Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Overheat = Loki Invisibility... Ember Without Overheat Is Loki Without Invisibility

OrphanMaker

Lets talk about Ember. A lot of people love Ember. I love Ember... She's Hott!! I like to look at her pose with my dual vastos. I be like "my Ember so sexy!" But now in all seriousness she is terrible! I just have to say it. When I first got ember, I could remember the hype and beauty she had. I can remember while seeing her on a map for the first time, I asked my friend "who is that killing everything like that, shes Op." My friend, at his laptop replied "ooowwww ow, thats Ember!" I was like dang! Now that was about a year ago. Because of school work I have been off and on with warframe. Now about 3 months ago I started back playing warframe (because it was the end of my semester). I worked hard and in about a weeks I built Ember prime. After building her and remembering the hype... I was disappointed. I had learned she was now a relic. She was a relic of damage 1.0 when elementals proc-ed 100% and fire damage was king (like all elemental). Now in damage 2.0, she is darn near useless. Now I could remember Overheat, and went to use it but got some invisible mist crap.. It made me Mad!!! I was okay with Ember having 15 armor and being super weak, when i first heard about her overheat ability. I figured overheat was to the equivalent of Loki invisibility. Invisibility makes  Loki darn near invincible. But since Ember do not have overheat, since fire damage does little to nothing, since world on fire is not guaranteed to hit, since world on fire is not guaranteed to proc. Ember is now completely useless. It makes me mad that I have a warframe that have little to no use! And do not say Accelerate is useful, Its not! I consider accelerant to be Ember radial disarm. Loki's radial disarm is okay but he still needs invisibility to survive. "But Accelerate stuns" you may say. If I wanted to stun enemies I would have picked Volt or some other frame that better at it.

Last but most of all, why does world on fire take so long to cast!

You may be thinking she is good, she deal a lot damage... Thats true (on low levels), but the problem is she can not survive. She need an ability that aids in her survivability! All damage abilities fall off and the only ones that are useful are the one that aid in survivability!

PS It would be great if DE would give us both cards. This wold give us the ability to use ember to our playing style. For those of you that like Accelerant, use Accelerant.  And for those of us who like Overheat, we will use Overheat... Now everybody can be happy.

Edited by OrphanMaker

First off, paragraphs will make text way easier to read. 

Second, Ember is quite useful even without Overheat (granted, I never played Ember before that change). Her current skill set can be used as the following: 

Fireball: Quick bolt strike, perfect when your guns are empty or when you need the extra damage/stun. Also good for tightly-knit crowds.

Accelerant: Good stun, fire debuff will create synergy with her other skills (especially an Accelerant + Fireball combo) and other fire damage sources. 

Fire Blast: Could do a bit of a buff/rework, but it is good for Infested (just cast Fire Blast on a choke point and watch the hitpoints be eaten away by the Fire status effects). 

World On Fire: Good for clearing out a small room or area of enemies to give some breathing space (also has some stun/Fire status effects). 

Okay so gibberish format aside, I would say Accelerant is more to Excaliber's radial blind than Loki's radial disarm, heck why are you comparing a 4th skill with a 2nd??... and it IS useful.... Just saying.

1st skill - fireball : granted I rarely use this skill when playing her, as it's basically an explosion that any other rocket launcher/grenade launcher can do, this skill is the only one that needs a rework imo

2nd skill - Accelerant : good skill, it's a stun... I have been in situations where Accelerant stunned a whole group of enemies that would've otherwise mowed down my team

3rd skill - Fire Blast : Wish it was still affected by power range, but currently it's a good cc mechanic that blocks choke points and is especially useful in Infested missions.

4th skill - WoF : Basically the only thing that changed is the animation, it still hits everything, sometimes it takes a sec or two to down a group of enemies that the first blast missed, but other than that I see no problem...

Edited by TheArchAngel

Accelerant is useful.

Ember needs some love, yes, but she won't get her Overheat back. She's meant to be about damage and crowd control, and not a tank. This is why they first nerfed Overheat, then removed it. It didn't fit.

That said, I wouldn't mind Overheat returning in a somewhat altered state if it was somehow combined with Fire Blast, which in my opinion is the ability that really needs a change.

That said, I wouldn't mind Overheat returning in a somewhat altered state if it was somehow combined with Fire Blast, which in my opinion is the ability that really needs a change.

Overheat is flat out useless. Even fireball does a better job at dealing damage.

And do not say Accelerate is useful, Its not!

It IS. You just have to learn to combine it with other stuff.

Edited by Detheroc

Overheat is flat out useless. Even fireball does a better job at dealing damage.

I never used Overheat much when it was still around, since I didn't like having to rely on it as others did, so I'm not much of an authority on it. That said, I still think Fireblast, while not outright terrible, could use some sort of tweak and/or addition. Not sure what it exactly needs, but it needs something. In my opinion, anyhow.

You seem to be massively underrating Radial Disarm. Maybe you're just bad =V

What does that suppose to mean? I am a Loki stater! I have been playing since the beginning. Now I take my Loki skills seriously. I take that as a seriously offensive statement! Apologize!

Edited by OrphanMaker

fire blast is her only ability thats useless right now, definitely not accelerant, which i think should get changed to add 100% fire damage (like fire elemental mods instead of scaling off of existing fire damage) fireblast should be removed and replaced with overheat! what do you guys think?

You seem to be massively underrating Radial Disarm. Maybe you're just bad =V

when did he say anything about radial disarm? not doubting you, im just not seeing it anywhere, and yeahh radial disarm is fantastic, you just gotta know how to use it

Accelerant is useful.

Accelerant hasnt got that much uses accept early damage.. I will look how tou go to t4 survival 50 mins,and what your damage will be.. Ember needs a complete buff due to the fact that she is a glass cannon frame, and glass cannons must not come close to enemy but ember has to come close in order to do damage that is the main problem why people cry.. AND PLEASE JUST LEAVE THE TOPIC PEOPLE ARE HERE WHICH ARE FOR IDEA AND NOT LIKE YOU WHICH JUST TROLL SERIOUSLY.. there are 7 topics about ember buff and all saying the same over and over.. She needs somesort of Hp,Armor,Shield buff, because if we compare her with other frames like Rhino she cant even be compared because of how mobile,strong,good AoE,and a damage buff Rhino has., Not to meantion other frames like Banshee,Trinity,Saryn who feel uncomfortable to play

fire blast is her only ability thats useless right now, definitely not accelerant, which i think should get changed to add 100% fire damage (like fire elemental mods instead of scaling off of existing fire damage) fireblast should be removed and replaced with overheat! what do you guys think?

Don't know... I hate how weak fireblast is, but fireblast has to be one of my favorite abilities. Makes me feel like a fire bender. Maybe the DE should watch Avatar to get ideas on how to buff ember. Not to mention fireblast is one of her on good abilities as of now! XD

Edited by OrphanMaker

I never used Overheat much when it was still around, since I didn't like having to rely on it as others did, so I'm not much of an authority on it. That said, I still think Fireblast, while not outright terrible, could use some sort of tweak and/or addition. Not sure what it exactly needs, but it needs something. In my opinion, anyhow.

Do you even think why people raise such topics as Ember buff???!?? And why all of them say the same about accelerant?! Because it doesnt scale at late game at all, and people where more comfortable with the Overheat spell.. Plus about the first skill damage wise its fun, it would be cool if on each cast it would give somesort if speed boost

The person who raised the topic said good thing ,and please who likes everything about ger just leave.. Because of you guys half of topics about Ember came to nothing really..You just hear yourself ,and want the frame to be like you want ,when the whole game wants her to be other