Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Fix Pvp.. Conclave Form A Call Of Duty, Battlefield Fan!

OrphanMaker

Okay, here is the simple truth. Player Vs Player SUCKS!!! I hate it and it makes me mad. Everybody cheats, everybody use low down dirty tactics. Its all about what frame you use and what weapon you have.

How to fix it!!!

From a heavy Call of Duty, Battlefield, players perspective, the gameplay needs to be more balanced. So what does this means. It means no mods... or like on Call of Duty Black Ops 2, mods should be limited "but that would be to complicated!"

I see the DE tried to balance it with the conclave system. "It dont work."

The only way to fix this is to give every one an mk1 braton, lato, skana, no mods, no abilities, and Excalibur.

This would be fair. XD

And lack..luster!

So the best solution would be, any weapon, no mods, some abilities, and any warframe. I said some abilities because ultimates can be unfair. For example player with damage dealing ultimates can easily kill player like Loki (because his ultimate does not deal damage and he have very little shields and health).

This would be fair. Every warframe and weapon have its own balance, and these balances are only broken when people use mods, and some powers.

Conclave without the mods will force players to use their weapons and warframe innate balance creating balanced matches.

Now this what I think the Perfect conclave system would be: mk1 braton, lato, skana, no mods, minimum abilities, all warframes, and a new cover system. That would be perfect.

I know my post sounds extreme, I intended for it to sound that way. It was general idea. And if anyone looks, I put a "XD" denoting it was an extreme measures idea to fix the problem because the problem is so extreme. It was a joke. But it would work in balancing conclave.

Edited by OrphanMaker

So basically take out most of the unique things in warframe?

In a nutshell, yes...

Okay, here is the simple truth. Player Vs Player SUCKS!!! I hate it and it makes me mad. Everybody cheats, everybody use low down dirty tactics. Its all about what frame you use and what weapon you have.

How to fix it!!!

From a heavy Call of Duty, Battlefield, players perspective, the gameplay needs to be more balanced. So what does this means. It means no mods... or like on Call of Duty Black Ops 2, mods should be limited "but that would be to complicated!"

The only way to fix this is to give every one an mk1 braton, lato, skana, no mods, no abilities, and Excalibur.

This would be fair. XD

And lack..luster!

So the best solution would be, any weapon, no mods, some abilities, and any warframe. I said some abilities because ultimates can be unfair. For example player with damage dealing ultimates can easily kill player like Loki (because his ultimate does not deal damage and he have very little shields and health).

This would be fair. Every warframe and weapon have its own balance, and these balances are only broken when people use mods, and some powers.

Conclave without the mods will force players to use their weapons and warframe innate balance creating balanced matches.

Now this what I think the Perfect conclave system would be: mk1 braton, lato, skana, no mods, minimum abilities, all warframes, and a new cover system. That would be perfect.

You do realize that this is not going to happen? 

Remember, you are quoting games EXTREMELY different from Warframe. Easily, if you wanna play Battlefield, you play it. If you wanna play CoD, you play it. I think PvP will be improved but not in that way: remember that the essence of warframe is the jolly co-op.

No. I do like the idea of having a cover system implemented (especially since enemies can already do it), but if I was limited to Mk-1 Braton, Lato, and Skana, I would never play PvP. As a rule, I prefer shotguns or snipers to assault rifles, and I want my secondary to compliment my primary (so something like Bronco if I'm using a sniper, or Ballistica if I'm using a shotgun). As for melee, I'll take a dagger or a Kestrel over a longsword anyday.

In order to balance things WITHOUT taking out the fun factor, you have to ask the question, "What causes the lack of balance in the first place?" And in PvP, I'd say it's this: too much damage, too little shields/HP. There's a few ways this can be fixed:

- Global damage nerf (percentage based; weapons and Warframe abilities may need to have different percentages). This nerf would be applied BEFORE any mods that change damage values.

- Global HP/shields buff (percentage based). Again, applied BEFORE any mods that change these values.

- No buffs/nerfs, but the prevention of certain mods being used. Namely, the "essential" base damage mods and multishot mods. This would likely be easier to implement but be more infuriating than the previous two options, since people would actually have to change their builds.

Someone else probably has a better idea to balance things, though. I've done some dueling, but never any Conclaves, so I'm hardly an expert.

lol i remeber my times in battlefield ist the  most IMBA game i have played!

p.s. about loki just change its energy color to black and he gets nearly invisible to human players and with his speed he can evade/circle strafe much faster ! (i love stealth gameplay or cloaking devices in every game)

also

KirukaChan

had  great ideas how to fix that situation but there is no way we can downscale the % of damae without considering very high damage vs low damage guns f.e. Lato vs Pentha if we nerf both to -75% the lato gets kompletely useless and the pentha can still kill someone in one shot !

