Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is Everyone So Negative About The Update Coming?

Alys_Awooooo

People who complain about "the grindwall" dont get that that's the core mechanic of the game.

Tenno ships rock.

Kubrow WONT replace sentinals outright.

People have been begging for genuine content for AGES, and here it is, and yet they still complain. It's just the userbase. Whiny punks.

Mr Psuedonam. and OP

The grindwall complaints, are about rng on top of rng, it gets a little old after a couple of times, 

I fully understand why they make it that way,

so as to prolong the experience of getting new stuff in this game. but  theres other/better ways to achieve that..

The Tenno ships sure looks nice, but im a little uncertain as to how exatly they will make the game better,

if it now takes me twice the time to navigate around the menues and start a mission?

But we will see about that later today.

Kubrows dosent seem to fit with the Space-age/Sci fi, nano enhanced Ninjas, theme of the game, (atleast to me)

Zanuka does however...

And the whole concept of playing MyLittleKubrow dosent appeal to me.. (gettin too old for that kind of gameplay)

This is only my personal view, but i guess others feel the same way.

This dosent mean, that i dont love this game to pieces, i wouldent have logged all those Hrs, if i dident love playing it.

Just because DE have done so much right with this game, dosent mean that they dont make bad deciesions once in a while.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/star-trek-the-video-game

Edited by D3ST

Shut up! Stop complaining. No I mean whining. No I mean both! Yes they're both negative. And you're being negative.

There is nothing wrong with this game. There is nothing wrong with this game. There is nothing wrong with this game. There is nothing wrong with this game. There is nothing wrong with this game. There is nothing wrong with this game. There is nothing wrong with this game. There is nothing wrong with this game.

lmao

but on topic:

After seeing De rush out U10 just to try and compete with GTA 5, only to give us more grind and the first boss (Lephantis/nekros) behind a grindwall (Which led to vay hek/Hydroid), Its natural for some of us to be skeptical of the quality of this update.

Edited by theclinton

Because people feel like history repeats itself and you can't teach a old dog new tricks.  That and section of the community feel like their opinions are being thrown away and/or watered down for whatever reason.   It's really hard to seperate what's right and wrong here majority of the time.   The entitlement here reaches all new levels that I've never seen in real life honestly.   Either way, the sheep will complain with their eyes shut.  And at the same time keep their ears open everytime DE makes a decision. 

I just don't understand if you hate the game, why are you still here?  Why are people treating this game like a scorned ex-girlfriend?     I could keep going but I honestly don't really care anymore about people's opinions in regards to what DE should be doing.  I'll keep giving my personal opinion and whatever happens, happens.  That might sound like self-entitlement, but at least I know how to read my own mind and figure out what makes sense to everyone and not just a personal gripe.  As far as trying to figure out other people's stream of thought, I'll save that for the birds.

P.S.  Prediction:  The more people who act out of context in regards to how the majority view the game, the more stuff will get swept under the table.   White Knights are winning at an alarming rate.

Shoutouts to Steve for standing by his word and his idea.  Referring to the live stream where he put that one guy (and his long topic) in it's place.   If people are going to that in DEPTH, you mines well create your own game.   That's how you knock off the next man...but that's another topic gamers really know nothing about.

Edited by Ishki88

I'm surprised that nobody has said this in answer to the OPs question but...

As Abe put it "You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time or some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time."

Some people don't want PvP in the game.

Some people don't want kubrows in the game.

Some people aren't interested in spaceships.

Some people don't want to wait.

Very few people don't want any of these - most people have 0-1 gripes, and of those only a fraction complain - but on one message board that makes for a lot of complaints.

Then, as we found out, when you get something that really upsets the community you get six and half thousand odd complaints in 22 hours. And we still don't know if it made one scrap of difference.

Edited by Uzrael

I wouldn't care about players who don't like this update if I were you. If they don't like it it's their problem. There are many other F2P games out there they can play.

I personally think this update is absolutely amazing and if I'm not mistaken it's the biggest update they ever made!

