Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth Camping

D-Warlord

Recently i spectated how a "Pro" is playing Loki prime in void survival and saw that the real method is to renew stealth and just kill the bugged mobs. Now i dont mind the mobs being completely ignorant to his presence but the mobs are just standing in place and watching the spot from wich he attacks. This isnt just a bug report i really want to see your opnion on this style of gameplay. I personally think its cheap and almost bug-abusing.

The devs really need to give the enemies some awareness, they'll see their companions getting shot 1 by 1 and just keep patroling like theres nothing going on

Maybe loki (and ash too, maybe) could retain their stealth skills (same usage, duration, etc) but during an attack (firing a gun or melee an enemy) they would be visible for half a second, giving the other enemies around that sense of awareness, if they are looking at u when you kill someone, they'll know you are around...

Ok thanks for replies i just needed to know im not the only crazy person in this game who can see the issue with this invisibilty skill. I can see that developers are aware of the problem too. A dark future for lokimasterrace is ahead

The devs really need to give the enemies some awareness, they'll see their companions getting shot 1 by 1 and just keep patroling like theres nothing going on

Maybe loki (and ash too, maybe) could retain their stealth skills (same usage, duration, etc) but during an attack (firing a gun or melee an enemy) they would be visible for half a second, giving the other enemies around that sense of awareness, if they are looking at u when you kill someone, they'll know you are around...

I like this one.

I like this one.

They don't need to become visible. Currently the AI reaction to invisible attacks or bumps is to turn or move toward the spot. If you aren't careful or can't kill fast enough this will result in you getting psychically boxed in by bodies. That is the only real danger currently.

What the AI currently doesn't do is react with shooting or wild melees. A human player when confronted with an invisible Loki will try to spot the distortion (if Loki isn't play pure Black) and proceed to spray and pray for some lucky hits. The trick with AI is giving it just the right level of "panicked wild shooting", which is hard with current AI's hyper aware AimBot. Its either all the way aware of the player position or its not aware at all. It can't "guess" and "random" walk fire to where it "thinks" a player could have gone. Keep in mind that humans are actually rather lousy at randomization.

Edited by Brasten

Strapping on a fleeting expertise at 40 percent will decrease unranked invisibility duration to 3 seconds. Meanwhile, getting power orbs shouldn't be an issue. I'm experimenting with short duration, spammable invisibility builds that'll force me to actually do some sneaking around. Unfortunately, this'll only go so far. Either way, until DE gets real stealth in, this is what I'll be working with.

*INVISIBILITY already received several major nerfs recently. 

To begin with, enemies now have hit detection, which turns off your multiplier if you touch the enemy before doing damage, and causes them to immediately open fire on you. Enemies do not take 'unaware' damage beyond the first melee attack. Enemies track gunfire noise now, and will fire upon your last location if you are using a noisy gun. This means that you need to constantly move while in stealth, and makes rapid fire weapons like the Soma significantly less useful from stealth. 

Finally, you are comparing what is likely a highly optimized build to whatever it is you have. Compare it to other highly optimized builds and you'll realize that it is not as powerful as you are making it out to be. Or it is at least as overpowered as the next overpowered thing. 

Edited by Acos

OP you have been here all of 2 minutes so let me break it down for you.

Invisibility does not make you invincible. Enemies can still hear you and feel you as of a few updates ago.

Among Loki players Pro players spec for disarm not invisibility. Learn the builds. Play the classes. You won't know pro til you are it yourself.

Most players who go into T4 are more likely to bring something beside a stealth frame. Even among stealth frames stealth is generally the most selfish way to play and isn't as useful over CC as content gets harder.

Last but not least stop sh!tting on how other people play. We can spot the crappy players a mile away due to the fact that they are more worried about how strong the other guy is vs how much of the load they are carrying themselves.

Stealth will keep you alive in some cases but truth is frames that can do massive cc, have invul phases, and are generally hardy are just more useful in void. Loki stealth might be a defining feature but it is not what makes Loki good.

You might be new but the frame in your sig can do a hell of a lot more in terms of stealth.

Edited by TheGuy08