Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shotgun Pellet Damage Question

FATEdPondera

Question

So, I recently put together a Hek shotgun in anticipation of U14, and the possibility of Alad V's infested horde showing up again, and have some questions.

First, when you mouse over the weapon in the warframe weaponry screen, I see over 400 puncture damage. Is that per pellet, or, if all of the pellets strike their mark, do they add up to equal this number?

If all of the pellets need to hit the target in order to do the damage shown, that doesn't really make much sense. Mods like Hell's chamber would be a detriment because of the fact that they are reducing the average damage per pellet in favor of more pellets.

Would someone be kind enough to show me some math on how shotgun damage is calculated?

3 answers to this question

So, I recently put together a Hek shotgun in anticipation of U14, and the possibility of Alad V's infested horde showing up again, and have some questions.

First, when you mouse over the weapon in the warframe weaponry screen, I see over 400 puncture damage. Is that per pellet, or, if all of the pellets strike their mark, do they add up to equal this number?

If all of the pellets need to hit the target in order to do the damage shown, that doesn't really make much sense. Mods like Hell's chamber would be a detriment because of the fact that they are reducing the average damage per pellet in favor of more pellets.

Would someone be kind enough to show me some math on how shotgun damage is calculated?

The 400 dmg is for all pellets hitting their target.

Hell's chamber does not reduced dmg per pellet, but actually increase total number of pellets, adding more dmg and that increases your dmg per trigger pull.

Damage and status chance indicate all pellets hitting but crit chance and crit damage is calculated per pellet.

Multi shot is a% chance to shoot double or triple above 100% multi shot the # of projectiles. Those projectiles do not deal less damage individually.

So, I recently put together a Hek shotgun in anticipation of U14, and the possibility of Alad V's infested horde showing up again,

In addition, I would not suggest the Hek as an anti-infested shotgun. It's mostly puncture based (negligible applicable bonuses) and has a tight spread, making it a poor choice for crowds of Infested. I would consider instead the Tigris or Drakgoon, which are both Slash based with a wide spread.