Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Mythbuster) Experience Regarding Unequipping Weapons - Sentinels

Nutreon

Question

Hello there!

I have some questions regarding XP share along weapons.

Does lvl 30 (maxed) weapons ''steal'' XP from other weapons that need to be lvled up?

Example 1

I get 100XP from a corpus (or 100%)

I have a frame, primary, secondary and a melee weapon (4 stuff in total) - and I get 25XP to each (or 25% to each)

Example 2

Now I remove my SECONDARY and Melee, because they are lvl 30 and I dont want to use them.....

They are ''stealing XP''.

I have a frame and a primary now (2 stuff in total) 

Here comes the question...

Will the 100% of the experience gained be divided to the frame and primary? 

With other words, 50% to the frame, and 50% to the primary.

Or will they still get the original 25%? As if i was wearing 4 stuff anyway...

Also... Does the Sentinel also steal XP?

understandable if it kills with its gun, but lets say i remove the sentinel.

Will I get even more XP?

Edit:

With other words, does the sentinel become ''the 5th'' thing equiped steals XP)

Frame, primary, secondary, melee, sentinel (5 Stuff)

Im sorry if this have been brought up before.

Please tell me what you have experienced about this topic.

Edited by Nutreon

15 answers to this question

Will the 100% of the experience gained be divided to the frame and primary? 

With other words, 50% to the frame, and 50% to the primary.

Yes

Also... Does the Sentinel also steal XP?

understandable if it kills with its gun, but lets say i remove the sentinel.

Will I get even more XP?

i would also like to know this

I can't say off hand without checking the wiki about exactly how it is divided up between weapons/frames/sentinel.

BUT I can say with certainty, yes R30 gear "steals" its share of experience.  The rank of your gear does not effect the division of the affinity.

Being able to remove a weapon completely from a slot has helped with this to 'concentrate' the XP to the weapon you choose, but in the near-ish future the focus system will help as well giving us benefit to XP gained past R30.

Your frame always gets 25% of the xp from a teammate kill; the other 75% is divided evenly among equipped weapons.

Your frame always gets 50% of the xp from a weapon kill; the other 50% goes to the weapon that made that kill.

Your frame always gets 100% of the xp from an ability kill.

So in the first case, you can get up to 75% of the xp from a teammate kill going to a single weapon if you don't equip any others. Thats 3x more than if you brought all three weapons.

Thx for all the reply guys!

Ok this is good news:)

But the Sentinel question seems to be still unknown.

Cant a DE jump in and answer this question?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/146580-update-1130/

◾Sentinel weapon kills divide experience evenly between your Sentinel and its weapon (50% each).

◾Kills using a precept give all the experience to your Sentinel (as before).

◾Experience from other players (shared experience) is split evenly amongst your gear as follows: a quarter goes to your Warframe and a quarter goes to each of your weapons (25% each). If you have a sentinel equipped, a 100% bonus chunk of experience is split evenly between your Sentinel and its weapon (50% each).

So to me it sounds like Sents don't steal XP, unless they kill. Just equipping and having them use precepts (that aren't attacks) won't impact your xp.

Edited by Shion963

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/146580-update-1130/

◾Sentinel weapon kills divide experience evenly between your Sentinel and its weapon (50% each).

◾Kills using a precept give all the experience to your Sentinel (as before).

◾Experience from other players (shared experience) is split evenly amongst your gear as follows: a quarter goes to your Warframe and a quarter goes to each of your weapons (25% each). If you have a sentinel equipped, a 100% bonus chunk of experience is split evenly between your Sentinel and its weapon (50% each).

So to me it sounds like Sents don't steal XP, unless they kill. Just equipping and having them use precepts (that aren't attacks) won't impact your xp.

So it doesnt steal like it is a 5th ''weapon'' ? Only when it does the kill itself it will get XP, but not more than that?

For example, when you win a game, you get the bonus XP right.

The sentinel doesnt ''steal'' anything from that?

Have I understood it correctly?

Guest Tehnoobshow

So it doesnt steal like it is a 5th ''weapon'' ? Only when it does the kill itself it will get XP, but not more than that?

For example, when you win a game, you get the bonus XP right.

The sentinel doesnt ''steal'' anything from that?

Have I understood it correctly?

Your Sentinel gets the same amount of exp you get from teammates, split between itself and the weapon.

For example you get 10000 shared exp among your frame and weapons. Your sentinel will also get 10000 exp with 5000 going to the sentinel and 5000 going to the weapon. In other words, it's like your sentinel is another player not a weapon.

Edited by Tehnoobshow

Guest Tehnoobshow

So in the first case, you can get up to 75% of the xp from a teammate kill going to a single weapon if you don't equip any others. Thats 3x more than if you brought all three weapons.

Actually, the shared exp is divided evenly among your equipped items (except sentinels). So, your frame would actually get 50% and your weapon would get 50%.

Edited by Tehnoobshow

Your Sentinel gets the same amount of exp you get from teammates, split between itself and the weapon.

For example you get 10000 shared exp among your frame and weapons. Your sentinel will also get 10000 exp with 5000 going to the sentinel and 5000 going to the weapon. In other words, it's like your sentinel is another player not a weapon

Ok, in that case the sentinel does NOT steal XP from you, since it acts like another player like you mentioned.

Yes

i would also like to know this

Nope, Sentinels will not affect the 50/50 share if only taking frame and weapon. It's been known for a while that  Sentinels receive a 100% Extra XP which is then 50/50 Share (incase you haven't noticed they level quicker) 

So, if you kill something for 100XP

Frame & Primary will receive 50XP each Whilst Sentinel/Weapon wil lreceive a further 50XP each 

Nope, Sentinels will not affect the 50/50 share if only taking frame and weapon. It's been known for a while that  Sentinels receive a 100% Extra XP which is then 50/50 Share (incase you haven't noticed they level quicker) 

So, if you kill something for 100XP

Frame & Primary will receive 50XP each Whilst Sentinel/Weapon wil lreceive a further 50XP each 

So the sentinel doesnt affect at all pretty much. That is good news.

Actually, the shared exp is divided evenly among your equipped items (except sentinels). So, your frame would actually get 50% and your weapon would get 50%.

Nope, go ahead and test it out - with a single weapon equipped that weapon will gain a LOT more xp than the frame. (numerically, not just in terms of levels). It's an important distinction because the number of weapons equipped won't affect frame xp - meaning when leveling a frame you can bring as many as you want.

A sentinel wont steal XP from kills you or teammates make, but you will get less XP from kills the sentinel makes as opposed to a kill made by yourself or a teammate. I'm not sure on the numbers.

From experience I would say that sentinels do steal XP, if they fire at a mob its tagged as theirs and they get the xp.  Easy enough to see it in action buy 2 Bratons and do Mercury/Terminus with and without your sentinel having an attack enabled.  That mission as you have an exact number of Grineer to kill quickly for a rank 0 unmodded weapon