They fear mistakes and suggested changes don't make it in the next update.  They fear whatever change they suggest get's chewed up and changed for the worse.  People do not actually fear the actual updates, they fear what they believed in not making the update or being completely misunderstood.

Criticism is criticism, if someone feels something isn't being looked at, no matter how they say it, it should be said.  But you know how that goes, get a slap on the wrist, thread locked/change OP changes his idea.   People put on a thick-skin front, and that front is like armor.  It has it's kinks and it will eventually wear out.  As soon as that happens....you'll see :) 

To make this all simple.  You ask your Grandma-ma every holiday for a hot-wheel, what does she give you?  A matchbox.   One year she gets you a hot-wheel, but it's not the hot-wheel you wanted.   You can say well I should appreciate the thought of it and play with it regardless.  But the wheels are really bad and hard to play with.....continue on with this analogy if you want 

The complaint that bothers me most is "Why is DE wasting their time on stupid dogs instead of fixing the current game?"

I'm still waiting for an honest answer to that question.

Kubrow are going to be locked behind a plat wall anyway. Day One for Perfect World: Kubrow Breeding! There will probably be seven different ways to spend platinum on the ugly things.

Edited by JohnProdman

Comon we're ninjas!  They kill stuff everyday!

OK, seriously, the grind in this game is "fun", I really don't mind grinding at all.  Some of you know why it's "fun" instead of fun that I wrote, if you know you play this other game that I play too.  They don't allow "fun" in that game.  DE is already doing a very good job at the gameplay.  I don't mind grinding in Warframe at all.

Mostly the reason people hate is due to past bad experiences. After the Hydroid debacle where it's grind on top of grind. People had thought DE would fix grind but not now so they got their hopes crushed(including T4 drops).

This. The grind keeps getting worse and worse. Every time there's an opportunity to fix the grind, it's either not taken or made worse (see: void drop table rearrangement). I don't see any evidence that we're going to get less grind this time around.

The last time we had a major UI change (the in-game HUD), what we got was horrible compared to what we had before. The change before that (menu HUD) wasnt quite so bad, but made things harder to find. So I'm not holding out any hope for this next UI change.

Kubrows seem useless to me. I have no interest in a dethcube which requires more maintenance and has less firing range. So I'm just going to ignore them.

This is a PvE game. Polluting it with PvP is not a good idea. Especially so when that PvP is in the way (either directly, in the case of some stance mods or indirectly, in the case of stopping solar rails from being used) of actual gameplay.

So what's the evidence that things are actually going to get better this time around? Why should I be positive about this update?

-snip-

i dont think you saw my link. so i'll post it again.

http://loopthetube.com#2OT9S9QLo7U&start=59.898&end=62.465

anyway, people fear the disappointment that U14 is over hyped to be. just like U13 when people got melee 2.0 and they feared that they would suck with it, so they complained about charging being gone, and that the one good thing about melee 2.0 was that you could un-equip melee weapons.

This. The grind keeps getting worse and worse. Every time there's an opportunity to fix the grind, it's either not taken or made worse (see: void drop table rearrangement). I don't see any evidence that we're going to get less grind this time around.

Okay well. Warframe's payment model is heavily based upon paying to remove the grind, which would be redundant if the grind didn't exist.

Digital Extremes is going to continue to add content that free players will have to grind heavily for because that's how the game supports itself. There's really not much more to it.

Summary: DE won't ever "fix the grind" because it's not broken to them. It's working as intended, and they will continue to add to it in ways that encourage users to purchase platinum packages.

Edited by JohnProdman

for me this update will give a bit more immersion, and that will make it more fun for me. so yeah i am set on a positive mind state towards U14. De has a tendency to deliver on updates, sure bugs are there and they get fixed eventually. But there was not a single update i was disappointed in so far.

cheers

Without reading this thread, or reading any others or even being entirely sure what this update is supposed to be.

I'd guess it's that DE hypes every single update like it is going to completely revolutionize the game, then it's released to a collective "meh". People are likely becoming jaded.

Edited by SanityRobot