Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Goodbye Thread To The Old Ui

izzatuw

7EU5jnT.gif  The old star chart right now

Now I'm sad too D:

Good bye sweet starchart! I'll miss you...

edit. I should clarify though, the new UI looks incredible and I can't wait to get into it!

Edited by Krjal

This is actually pretty funny/weird. Eve online had an expansion called Incarna which added walking in your captain quarters(station) and its all about spaceships. Now warframe, which is all about ninja fighting comes out with a spaceship expansion :D.

This is actually pretty funny/weird. Eve online had an expansion called Incarna which added walking in your captain quarters(station) and its all about spaceships. Now warframe, which is all about ninja fighting comes out with a spaceship expansion :D.

Well it's no surprise, ships do make much more sense and our ships are the ones you always see being deployed at the start and the end

yah i will def miss starchart and taxiing nubs to maps for unlocks... 

i will miss seeing my frame hover ominously over our quaint little solarsystem 

i will miss giant closeups of party members frames's crotches showing behind od and reggie void ships. 

i will miss the seemingly open feel and seperate menus with buttons and profile bar flashing, and all four boosters lined up in a row followed by mycredits and platinum 

i am worried that i will becom clostrophobic confined within the lisets close quarters

i will miss the rotating space bg 

i will miss insanely long foundry list of all my collected bp and getting stuck in there after claiming too many items back to back or getting stuck in the market after spam buying weapon/frame/sentinel slots.  most of all i will miss the currwnt clan / friends list. it was such an improvement 

For the last time... RIP = Rest In Peace. No need of an extra "in peace".

Back to topic, old UI... you will be missed.

Well, kinda.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/rip-in-peace

Well...  It's hoping that the old UI can be in peace while resting in peace...  What's wrong with that?  XD

Edited by sushidubya

You're in a minority that's the size of microorganism. The game would feel much more immersive

Speaking from experience, my minority will grow very quickly after the polish wears off (mere days if not hours.) I've seen this before and the backlash for EVE was "we waited all this time for this?" It literally is a 1 room efficiency apartment where you can hang a few shiny bits here and there. "Immersion" doesn't excuse poor design.

You're in a minority that's the size of microorganism. The game would feel much more immersive

I'm also not looking forward to yet more "immersive" crap that either gets in the way or hides useful information (see also: the current in-game UI compared to the old one). I actually prefer the UI we had before the current one - the one posted below.

Here is something from the past :)

6vSXdeh.jpg

Edited by DoomFruit

Speaking from experience, my minority will grow very quickly after the polish wears off (mere days if not hours.) I've seen this before and the backlash for EVE was "we waited all this time for this?" It literally is a 1 room efficiency apartment where you can hang a few shiny bits here and there. "Immersion" doesn't excuse poor design.

"Poor Design"  Please enlighten me what is poor about a design that we haven't seen first hand [as in got to use personally]?  Are you predicting that the design 'will' be poor or are you going off of the concepts that were shown in the previous Dev Streams?  Or do you just not like the UI design?  I actually like what i was shown (shocker) and a lot of people do too so I doubt that this design decision will be their downfall.

Edited by Sibarian

I prefer a simple UI/point-click system to some stupid room that I have to walk around (a la EVE Online) to get things done.

They changed the ESC menu UI as well for this exact reason

"Poor Design"  Please enlighten me what is poor about a design that we haven't seen first hand [as in got to use personally]?  Are you predicting that the design 'will' be poor or are you going off of the concepts that were shown in the previous Dev Streams?  Or do you just not like the UI design?  I actually like what i was shown (shocker) and a lot of people do too so I doubt that this design decision will be their downfall.

I would agree with you except this design is a blatant copy from EVE Online and that is something I have seen first hand. Fable III is the exact same way, if not worse, and the functionality is completely lost inside the menu 'room'...

I prefer a simple UI/point-click system to some stupid room that I have to walk around (a la EVE Online) to get things done.

We totally understand this, and this is the reason why we decided to make all features accessible as simple point-and-click options in a "pause menu", as well as in-world. So you can either walk to the Arsenal, for example, or you can click "Arsenal" in the menu ;)

As one of the authors of both UIs I feel comfortable saying that the new one is much better for sure. However, you can't really underestimate the value of a year or so of user testing and bug fixing. It will take a bit to get the new one to be as stable. So let the bug hunt begin.

Each and every Tenno under my command owes me 100 bug scalps. And I want my scalps.

As one of the authors of both UIs I feel comfortable saying that the new one is much better for sure. However, you can't really underestimate the value of a year or so of user testing and bug fixing. It will take a bit to get the new one to be as stable. So let the bug hunt begin.

Each and every Tenno under my command owes me 100 bug scalps. And I want my scalps.

And scalps you shall receive.

On a different note, nice avatar.