Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee The Forgotten Warframe (Why No One Use Her?)

OrphanMaker

I own Banshee-She is fully built with a potato and everything! This is an unbiased observation from someone who plays with all the frames. I do not hate Banshee. I really like her but she is in dire need of attention.

I have been playing warframe for a while now and have noticed no one plays with Banshee, nor even talk about her. I have had all her parts for a long time, and because of aesthetic reasons, I have never built her. Compared to frames like Loki, Ember, Zephyr, Valkyr, and etc she is very lackluster. She really look like an old, forgotten, beta frame when compared to newer frames like Zephyr. I am surprised she even have textures.

Now aside from her looks her skills are terrible, boring, and lackluster and are easily out done, and done better by every warframe.

From what I have seen, Banshee needs a complete rework. I have seen in multiple post and topics that Oberon needs a rework, but the scary truth is Banshee is so terrible, and overlooked that players do not even play with her to ask for a rework, so here is my rework of her.

Silence

When I first used her, I was saddened with all of her abilities, but was over enjoyed by her ability silence. When i first used silence, the sight of seeing enemies stumbling in agony made me happy. This was until I learned the stumbling-effect only last for around 2-3 seconds. Then the enemies would carry on  like normal. And what really made me mad was the fact I could not re-stun the enemies with a second cast of silence. "Arghh, Volt can stunlock everything on the map, multiple times, while doing damage!"

Silence would be better if the stumbling effect last for the entire duration of silence, and the stumbling effect could be reused with new casts of silence. Also killing enemies in the stumbling effect should give a stealth melee bonus. " This would not be OP, because other frames like Vauban can levitate or stun enemies for extended periods of time. This would be fair.

Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom is terrible as well. The problem are: its slow, is does little to no damage, and it can not be used on enemies that are already knocked down.

Sonic Boom would be better if it was faster, had more damage, or was able to knock-back already downed foes (in this way the low damage would be justified). This would allow players to continuously knockback already downed enemies for crowd control.

Sonar

Sonar is okay... Sonar is an okay ability. The only problem it have is it tends to spawn the high damage spots on hard to hit places... Like an infested ankle. In the run and gun style of game-play players are accustom to, players will give little mind for this ability. Players will all shoot dead center mass because no one have time to miss and waste ammo on trying to shoot an infested in the ankle. Also by the time this ability is needed, most players will be ready to go because no one will have the time to shoot hard to hit targets on high level enemies (that can kill you with ease).

The only way to fix this ability is to make all the high damage targets spawn randomly in the center mass area ( no arm pits!)

Sound Quake

Sound Quake is problematic because while using it you can easily, and will easily, die.

Sound Quake can be fixed by given it damage reduction effect. This would work by, the sound quake extending up creating a shield of sound that reduces damage by 50%, 75%, or 90%.

All in all, I think Banshee is in desperate need of some love by the DE and player a like. Please Buff her DE.

Please post your opinions of her.

ps. With update 14 on the brink, stealth may become reworked and Banshee may become useful (the queen of stealth), but until then...

Edited by OrphanMaker

Sorry but as someone who mains Banshee, she is amazing as she is.

Sonar allows bosses to be killed incredibly fast for a low cost, and Sound Quake is one of the best abilities in game. 

Any time I run any OD mission or Dark Sector Mission I use banshee as a properly built one is definitely in the top 3 Warframes for fighting Infested (Shes my number one but that is my bias). And most other missions she is very useful for her general utility. The old Banshee needed a rework and they gave it to her. 

You said you have never built her, so your basing this 'review' off information that is from what you've only seen or heard. Build her and play her and you will realise she is  completely fine as is.

I use her all the time. In fact she is one of my favorites.

She is extremely useful when you understand how to use her effectively.

CC is basically all that matters in the end game (i use the term endgame loosely) anyway.

She is fine as she is.

Get your grubby hands away from my love and her abilities!

TL;DR

If you think she's not that good, you're using her wrong.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Sonic Boom:

Great for breathing room, first abilities aren't meant to be one shotters. It has saved me more than once.

Silence:
This is designed for stealth, not stunlock, sound quake if for stunlocking

Sonar:

Does as advertised and does it very well, if you choose to use it correctly (aim)

Sound Quake:

Is not meant to make you invincible, and personally I have never been killed while using it.

Throw a range mod on it and you will stunlock anything close enough to hit you. Also try putting on a redirection mod.

Summary:

Banshee is a very useful frame if you use her correctly, and aside from making silence more useful outside of the one room you need to be quiet in, is very fun to play as.

Not to mention

iML2UrP.jpg

Edited by cam-o-flage20

Sonic Boom:

Great for breathing room, first abilities aren't meant to be one shotters. It has saved me more than once.

Silence:

This is designed for stealth, not stunlock, sound quake if for stunlocking

Sonar:

Does as advertised and does it very well, if you choose to use it correctly (aim)

Sound Quake:

Is not meant to make you invincible, and personally I have never been killed while using it.