Edited by Severuslanskerr

hold on... when is CoD or Battlefield PvP balanced?

The meta on these franchises is strong enough to make people more receptive of the inbalances - you just pick the stuff that works. But last I saw, the official forums of said games are constantly in flames due to uneven balance.

I would risk saying that we already have a BF/COD balance in Warframe.

No. I do like the idea of having a cover system implemented (especially since enemies can already do it), but if I was limited to Mk-1 Braton, Lato, and Skana, I would never play PvP. As a rule, I prefer shotguns or snipers to assault rifles, and I want my secondary to compliment my primary (so something like Bronco if I'm using a sniper, or Ballistica if I'm using a shotgun). As for melee, I'll take a dagger or a Kestrel over a longsword anyday.

In order to balance things WITHOUT taking out the fun factor, you have to ask the question, "What causes the lack of balance in the first place?" And in PvP, I'd say it's this: too much damage, too little shields/HP. There's a few ways this can be fixed:

- Global damage nerf (percentage based; weapons and Warframe abilities may need to have different percentages). This nerf would be applied BEFORE any mods that change damage values.

- Global HP/shields buff (percentage based). Again, applied BEFORE any mods that change these values.

- No buffs/nerfs, but the prevention of certain mods being used. Namely, the "essential" base damage mods and multishot mods. This would likely be easier to implement but be more infuriating than the previous two options, since people would actually have to change their builds.

Someone else probably has a better idea to balance things, though. I've done some dueling, but never any Conclaves, so I'm hardly an expert.

I agree, i played some conclaves and the oneshots are, basically, the only thing the players do to kill another player... I can say that pvp is probably the worst thing that warframe has now

This would remove approximately ALL of the fun from PvP, it's modding that separates one Zephyr from the next, and it's modding that let's players make coherent builds in which the weapons and warframe support each other.

The meta on these franchises is strong enough to make people more receptive of the inbalances - you just pick the stuff that works. But last I saw, the official forums of said games are constantly in flames due to uneven balance.

I would risk saying that we already have a BF/COD balance in Warframe.

No we dont. Call of duty is completly fair. If you die its your fault. In Black ops 2 I can use a trusty lowly hand gun B23R and RAPE! Or I can use tusty bullpup Mtar fitted with an extended magazine, and a laser to increase hip fire accuracy! I can, and I will kill all day on call of duty or battlefield, and it is fun! BANG! I love that sound

Edited by OrphanMaker

Dude.. i can only say this... If i really want a good and balance PVP Game I'll go to C9...for me is the best pvp game ever. If you dont know C9.. then go to google. and check. or Youtube and check some pvp gameplays.

If I never heard of it it probably sucks. I'm not looking that trash. Now excuse me i'm about to go blast some stuff down with my B23r. Blrrp, Blrrp, Blrrp,

Edited by OrphanMaker

No we dont. Call of duty is completly fair. If you die its your fault. In Black ops 2 I can use a trusty lowly hand gun B23R and RAPE! Or I can use tusty bullpup Mtar fitted with an extended magazine, and a laser to increase hip fire accuracy! I can, and I will kill all day on call of duty or battlefield, and it is fun! BANG! I love that sound

Wow it almost sounds like it's also a game of who gets the first shot. Strange how in CoD, CS, UT, BF etc a one-shot is considered balanced but in WF it's totally OP.

wow, such inb4 doge, much old joke

Wow it almost sounds like it's also a game of who gets the first shot. Strange how in CoD, CS, UT, BF etc a one-shot is considered balanced but in WF it's totally OP.

wow, such inb4 doge, much old joke

It's funny how a guy that claims to be a CoD and Battlefield fan complain about Warframe's TTK

I'm just gonna leave this here... All weapons in these games he mentioned kills in less than 0.5 seconds

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AlLq9YAWClZPdGJHdjJ2aElXNFBYV2VoMm1XUmRuZ3c&toomany=true#gid=0

http://symthic.com/bf4-ttk-charts

hold on... when is CoD or Battlefield PvP balanced?

It's totally balanced.

In CoD you can have summon a plane to launch missiles at your enemies while they have nothing to protect themselves with. 

And battlefied...shotguns. That is all.

How to fix it!!!

This would be fair. XD

And lack..luster!

I know my post sounds extreme, I intended for it to sound that way. It was general idea. And if anyone looks, I put a "XD" denoting it was an extreme measures idea to fix the problem because the problem is so extreme. It was a joke. But it would work in balancing conclave.

your statement it's just ridiculous...