Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Mid-Boss Enemies.

FATEdPondera

So, I've gotten what I consider to be moderately good at warframe. Killed Corrupted Vor a few times, and I'm setting up a summer home in the void. However, there is one thought that keeps popping up in the back of my mind.

Not a single one of these enemies can hold a candle to me.

Now, let me elaborate. This game reminds me greatly over Mass Effect 3's multiplayer (and if those maps showed up in this game, I'd be overjoyed), and that remembrance serves to further my point.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/107/b/0/mass_effect_3_banshee_by_donhawk-d4whjxl.jpg

Anyone remember THESE things? They show up on the battlefield as part of a wave, and let out that god awful screech to let you know that your day has just been ruined. They appear, and it takes the firepower of the entire team, as well as a good portion of your ammunition, to bring them down. I remember many a game that was lost after killing a pack of them simply because we didn't have enough ammo to finish the job.

If there is a game that needs tougher, mid-boss style enemies, Warframe is it. Instead of arbirarily increasing the level, health, and damage of incoming enemies, send mid-bosses at us, something to put some pep in a wave. There are SO many possibilities. Imperfect clones of one of the Grustag three, robotic replicas of Sargus Ruk, that weird Zanuka thing, Jackals, one of the Hyena Pack, Infested amalgamations of biomass, the list goes on.

That being said, I'm still deeply enjoying the game, and slaughtering the infested by the millions is just not getting old anytime soon :)

I could certainly go for certain Eximi buffs(and rebalances, because everyone loves playing peekaboo with shocks), or more dedicated "mid-boss" type enemies varying per faction/tileset(mission type, even). Which, for some of the teased enemies, seems to be the case at least to some degree.

I could certainly go for certain Eximi buffs(and rebalances, because everyone loves playing peekaboo with shocks), or more dedicated "mid-boss" type enemies varying per faction/tileset(mission type, even). Which, for some of the teased enemies, seems to be the case at least to some degree.

I have such a solution for that. 

Link: 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/247791-enemy-eximus-overhaul-suggestions-sanguine-eximus-rework-at-a-later-date/

Heavy Units used to be that for me and my bro. "Heavy incoming", the Lotus says. We hunker down and wait for the lone deadly Bombard.

Nowadays, "Heavy unit approaching" means three bombards in the space of five seconds. I'd rather have less common supertanks as "heavy unit" compared to the now-common heavies.

I'm figuring that technically Stalker, Zanuka, and G3 qualify, but I guess maybe a beefed eximus or something that takes a crapton of bullets to kill could do rather well.

yeah, Stalker, Zanuka and G3 do qualify, but they don't show up often enough for what I've got in mind. The Banshee video hades9511 linked was a good example. Unlike ME3 multiplayer, the defense waves we fight are endless, so at a certain point, we could reach a level where the enemies are just impossible to defeat. I call it the developers "WHY ARE YOU ALL STILL *%!@ING HERE?!!" reaction.