Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Goodbye Thread To The Old Ui

izzatuw

As one of the authors of both UIs I feel comfortable saying that the new one is much better for sure. However, you can't really underestimate the value of a year or so of user testing and bug fixing. It will take a bit to get the new one to be as stable. So let the bug hunt begin.

Each and every Tenno under my command owes me 100 bug scalps. And I want my scalps.

Well I was a closed beta tester starting the first week of closed beta been a loyal player since I have given my 100 scalps I'll give you a scalpel though to get some more scalps.

So, hows that immersion treating you?

I seriously had to laugh... :D

I kinda give DE credit... it is more immersive because it feels more convenient to run to every console on the ship rather than using the menu-minigame. xD

Honestly it can't stay this way... they need to fix the main menu... It's the most awkward experience I've seen in a long time.

Edited by MeduSalem

Goodbye the current UI, ... and goodbye WARFRAME.

Why did you switch to U which it was hard to use only for an appearance?
ninja is professional. But new UI is not professional. Professional is simple.
- why walking?
- why shake target?
- why no shown planet name
- why use more smaller font? (like a old blog system in 10 years ago)

I leave a ninja by this new change, but hope that a new ninja is born.

What's fun is reading through the thread and watching as it goes from "hahaha goodbye starchart and your glitches" to "ugh starchart was best UI in history of UIs pls giv bak"

Nostalgia really does wonders for making people forget the downsides.

What's fun is reading through the thread and watching as it goes from "hahaha goodbye starchart and your glitches" to "ugh starchart was best UI in history of UIs pls giv bak"

Nostalgia really does wonders for making people forget the downsides.

Is it actual nostalgia, or is it people going "holy crap, this is even worse"?

And is it the same players saying that it's both good and bad?

We totally understand this, and this is the reason why we decided to make all features accessible as simple point-and-click options in a "pause menu", as well as in-world. So you can either walk to the Arsenal, for example, or you can click "Arsenal" in the menu ;)

do we still have to keep mashing ESC over and over to access it or can it just stay open bypassing the ship/walk around stuff?

the new UI is good only because it looks pretty and thats about it.

the old UI was good because it functioned well and quickly and packed in lots of info where you wanted it.

It's sort of half and half. The fact that the new UI is bad conveniently allows players to forget the glaring problems with our old one.

Other than occasional hangs and the weird annoying lag to deploy extractors (both problems still in existence), I didn't really have any issues with the UI as it was a week ago.

Edit : Actually, it looks like one of the hotfixes caught the lag on extractors.  So... one problem solved for the few dozen new ones.

Edited by noneuklid

what glaring problems ?

the blanket terms used to white knight the new UI's regressive design I guess. 

Most of the arguments for the new UI seem to be appologist behavior and a ton of "its a beta' responses. 

Yes, we are now the new console beta, congrats. 

what glaring problems ?

At any given time several of the planets being hidden under menu elements, not being able to back out and save on arsenal menus, hard to find blueprints in the store, several buttons being very hard to click with the mouse, and a jarring lack of design direction. It was certainly easier to use than the new one, but it's not the UI nirvana people seem to remember it as.

Also here's a tip: calling people who disagree with you "apologists" is a good way to look like an idiot, both in real life and on here.

At any given time several of the planets being hidden under menu elements, not being able to back out and save on arsenal menus, hard to find blueprints in the store, several buttons being very hard to click with the mouse, and a jarring lack of design direction. It was certainly easier to use than the new one, but it's not the UI nirvana people seem to remember it as.

Also here's a tip: calling people who disagree with you "apologists" is a good way to look like an idiot, both in real life and on here.

Planets ? I don't even remember that happening, probably on very rare occasion.

Saving is not directly related to core of old UI, just missing functionality.

And now it's easier to find blueprints in store ? For me, nothing changed in this regard.

What design direction were you expecting ? It was simple, minimalistic and functional.

What buttons ?

And overall, you're calling this stuff "glaring" problems ?