Throw a range mod on it and you will stunlock anything close enough to hit you. Also try putting on a redirection mod.

Summary:

Banshee is a very useful frame if you use her correctly, and aside from making silence more useful outside of the one room you need to be quiet in, is very fun to play as.

Not to mention

iML2UrP.jpg

^^^ basically this.

Leave Banshee alone!

Sonar is the only ability worth having from banshee, but i have not levelled up my blind rage yet to the max (the one with +strength) since there are many other mods that have a higher priority to level up, there is no point in using banshee.

And even with that one ability, she is not usefull until at least 40 minutes into a survival or defence and by then most players already quit the mission -,-

Edited by Frostosti

I have never built her.

so build her and form you own opinion. understand one simple truth, people perceive information only on a level of their understanding. which means their opinion may be biased. your opinion of this warframe have no no value at all, simply because you don't have this frame.

however as a side note, yes indeed sonar can target feet of the ancient, and feet is immune to all damage for over the year now. but this is not a problem of the power, if DE can't fix that, it doesn't mean this power somehow a lackluster. It's x11 damage after all.

Sound Quake is a decent aoe crowd control, and if you are using it on the open, there is clearly something wrong with you.

Edited by Althix

While she is outdone really easily, she's not as bad as you paint her.

While i do feel that her skills are a tad lack-luster, she's still up with Nyx and Ember in my top 3 favorite frames... Was one of the first frames i got, and wanted to get... And still has a place in my heart.

+Standart banshee helm, Agile animation, and a fully maxed rush mod, makes her look and move a bit like an Alien. guess i need the Illiac to have an even better cosplaying Banshee...

While she is outdone really easily, she's not as bad as you paint her.

While i do feel that her skills are a tad lack-luster, she's still up with Nyx and Ember in my top 3 favorite frames... Was one of the first frames i got, and wanted to get... And still has a place in my heart.

+Standart banshee helm, Agile animation, and a fully maxed rush mod, makes her look and move a bit like an Alien. guess i need the Illiac to have an even better cosplaying Banshee...

I run here with the Reverb helmet, I was going for a more badazz vampire look. I really like her, that why I made this topic.

What the i dont even

Push is one of the best and cheapest CCs in the game

It goes far and wide and everything goes down

Sonar is probably the biggest damage boost to guns you get get in game

11x boost on marked areas

It shouldnt be used on run and gun missions where enemies are far too weak for that boost to be worth anything

Only levels where enemies scale, bosses, and maybe against specters is where itll shine

Have you seen a sonar Banshee using a high pierce Drakgoon?(or whatever its called) Thats scary killing power

Silence is great for stun but that isnt its main use

Still if youre using your banshee correctly youll find frame synergy with distance weapons and sonar to be amazing

The enemy gets picked off before they can get close

Sound quake

2 options with this

Either efficiency range for epic CC that lasts a really long time <REALLY LONG TIME

Or damage build that actually has a nice DPS on a large amount of targets

I honestly think youre playing banshee very wrong

Sonar is ok, but it couldnt hurt for a little buff. And anyways I think Banshee been over due for a buff! Show her some love. Please show her some love! because she needs it!

She doesn't need it, seriously. 

Only from the players, but not from DE anymore since SQ is toggle and Silence is mobile. 

However I think she is the funniest warframe to use, and almost as tactical as Loki but with more aggressivity. She is awesome.

silence should be a low cost toggle that grants banshee and allies within X radius of banshee the affect of the maxed out "Hush" or "silencer" mod. that way it can maintain its' uses in stealth runs while still having the same functionality(just a reversal of what it does, instead of making the enemy deaf it just makes all the tenno gunfire silent)

1 needs to be freely usable with your left hand similar to Shock Shuriken, Fire Ball, etc.

2 is fine.  Maybe change the way weak points are spawned to make them more useful more often (overlap with existing weak points sometimes.)

3 should dampen enemies to an unaware state after the stagger regardless of the current alert status on the map.

4 should actually knock down enemies with its blast procs.  

Sonar is ok, but it couldnt hurt for a little buff. And anyways I think Banshee been over due for a buff! Show her some love. Please show her some love! because she needs it!

How is 1145% damage only ok?

1 needs to be freely usable with your left hand similar to Shock Shuriken, Fire Ball, etc.

2 is fine.  Maybe change the way weak points are spawned to make them more useful more often (overlap with existing weak points sometimes.)

3 should dampen enemies to an unaware state after the stagger regardless of the current alert status on the map.

4 should actually knock down enemies with its blast procs.  

