Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Thinks The Stat Helmets Should Come Back

(PSN)ArjunHarikumar

really does make a difference a make rhino p almost as fast as loki who is the fastest frame while rhino is one of the slowest so i think  a slighty better stat boost is still better thn nothing

When everyone can reach breakneck flying speeds by just coptering, no, it really doesn't. 

really does make a difference a make rhino p almost as fast as loki who is the fastest frame while rhino is one of the slowest so i think  a slighty better stat boost is still better thn nothing

lazy gear dependency versus skill... MANY Thrak rhinos can beat Vanguard Rhinos to extract in a footrace. Or any other Frame. and not by like half a second either. Considerable lead.

The way I see it, stats on cosmetics is OK so long as they are able to be obtained by everyone. Then there can also be the cosmetics that do not have stats, but those are only for plat and for the sake of extra bling but nothing else.

Take those armor pieces as an example. They are ARMOR. But do they do anything? No.

I think it would be good if there was a way to get the armor pieces either through alerts or specific missions, even if it was just the blueprint. 

They also should have minor, and i mean MINOR stat changes, both positive and negative.  I highlight the word Minor because the armor can be equipped by all frames, so they cant have anything spectacular on them. That, and there are 5 pieces of armor for each set (and 6 for Iliac if you count in the syndana) 

Then there's the weapon skins. As far as I know, they still have stats aside from the Dagger Axe skins. And by 'skin' I mean a model replacement skin and not just a camo over the original. So, unless they choose to take the stats away from these as well, what gives?

• Sell cosmetic items for plat that have the option to pick the stat boosts that you want. 

• Offer the cosmetic items in alerts with a random pick from the available options.

• Sell items for credits that allow you to remove stats completely if you want to do so.

It's win-win-win.

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

You can have more of an effect by putting a mod on without losing power strength.

When everyone can reach breakneck flying speeds by just coptering, no, it really doesn't. 

still very useful it opens up a mod slot so u are not so forced to use a speed mod and also not all weps are good for coptering

Sell cosmetic items for plat that have the option to pick the stat boosts that you want. 

Offer the cosmetic items in alerts with a random pick from the available options.

Sell items for credits that allow you to remove stats completely if you want to do so.

It's win-win-win.

What about just separating stats from all cosmetics, retcon them as alternate Warframe systems (i.e. not tied to any cosmetics whatsoever), then allow it to be used on any Warframe (with blueprints and can be rewarded in Alert missions). 

still very useful it opens up a mod slot so u are not so forced to use a speed mod and also not all weps are good for coptering

You're just bringing out every excuse now.

Not all weps are good for coptering, so you use a weapon that is.

Not all helmets give speed, so you use the one that does.

What about just separating stats from all cosmetics, retcon them as alternate Warframe systems (i.e. not tied to any cosmetics whatsoever), then allow it to be used on any Warframe (with blueprints and can be rewarded in Alert missions). 

Selling stats alone is a no-no in the west.  Tying slight stat upgrades to cosmetics is the way to make dosh. That benefits DE.

I like cosmetic items, but I don't really see them being that big of a deal without a stat upgrade.  And technically speaking, this is what the Primes are. It also makes them another piece of gear that is worth having and farming, past just weapons and cores. That said, I don't want to look the same as everyone else so there needs to be many more cosmetic items. They all need the ability to choose the stats you want on them (from a list) so that everyone doesn't just use the same pieces in an attempt to min-max.

They could also possibly have stat configuration blueprints drop in T4, so people could farm for the stats they wanted if they had one with stats they did not like. Stat boosted cosmetics, beyond just Primes, would open up a whole new element in Warframe.

Selling stats alone is a no-no in the west.  Tying slight stat upgrades to cosmetics is the way to make dosh. That benefits DE.

We do not sell stats. We just reward them at alerts. 

Besides, the best compromise will not incur equal benefits to every stakeholder.

You're just bringing out every excuse now.

Not all weps are good for coptering, so you use a weapon that is.

Not all helmets give speed, so you use the one that does.

and your just "beating around the bush" just saying the same thing that people have said  before and to a degree so have i but look at your comment "not all helmets give speed, so you use the one that does" well how can you do that if stat helms are being removed? there should be a way for people to be on a equal playing field 

p.s i have all the helms i need

Just trying to sell stats alone flops.  Selling cosmetic items with slight stat benefits sells well.  Just how it is.

And then some other players are going to say that this is some sort of pay-to-win scheme. 

What I am proposing is that we satisfy the players that like minor stat alterations, the players that do not like minor stat alterations in cosmetics and DE(L) in general by making alternate systems. In fact, I will just quote myself here: 

And then some other players are going to say that this is some sort of pay-to-win scheme.

It is no more pay to win than what we have now.  If the current game is P2W in your eyes then stat helmets would be too.  If it is not currently P2W in your eyes then it would not be with stat helmets either, espcially if they have drops that allow you to switch your stats to the loadout in the blueprint.

I'd still like to see them make an optional comeback. I've been saying for months that stats should be removable modules (with the same benefits and detriments). You can have stat and statless helms.

It doesn't negate any mod usage and for some of us having that extra little bit squeezed out is great.

Edited by wtrmlnjuc