Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How About This, A Timezone Display?

Bronte

i suggested a partly similar thing a while ago, to have a countdown timer on the forums for the dev- and livestreams.

then rebecca responded with

Hi there!

We will look into this, we may not have the bandwidth to add it though, but it's worth investigating.

Thanks!

Reb

*also just to make it easier, the forum time is NOT the same time as DE has it. So if they say its at 5 pm, its NOT the same as 5 pm forum time -.-''

Edited by Frostosti

i suggested a partly similar thing a while ago, to have a countdown timer on the forums for the dev- and livestreams.

then rebecca responded with

*also just to make it easier, the forum time is NOT the same time as DE has it. So if they say its at 5 pm, its NOT the same as 5 pm forum time -.-''

I just meant add a local DE timer so we'd have better ideas on what day and time it is over there.

Not countdowns or anything like that, just a local time.

Edited by Bronte

I just meant add a local DE timer so we'd have better ideas on what day and time it is over there.

i know what you meant and i know the difference.

But a countdown timer requires less server bandwidth than a clock, since it only has to be active 24 hours (or something like that) before a stream, while a clock has to stay there 24/7. So if it is already uncertain that a countdown is possible, it will be even harder to add a clock.But ofcourse i am in favour of the idea. So confusing all these time zones.....

That'd be really useful.

Every news I see I must go to worldtimebuddy.com to check what time an event will happen,etc...

+1.

In addition to what DecapitatingJim posted above, just add a gadget (widget) for a clock to your Windows desktop, I think this is standard with all Win 7 versions. Just set it to DE's timezone and you're good to go, and adjust the options like opacity and "always on top" to your tastes.

It's way more convenient than constantly checking timezone websites.

In addition to what DecapitatingJim posted above, just add a gadget (widget) for a clock to your Windows desktop, I think this is standard with all Win 7 versions. Just set it to DE's timezone and you're good to go, and adjust the options like opacity and "always on top" to your tastes.

Finally, Earthworm Jim & Squidframe are right, it's an easier solution. Thanks!

i know what you meant and i know the difference.

But a countdown timer requires less server bandwidth than a clock, since it only has to be active 24 hours (or something like that) before a stream, while a clock has to stay there 24/7. So if it is already uncertain that a countdown is possible, it will be even harder to add a clock.But ofcourse i am in favour of the idea. So confusing all these time zones.....

Ahh i see what you mean now. 

What was DE's timezone again?