Shes very powerful how she is

These changes are fine still though i prefer the stun it currently has to KD since enemies getting up after KD might have a moment of immunity where they can shoot and its easier to shoot through multiple targets when theyre standing VS downed

My post got all mixed up

silence should be a low cost toggle that grants banshee and allies within X radius of banshee the affect of the maxed out "Hush" or "silencer" mod. that way it can maintain its' uses in stealth runs while still having the same functionality(just a reversal of what it does, instead of making the enemy deaf it just makes all the tenno gunfire silent)

Then itd have to lose the stun or people would just toggle on and off for constant stun at a really low rate or youd only get one stun per use out of it and that wouldnt be near as useful

Given it could be more useful i dont think a toggle would be the right way

she is and doesnt need a buff i think

Edited by Azawarau

the honest truth is alot of warframe players are not good enough to use her

they have relied on their rhino crutches for so long that when they jump in a banshee its a complete disaster 

if people used banshee and stuck with her for awhile its almost guaranteed to make them better warframe players 

she has got everything u need 3 crowd control skills and a damage buff but you cant just lazily walk around in the open like your used to with the overpowered warframes - you have to actually think tactically, respect the enemy and enviroment and play to your absolute advantage 

@OP, silence does have a brief stumble/poor mans radial blind but after it wears off none of them are alerted to gunfire, shoot 1 in the back of the head and the others dont notice it.

sonic boom, yeah its not epic but it can get stuff out of your face quick if needed, useful vs infested.

sonar, fine tbh, i cant think of anything id change.

sound quake isnt too bad, i dont use for damage i use for long range CC, esp handy if you drop a team energy restore then activate, it can last for quite a while.

Banshee, she's almost hitting a perfect balance point. Silence and Sonar are not very effective in what they do however, here's a short feedback and suggestions:

Silence->  

Using this skill unreliably saves you and your party 1 mod slot (max 3 mods per player [sentinel, primary, secondary] and hushing shotguns). Following you and stunning are excellent bonuses of the skill.

However silence weapons (or with hush mods) have unlimited range, no duration and no energy cost

Suggestions:

-Unaware attacks should deal more damage, being invisible/ blinding is far superior: You can get close or bypass enemies; there's a melee damage boost (and all melee weapons are silent); You won't be damaged.

-The sound muffle should be optional/ tweaked. Enemies can still attack you and potentially remove your sense of sound direction (you won't listen to powers, enemies, gunshots, etc. It's much worse than invisibility since enemies can target you).

---------------

Sonar->

This skill allows to scale weapon damage vs accuracy. It is balanced in terms of damage since the game's pace doesn't normally allow for greater accuracy & weapon damage boost isn't necessary until very late game (besides it doesn't boost damage vs shields).

It's a very unreliable alternative to Enemy Sense/ Radar, since it only checks enemies 1 time when the skill is activated, again with duration & energy involved, it has a better range than the mods though.

Suggestions:

-Enemies should be visible through walls, punch-through mods would be completely reinvigorated;

-Sonar should do what its name says, scan the area for the duration of the skill (pinging each time it rotates 360º) either where it was used or following the player;

-Glowing weak spots should stay the whole duration, they disappear before Sonar time is up (bug?).

I have been Playing with Banshee lately and have noticed she is totally useless now.

First Her ability Silence is obsolete now, because we have the Hush and Suppress mods.

Her ability Sonar is obsolete now due to the the Enemy Radar mod and the Enemy Sense mod.

These two abilities are completely out classed now, and need a rework.

Her Ability Sonic Boom needs to ragdoll enemies, and allow the player to continuously blow enemies around.

Her Sound Quake is her worst ability. This ability turns Banshee into a big target. Sound Quake does little damage, have little to no utility, and is not worthy of being an ultimate.

Banshee suppose to be the ultimate solo warframe. Based on her name and Reverb helmet. I think she should be reroled as a stealth Vampire.

Banshee should be able to take live and energy from enemies. The health gain bounus will not be granted to allies but will be a banshee exclusive buff.

Banshee, since she is a vampire like frame, should have an ability called drain that can take the health and energy of enemies.

Since is a Banshee a vampire she should have the ability to fly or have increase jumping abilities like Zephyr.

Banshee should be the loud warframe in this game because she is a banshee!

Valkyr warcry is much louder than banshee which does not make any sense!

In real life a Banshee suppose to scream lound and put fear into the hearts of men, women, and children, but in this game banshee is quiet and is out screamed by Valkyr!!! This makes no sense!

Banshee should have long ago had an ability named scream that makes all the enemies run away, but Neckros got that ability (which makes me mad)!!!

Banshee need a total, tare down rework!!!

Hope the DE reads this and makes Banshee into what she suppose to be "the bad to the bone Vamire-Stealth Queen she suppose to be." Epicness!!!

Please DE fix her! And she'll be kind to you.

Warframex642014-07-2307-29-10-928.png

Warframex642014-07-2307-34-38-903.png

She'll hunt your nightmares!

Warframex642014-07-2307-35-43-742.png

Warframex642014-07-2307-35-45-756.png