Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Please Fix Thunderbolt?

Guest Tehnoobshow

Guest Tehnoobshow

Right now this mod is completely useless in high-level missions because the damage doesn't scale. Making the explosion deal a percentage of the arrow's damage is all it needs to be viable in later levels (about 70% should be enough, considering that the explosion isn't guaranteed). It would also be nice if the mod could work on sniper rifles and the miter, so that they have some crowd control ability as well.

Feel free to say why Thunderbolt doesn't need to be buffed below.

Additional damage won't do much no matter how much you buff it. I feel we should go the utility route (similarly with with many Warframe's Damage Abilities). Maybe buff it a little, but overall I think it should give additional chance to proc status effects or cause knockdown/stagger for CC.

Guest Tehnoobshow

Additional damage won't do much no matter how much you buff it. I feel we should go the utility route (similarly with with many Warframe's Damage Abilities). Maybe buff it a little, but overall I think it should give additional chance to proc status effects or cause knockdown/stagger for CC.

What about making the explosion do 100% of the arrow's damage. Then all bows will be Ogris' 30% of the time.

I dont use this mod a lot on bows since it uses space that other mods would make better use of. Anyways this looks like a good idea for making it viable against higher lvl enemies.

PS: +1 to the status chance/stagger idea

Edited by KillMePlis

From my understanding, when T-bolt activates it completely replaces the projectile. Instead, why not have it be an addition to the projectile? This way, it can deal full damage to the single target, while occasionally having a blast CC effect.

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII

i found this mod after a long long long time, upgraded it to the max then read it was useless and never ever used it although Paris prime is my most used weapon.

so I don't know how, but I'm definitely in favor of buffing this mod

I'd say something like:

100% proc chance, 30% of arrows damage.

This means it's consistent - Allowing it to reliably be used to add utility to your weapon (Since it's actually a lot better to just mod for Gas/Electric with some status, as that provides a higher proc chance and the AoE damage scales)

It also means that while it does some nice damage, it won't be a substitute for other damage mods or the Ogris.

30% of the damage dealt by the Bow would end up being about 3k for Bodyshots and about 12k for headshots.

This isn't a ogris or miter mod this is a bow mod. I guess I wouldnt mind it being useable on the miter because in essense its a Sharp projectile launching thing just like bows but it would be stupid if used with rockets just because they are going to use that ammo type. All the alternatives that people have suggested are about the same or just worse than the OP's. 66% of damage with a very slight buff to chance is my vote I guess.

Edit: ignore my ogris comment. Misread anothers post

Edited by quietcanary

What about making the explosion do 100% of the arrow's damage. Then all bows will be Ogris' 30% of the time.

Crit builds are too powerful and mod heavy for it not to be a waste of a mod slot even if it was changed to that.  It would need a pretty drastc buff to actually be worth using and then people would prbably complain about OPness.

Imo this is the kind of functionality that primaries should have a slot like stance mods have.

Edited by Aggh

Thunderbolt`s Proc counts as Explosion so it knocks down all enemies caught by it. What i would like would be for other status effects on the weapon to also proc with the explosion, so you would have a chance for example to proc Gas along with the regular explosion and deal extra DoT to all enemies in that area or proc Corrosive and reduce all the targets armor.

No.No it needs to be buffed.

I'd like moar michael bay arrows pls.

While we at it element's could use more effects on hitting the target's, blast damage should actually show a blast impact on hitting the target, Toxic should  show toxic waste on the target dripping off them, etc.

its current mechanics are intended so technically its not broken and needing a fix, DE have stated a few times they dont cater/balance around "high/mad scaled levels" they cater to what the solar map offers and thunderbolt works fine where its intended.

its current mechanics are intended so technically its not broken and needing a fix, DE have stated a few times they dont cater/balance around "high/mad scaled levels" they cater to what the solar map offers and thunderbolt works fine where its intended.

This guy gets it.

Requests of "my favorite weapon wont scale to level 100 enemies" are rather pointless.

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Braton/t_30_22223030_131-7-5-132-2-5-133-5-5-137-0-10-138-6-5-141-4-5-149-3-5-150-1-10_137-7-150-8-132-8-149-5-141-6-133-11-138-6-131-9/en/2-0-2/13456/0

That will play all the content up to and including using it to farm Defense and Survival for 15 minutes/Rotation C which is the highest level drops in game, and Forma is just free from Alerts and many low level mission keys.

Now, if DE goes "Dungeon Defenders" and adds Rotations D to Z, then we are all doomed.

EDIT: If DE does a decent job with weapons that "keep collecting more and more Affinity" then technically, someone with a Braton that has 100 million Affinity in kills with it, might have a far more boosted gun then normal, hence he would keep using it, with it getting better and better just for playing, and ALL weapons would become "Auto Buffing" over time.

I'm calling it.

Edited by DSpite

I say if you are using Thunderbolt, you are doing it wrong. Use the penta or an actual launcher if you want splash dmg.

Split chamber and a well lined up shot is all the AoE I need. I won't waste a slot on this trash mod anyday.

I honestly think this mod should be removed entirely. I'm sure people were asking for a version of this mod for every weapon....

Imo, Thunderbolt Damage should be benefiting from the same things that the arrow damage is, namely Serration, Split Chamber, Elemental Damage Increases, Critical Hit, Critical Damage. That way its chance for 300 base explosion damage is never wasted and the damage increases based on the accompanying mods. This approach would allow Thunderbolt to not be considered a "Trash Mod" since it would be giving us more damage than the fully charged base damage while still benefiting us by spreading out all of the bonus damage our other mods are giving us.

Guest Tehnoobshow

This guy gets it.

Requests of "my favorite weapon wont scale to level 100 enemies" are rather pointless.

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Braton/t_30_22223030_131-7-5-132-2-5-133-5-5-137-0-10-138-6-5-141-4-5-149-3-5-150-1-10_137-7-150-8-132-8-149-5-141-6-133-11-138-6-131-9/en/2-0-2/13456/0

That will play all the content up to and including using it to farm Defense and Survival for 15 minutes/Rotation C which is the highest level drops in game, and Forma is just free from Alerts and many low level mission keys.

Now, if DE goes "Dungeon Defenders" and adds Rotations D to Z, then we are all doomed.

EDIT: If DE does a decent job with weapons that "keep collecting more and more Affinity" then technically, someone with a Braton that has 100 million Affinity in kills with it, might have a far more boosted gun then normal, hence he would keep using it, with it getting better and better just for playing, and ALL weapons would become "Auto Buffing" over time.

I'm calling it.

Thunderbolt stops being useful on Uranus. It can't even finish the Solar System.