Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will There Be Somesort Of Banned Weapon List On The Up Coming Solar Rail Pvp?

Tar_Spit_Fire

Will it?

Recently i watched the Devstream 29 recap and i saw the sample clip of the solar rail pvp and my first thought of it is: " IT IS SO COOL AND IT LOOKS FUN!!!", and i like how they are fighting each other using the normal weapon like karak and braton only, without using any OP weapon.

so will it happens? make it become a pole for all the player in the forum to decide what to be banned. because i wouldn't like it when the game is full of people using soma, boltor prime, penta, ogris,brakk,detron etc etc...

or at least make a separated damage system what differs between pvp and pve.. * because i wouldn't want my beloved gun nerfed just for the sake of pvp balance...

thoughts? guys?

*ADD ON: and oh yea DE, ever think about adding a AI into loki's decoy to make it actually moves around luring other player? because the current one is too obvious and its too easy to be killed by enemy when standing still.

Edited by Tar_Spit_Fire

Not a weapon, but the black energy needs to be removed from the pvp sessions. When loki and ash roll in with black energy and go invis…it's doomsday for all.

... To be fair, doesn't being visible after casting Invisibility completely defeat the point of casting Invisibility? They should vanish completely regardless of their energy color.

Taking damage and making effects with weapons should give away their positions.

I only hope that they don't make the mistake of fiddling with re-balancing weapons for PVE when PVP people inevitably complain.  I have seen too many nice PVE games destroyed or restrained from ever being properly developed by their minority-but-exceedingy-vocal PVP audience.

You can have any weapon just all the mods will be removed at the start and to get any sort of power/mod you have to kill lots of people. Then decide which mod power you want and place a "point" on that mod, gain more points to rank the mod.

didnt they say that all mods get removed on start and you need to recover it?

ninja'd

Edited by Postal_pat

didnt they say that all mods get removed on start and you need to recover it?

yea ogris and penta will still one shot you from the beginning... i mean like you have 100 shield and health and the weapon damage they have is like 350*penta* or 650*ogris*...

Edited by Tar_Spit_Fire

I only hope that they don't make the mistake of fiddling with re-balancing weapons for PVE when PVP people inevitably complain.  I have seen too many nice PVE games destroyed or restrained from ever being properly developed by their minority-but-exceedingy-vocal PVP audience.

I agree, there should be separate damage systems with pve and pvp, if they aren't doing that already

This. Balancing weapons based on how they perform in a PVP environment in a PVE game always ruins it for me. The same S#&$ happened in Firefall if I recall correctly. I really hope they're exclusive nerfs to one another (although tbh I hope weapons like the soma and boltor Prime get a wee nerf in PVE as well)

yea and orgris and penta will still one shot you from the beginning... i mean like you have 100 shield and health and the weapon damage they have is like 350*penta* or 650*ogris*...

e2aa681ade08df385e4b813cb2e906c4.jpg

yea dodging is fun until someone or all the player is using firestorm on their explosive weapon...

This is why we will be having a PvP feedback section on the forums. We should just wait until the update hits and then post our observations through trials. This would have a much greater impact than talking about it here and now.

I have worries of how unbalanced it'll be, like all of you, but I'd rather not jump to conclusions before we see the full mode.

yea dodging is fun until someone or all the player is using firestorm on their explosive weapon...

They will not have firestorm yet. If you have dodged and they have firestorm you're mostly likely only to get the end blast meaning only your shields will take a hit. Then since they have to wait to fire another missle, you can unload a magazine straight at them.

In the event that they do have firestorm then you should also have some mods ranked that you can use against them.