Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It Is Time For The Corpus To Get Some Cool Stuff (Cities)

noveltyhero

Hey guys,

So since the Grineer had their shipyards and the infested are getting these brand new (awesome) tile sets. How about the Corpus are next with some interesting new look/feel to them?

Corpus cities where you can be in a skyscraper and look outside to see splendour and drones and such patrolling by the building and occasionally be on the ground in these huge open areas such as a park and what not.

Here are some screenshots of how they could be done:

Cascade_City_1.jpg

newalexandria.jpg

Additional suggestion:

Maybe with these new open spaces the Tenno get to explore some cool Corpus labs where weird stuff has been done as well as enemies spawning in with vehicles (more dynamic spawn, so you don't always walk in on them). 

Like a truck loaded with MOAs similar to I Robot's.

My primary point is that with these kind of tilesets (remember we have the stealth ship Liset) we could actually explore more of the Corpus as they are the blandest of all factions: Grineer are cloning maniacs and Infested just hungry...

Also, these kind of huge tilesets will turn the wheel around and make us feel more vulnerable as the buildings and such surround us.

What do you guys think? I'd love to play on this.

I had the idea that corpus a mechant class/culture/cult and faction, but not the only such, and they still have a market of consumers beyond the Grineer.

I would like to meet the other inhabitants of the orgin system and experience in game the various relationships each group has with the others, but to me it makes sense to have civilians cities, while the corpus would have offices, enclaves, holdings, etc.

Corpus are pathetic, cowardly weaklings who should of been removed from the star chart months ago.

why are we caring about what our enemies got? crush them nubs without mercy.

KILL THEM UNTIL THEY DIE FROM IT

Kill the Corpus? Silly you. That's not how you spell "GRINEER"

Corpus are pathetic, cowardly weaklings who should of been removed from the star chart months ago.

why are we caring about what our enemies got? crush them nubs without mercy.

KILL THEM UNTIL THEY DIE FROM IT

WE WILL CRUSH THE GREEDY MILK FROM THEIR SKULLS!

the main issue with the idea of an actual city is the fact that the Tenno would do all out massacres on civilian populations in comparison to militarized ships. Something i'd enjoy would be deep-underground bases or underwater bases, or ships with specific designs (labs, weapon manufacturing, etc.)

the main issue with the idea of an actual city is the fact that the Tenno would do all out massacres on civilian populations in comparison to militarized ships. Something i'd enjoy would be deep-underground bases or underwater bases, or ships with specific designs (labs, weapon manufacturing, etc.)

Well it could be an invasion tile so it is already in conflict and additionally like the skyscraper idea the player cannot exit that skyscraper ish building or even floating spaceship, but they can certainly observe and feel tinier in this world :O

Well it could be an invasion tile so it is already in conflict and additionally like the skyscraper idea the player cannot exit that skyscraper ish building or even floating spaceship, but they can certainly observe and feel tinier in this world :O

yeah, that'd be good. Starting at the ground floor and working your way up, or maybe starting top and working down. Staircases and whatnot. Maybe attacks on island facilities!

Coruscant comes to mind with the cities and then the industrial stuff underneath

Fighting rooftop to rooftop and through skybridge-type things with ships and transports buzzing underneath

Primary mission types being sabotage/capture/defense most likely