myself so just go read what I've already replied

DEVS work really hard and I am ever grateful for that I don't want this thread to be a complaining rage one I want it to be Criticism that they can use to make the game better than it is at the moment, and it's already a damn good game (that sadly the content can be broken because of unbalances).Great game, will play it and support DE. But if things must be better the unbalances and bug fixes are what will solely make the whole experience better and not what I call new '' candy'' content

2. The main bugs are still there ex.: Grey screen of death in dojo to name a few

Is this when you click on a dojo console more than once, and it brings up a gray screen? AFAIK it's only caused when it tries to download the same UI more than once, causing a lockup. And they've mentioned that they're looking into fixing UI lockups.

I for one try my hardest to make sure I don't tap use button more than once, and wait a few seconds to make sure the button press didn't register, instead of it simply in the process of loading the data.

Is this when you click on a dojo console more than once, and it brings up a gray screen? AFAIK it's only caused when it tries to download the same UI more than once, causing a lockup. And they've mentioned that they're looking into fixing UI lockups.

I for one try my hardest to make sure I don't tap use button more than once, and wait a few seconds to make sure the button press didn't register, instead of it simply in the process of loading the data.

So that's how you make it not appear thx so much :D I am happy it will be fixed

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??????? pc version is as broken as the ps4. SOOOOOOOOO MANY crash bugs

Edited by InForWar