Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Mission Host Trolling...

(PSN)Zombieslayer240

This is one of the most frustrating things in the game. Not sure how it works on the PC, but in defense missions when the host "ninja leaves" during the round reward screen (ie, swaps from continuing to leaving in the last second) it fails everyone else without the opportunity to leave as well. I understand that it's the host's key, but my god the host is able to give a big fat middle finger to the other 3 people. There's literally nothing you can do except look back on the time you just wasted :/ 1 extra second to give non-host players the ability to choose to leave too would be nice.

i am just gonna add my video so that if any DE member sees this they will know what we are talking about. Please watch the last minute  (from 4.00) of the video.

Well, if he was the host that's understandable as per how the key system works (it's lame imo).

I'm specifically referring to hosts that decide to leave at the last second, and with the inherent PS4 lag on that screen it's impossible to swap to Leave before the time runs out.

You can argue that the host decided he actually wanted the item reward, but that's why there's 15 seconds to decide :/

Edited by (PS4)Zombieslayer240

I'll use my most recent (foul) experience as an example:

Got to wave 20 in t3 defense, everything was going smooth. All 4 of us immediately chose to continue, and 14 seconds later the host ninja-swapped to leave mission for a Forma Blueprint he had to have. The other 3 of us failed the mission and got nothing.

Simply adding like a 2-second "buffer" of sorts from a host decision in the Void would have allowed the other 3 of us to exit as well.

Edited by (PS4)Zombieslayer240

• 2 weeks later...

I said something along the lines of this in another post. But the issue I think comes from a fix they added in, I copied over from pc so know why they did.

Apparently people where exploiting the fail or leave a void key and you get your key back to get unlimited keys. The host would use their key, leave before doing anything and get their key back, people in the match still would invite them back in. They fixed this by I don't know what but it caused what you are having happen. They did end up fixing that again by making it so once you use a key it is gone. Just that update or fix has not hit ps4 yet, though once update 14 lands it should be right. Only real way to stop it is to leave when host does, making it better to do keys with friends rather then randoms.

I know it probably does not help much, but that is pretty much why the issue happens, and it will stop once ps4 gets more updates or fixes. The updates take longer because of extra testing and sony having to verify them

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I've learned the hard way not to depend on randoms. Others  seem to make the same conclusion and therefore, sadly, hardly ever see the defense mission past 5th, 10th or God forbid 15th wave.

Even more - this "host leaves/mission failed" issue is plaguing even clan matches. You see, when you accidentally wiggle the left analog joystick left, you will change your vote and I've personally seen a couple of occasions when host changes the vote by a mishap (I did it too once - sorry :( ).

Now we have other problem - current U14 state is extremely unstable, people disconnect randomly. We had a clan ODD yesterday, everything was going fine until one beautiful moment when mission failed for everyone. Host failed because he disconnected and everyone else, because "mission failed"...

This is frustrating, just consume the damn key right from the start and allow us do whatever we like with our mission.