Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GunBladeSlash

New Starter World

I get stuck in that tileset more often than a bug behind a pane of glass. Same goes for enemies.

hmm your PS4 update is showing it's age then.

Hmmm maybe that new snow tileset is the new one?

Wake up from cryo and enter into an icy world, I'd dig it.

As it is, Mercury is pretty drab... Why wouldn't they show off the best (new tileset) right away?

Hmmm maybe that new snow tileset is the new one?

Wake up from cryo and enter into an icy world, I'd dig it.

As it is, Mercury is pretty drab... Why wouldn't they show off the best (new tileset) right away?

I honestly don't know where the snow tileset can be besides Europa. Perhaps it's an extension?

New players will have access to four worlds when they start the game. Earth will be one of them.

The game should start on Mercury.  Mercury's mission chain introduces the players to multiple mission types without giving long missions or graphic intense areas(damn earth.  Really pretty, but my computer always starts heating up a lot while there).  Earth mission are usually very long with a variety of enemies that love to swarm you.  I imagine that its a place where plenty of new players get stuck and stop playing rather than a good starter zone

I've gotten the impression that we awaken on Earth; and make our escape before Vor can kill us. From there he gets transferred for his failure to kill us and we pursue him through a few planets for a mission or two before we ultimately corner him on Mercury.

from what i remember from a few dev streams ago, your character starts on earth when attacked by vor but after that 1 mission or cut-scene you end up at mercury (maybe rescued by Ordis (the ship)) and then you start working through mercury missions to get payback on Vor.

show me your reasons?

Go to Earth.

Use your eyes.

Also, new players will get destroyed by hellions, it's not a nice unit to be going up against immediately.

Go to Earth.

Use your eyes.

Also, new players will get destroyed by hellions, it's not a nice unit to be going up against immediately.

This assumes the opening tutorial missions are not themselves different spawn groups than the "normal" nodes for the planet. Just because it will use the tile set doesn't mean it has to use the enemy types. Good game Intros for games like Warframe give you a taste of core game elements while not beating you to death.

Last devstream confirmed that the starting place would be Pluto. It is where the Excalibur warframe can be found, plus after failing the Queen Sisters too many times, Vor got demoted from Admiral to Captain and got sent to Pluto to supervise the operations on the planet. Since Vor is so related to the Ship-driven quest it's highly likely that we will face him there to escape and cutting him in half in the act (Ergo Void Vor).

Since Pluto has high level enemies, the quest will probably be done on a separate instance, but i'm just assuming..

Perhaps a orokin facility like the one you were sleeping in? Could be in the same place as mercury.

This assumes the opening tutorial missions are not themselves different spawn groups than the "normal" nodes for the planet. Just because it will use the tile set doesn't mean it has to use the enemy types. Good game Intros for games like Warframe give you a taste of core game elements while not beating you to death.

What he said^

Only exception I can think of is Dark Souls, but that is a man's game.

Last devstream confirmed that the starting place would be Pluto. It is where the Excalibur warframe can be found, plus after failing the Queen Sisters too many times, Vor got demoted from Admiral to Captain and got sent to Pluto to supervise the operations on the planet. Since Vor is so related to the Ship-driven quest it's highly likely that we will face him there to escape and cutting him in half in the act (Ergo Void Vor).

Since Pluto has high level enemies, the quest will probably be done on a separate instance, but i'm just assuming..

Implying that Vor is unable to pull a Schrödinger on us and be in multiple places at once.