Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive Copter Death

Coatduck

So, in an attempt to make sure this gets fixed ASAP, I'm gonna make this short and to the point. Not sure if it was an animation bug or not, but here goes.

Coptering with the glaive equipped pretty much instakills you. The glaive throw while equipped was changed to hold-to-throw, which is absolutely fantastic and I love it. However, it counts a copter as a hold, and throws it at your feet, or a wall, meaning that if you have the explosion on the glaive, which you should, you pretty much die instantly, and even if you can manage to turn enough to not throw it at your feet, you are still short a melee weapon to copter with until it returns.

Hopefully I reported this in time, I just noticed it now, but it kinda makes the glaive un-playable, and as someone who loves the glaive, has six forma on it just because I can, and has built an IRL model of it (See spoiler) It kinda sucks to not be able to play with it

nOxBxOb.jpg

Edited by Coatduck

This isn't Copter death. This is explosion death....

*Sigh* I've had this death way to many times.... From find out an enemy just died and I held melee too long....

When coptering don't hold down the melee button just tap it quickly. That's what I do...

But the explosion insta-death is really annoying...

Edited by KiraShado

you dont have to HOLD melee to copter

just click once

and IMHO this is a MUCH better solution than the previous "equip, then double click to throw" BS

the glaive is fine atm, the only real problems are that the ricochets are still crappy and that powerthrow/quickreturn is so much more useful than rebound =/

still waiting for an 'aftertouch' mod to give the glaive homing or manual targetting ala dark sector

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

Nothing to fix, learn to use it , if you release the key it dont charge also coptering is for gun mode mostly

dont copter while in melee mode

if you copter in gun mod you cant trow the glaive in air also with glaive in gun mode you can copter way much longer (just try it out you ll see the diference)

NOTHING TO FIX  dont remoove such great Skill as "Flying meteor copter"

Glaive lack a bit of combo (only 2) but yet its the most versatil weapon and the only 1 with a special atk aka "Send The Pain"

Edited by Tsoe

Nothing to fix, learn to use it , if you release the key it dont charge also coptering is for gun mode mostly

if you copter in gun mod you cant trow the glaive in air also with glaive in gun mode you can copter way much longer (just try it out you ll see the diference)

Glaive lack a bit of combo (only 2) but yet its the most versatil weapon and the only 1 with a special atk aka "Send The Pain"

I have to agree. Flying throw is amazing when done intentionally. Plus people hold down to copter? I just tap.

I don't feel this is a bug. Just a good thing that needs to be learned, or habits of holding keys down changed.

Edited by Arlayn

Oh nice, you can throw it while coptering? I use it a lot but never noticed this. Have to go try it now.

EDIT: Just tried and this is pretty amazing. DE better not "fix" this. Also, it's thrown to the direction you aim, not at your feet. Idk what OP is talking about.

Edited by Naftal

Yup agreed.

i love the new throw mechanic (Hold-to-throw VS tap2wice-to-throw). It adds so much more utility to the thrown melee weapons. You can interrupt the combo animations at any point and throw the Glaive!!

It is a beautiful thing and makes the Glaive Prime, especially, considerably more lethal. You even throw the thing while sliding if timed right.

• 1 month later...

Yup agreed.

i love the new throw mechanic (Hold-to-throw VS tap2wice-to-throw). It adds so much more utility to the thrown melee weapons. You can interrupt the combo animations at any point and throw the Glaive!!

It is a beautiful thing and makes the Glaive Prime, especially, considerably more lethal. You even throw the thing while sliding if timed right.

Okay, except that it's very clearly a bug, and [DE]Glen has said in prime time #40 (

) has said that it is a bug, and when you consider that it visually breaks when compared to the previous non-equipped version, it's very clearly a bug.

Believe me I like the hold-to-throw, and you can keep it, but the issue is that when you're coptering it adds about .5 - 1 second charge. If you look back before melee 2 coptering never caused charge attacks. This is not an issue of bringing back the double tap, that was pretty annoying, but it's a bug with equipped coptering. Otherwise it would (Amongst many other things) throw while not equipped and coptering.

I main the glaive. I own a glaive IRL.

I know the glaive.

This is not how it's supposed to work, it is VERY clearly a bug. Just look at the animations.

Okay, except that it's very clearly a bug, and [DE]Glen has said in prime time #40 (

) has said that it is a bug, and when you consider that it visually breaks when compared to the previous non-equipped version, it's very clearly a bug.

Believe me I like the hold-to-throw, and you can keep it, but the issue is that when you're coptering it adds about .5 - 1 second charge. If you look back before melee 2 coptering never caused charge attacks. This is not an issue of bringing back the double tap, that was pretty annoying, but it's a bug with equipped coptering. Otherwise it would (Amongst many other things) throw while not equipped and coptering.

I main the glaive. I own a glaive IRL.

I know the glaive.

This is not how it's supposed to work, it is VERY clearly a bug. Just look at the animations.

Uhh no! What I was talking about is not a bug. And Glen doesn't say anything about hold-to-throw. He's talking about coptering and setting off the explosion. That is a bug. Hold-to-throw was a features added since tap twice and hold was too clunky and offered hampered utility.

Edited by RawGritz

Uhh no! What I was talking about is not a bug. And Glen doesn't say anything about hold-to-throw. He's talking about coptering and setting off the explosion. That is a bug. Hold-to-throw was a features added since tap twice and hold was too clunky and offered hampered utility.

Well that is the issue I was reporting :P

Hold to throw is much better than double tap, although I think the hold-to-throw should be shorter, and it should be locked out while coptering, or made harder to do, because sometimes even just tapping when you copter is gonna blow you up, and in order to double-copter (Yes, you can double copter, sometimes even triple if you're on a downhill and you time it right) you need to hold it for a certain length of time that ends up blowing it up in your face