Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grinlok Major Buff Please!

(PSN)ratchetcool44

Please!!! Grinlok needs a MAJOR buff! I mean, the gun has an awesome name and amazing accuracy, but the gun is just too weak! I cant take it in a tower 1 mission. I think it should be strong enough to at least take on a Tower 2 mission! Please buff it. :'( it is so weak that it is just sad just to wield it and just try to shoot at enemies and barely causing them a scratch. :'(

Please!!! Grinlok needs a MAJOR buff! I mean, the gun has an awesome name and amazing accuracy, but the gun is just too weak! I cant take it in a tower 1 mission. I think it should be strong enough to at least take on a Tower 2 mission! Please buff it. :'( it is so weak that it is just sad just to wield it and just try to shoot at enemies and barely causing them a scratch. :'(

The Grinlok can be used for a T2 Survival up to 25 minutes (and maybe T3 Survival for 15-20 minutes). It is alright for now, compared to the other weapons (although Marelok does feel a tad bit too strong).

Wuuuut.

With Hammer Shot and other 60% status mods it has 100% Status-proc, i think it's enough. I love that Rifle and I've killed so many Grineer and Corpus troopers with Grinlok on Defs and Survs... Also, in Void, too.

So, it's definitely not that gun which needs more love.

upd:

Oh, wait a min, guys. I see...

OP is a PS4 player (right?), they don't have BG mods yet.

Edited by Spectre-Agent

Grinlok works for me just fine. It would be nice if it was a little more intelligently balanced with the marelok - considering the marelok is essentially better in every way except status chance, accuracy, and crit damage over it's rifle predecessor, but it's far from being a totally unusable gun. Heck, thing was serving me fine in all the voids, ODs, or events I was doing until I decided it was time to start leveling other guns up.

So yes, it could use some tweaking to counter-balance it against the over-all more impressive marelok, but it doesn't need a drastic change as the original OP made it sound IMO.

Now that I think about it, they should have some guns that reload one round at a time - not including the bow of course. So many shotguns, and then we got the lever gun, and it's always a full-on reload each time. Guess it would be a lot harder to deal with mechanically behind the scenes, but it'd definitely make for some interesting emergency shooting scenarios I think.

The Grinlok can be used for a T2 Survival up to 25 minutes (and maybe T3 Survival for 15-20 minutes). It is alright for now, compared to the other weapons (although Marelok does feel a tad bit too strong).

So what? The Marelok, the PISTOL-variant of the Grinlok, can be used for T3 40+ minutes and T4. Should be the other way round.

how about a marelok nerf?

No. Buff > Nerf. Stop this nerfing, begin with the buffing.

I really want to like the Grinlok. I've been wanting something between a Latron and a proper sniper rifle for a while (still waiting), but it's just too inaccurate. It's touted in its description as having pinpoint accuracy, but in actual use at anything beyond the beginning of mid range has shots veering consistently off reticle; split chamber makes it even more obvious. I can stand sub-par performance in a rifle/sniper hybrid but at least give me proper accuracy to make up for its dps shortcomings.

Edited by rehspuhkuh

I say have it the same damage as the Marelok.
The Marelok is a sawed off version, idk why it does more damage.

It'd make more sense if Grinlok was the rifle variant, sporting higher accuracy & Crit damage, while the Marelok was the pocket version, with less accuracy.

Edited by Flackenstien

Guest Tehnoobshow

The Vulkar  can be used for a T2 Survival up to 25 minutes.