Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Thinks The Stat Helmets Should Come Back

(PSN)ArjunHarikumar

It is not so much as a surrender, but rather trying not to get this blowing out of proportion. 

I know that you know you lost the argument and are looking for a graceful way to back out of the argument, and I accept that.

Besides, there is a reason the phrase "cosmetic only" exists.  If "cosmetic" only ever meant "looks only" then there would be no need for the phrase "cosmetic only" to exist. I even quoted you the definitions from your own prefered dictionary.

I know that you know you lost the argument and are looking for a graceful way to back out of the argument, and I accept that.

Besides, there is a reason the phrase "cosmetic only" exists.  If "cosmetic" only ever meant "looks only" then there would be no need for the phrase "cosmetic only" to exist. I even quoted you the definitions from your own prefered dictionary.

No, I can still support mine with other definitions, but I chose to back out before we start to get heated and derail the thread (which I already felt). 

And for the record, the word 'only' in 'cosmetic only items' is slightly redundant. 

Vanguard plus rush plus shield flux. It's a whole different game. Mobile defense never been so mobile. And yes, I mean a party of such rhinos. I am now constantly frustrated with Loki Prime because bastard is so slow and sluggish. Even with Essence helmet freeing a mod slot there is absolutely no space for those speed mods on either RD focused or invisibility focused Loki. And shield flux without iron skin is kinda meh. And Loki is still slower that that proper rhino.

• 1 month later...

In this game cosmetics should never be dictated by gameplay concerns. I use the helmets I like, not the ones with the best stats. But having stats on the helmets I do like is a nice perk. Maybe if each frame had the same stats on all its helmets/skins?

Exclusive content should be cosmetic only. New players shouldn't ever be penalized by being unable to acquire massive stat advantages (like many arcane helmets) or better weapon versions.

This is coming from someone with all the Arcane helmets and almost all the limited-time weapons, so I'm not whinging.

I'd much rather just have unique skins, and all stat-bonus effects/improvements be acquirable to new players (even if it's more difficult for new players, like the Cicero mods) 

I posted some simple solutions to the Arcane Helmet issue Here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/305355-change-arcane-helmets-to-separate-non-cosmetic-upgrade-items/

Exclusive content should be cosmetic only. New players shouldn't ever be penalized by being unable to acquire massive stat advantages (like many arcane helmets) or better weapon versions.

This is coming from someone with all the Arcane helmets and almost all the limited-time weapons, so I'm not whinging.

I'd much rather just have unique skins, and all stat-bonus effects/improvements be acquirable to new players (even if it's more difficult for new players, like the Cicero mods) 

I posted some simple solutions to the Arcane Helmet issue Here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/305355-change-arcane-helmets-to-separate-non-cosmetic-upgrade-items/

Massive is not quite accurate. There are maybe 4-5 helmets that make enough of a difference to take the place of a mod card.