Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Release Updates Late On Nights Rather Than Early On Mornings

[DE]Momaw

This guy.

Perhaps next time DE could emphasize that update will roll in DE timezone.

For DE, right now is still Thursday. So techically, they are still on-schedule. 

For now.

Yep till 3 hours, and 10 minutes from now.

edit: Well as of the main post time being 7:49. Every time a dev stream is announced its always 1 hour earlier for me. 2pm for them is 1pm for me. So yeah...

Edited by Arlayn

Look im sure they would love to get the damn update out as soon as possible but they arnt a huge development team they are just a medium sized company and im sure they are just polishing up the features and getting them ready for shipment. they said it themselves they want the update out just as bad as everyone else so just be patient please.

They have 170 employees.

Not that I care whether they're "late" or not.  But try not to spread misinformation.

Because a while ago they used to release things on Fridays when they thought things were ready, but then no one would be available to fix any lingering bugs during the weekend. To alleviate that, they moved updates to Wednesday. Then there was a weekly streak of updates, Tenno Reinforcements, events, etc. which has lead to a somewhat unhealthy belief/expectation that DE would release something every single Wednesday. Because the forums always goes nuts when there isn't something, this seems to cause DE to over commit and it takes them to the last minute to get it out the door.

Proves my point even better

could end up like the last few times when they released the update the very next day. Not saying it will happen, but it has happened. There was even the time they released an update the very next week.

They have 170 employees.

Not that I care whether they're "late" or not.  But try not to spread misinformation.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but even if they have 170 employees, and even if you consider that a "large" company or whatever you are implying, I'm fairly certain that not all 170 employees are working on Warframe. It's only a small dev group. Yes?

I think that they actually "plan" to release them during to the day but due to, what is unfortunately most likely, poor planning their updates get pushed back several hours/days. This has happened for what, the last 3 updates? Really think DE should start getting themselves to the step right before updating before the actual update day comes.

Maybe this frog ran by one of the developpers while they typing in the finally pieces of code.

She/he was so surprised that she/he pressed the delete button, removing completely the final pieces of the code.

So then, she/he fainted and fell over and got a huge concusion and bled all over the floor.

Others telephoned 911.

Sadly, that had the unintentional side effect of calling in aliens, who came onto earth thinking there was a space cheese party.

Finding out that there was no such thing happening, they escaped stealthy extrem-

What are we talking about again?

Maybe instead of telling us their estimation of when the update is going to come out, they should tell a us a later date and surprise us with an early update!

Edited by jjpdn

I'm inclined to agree, since this is hardly the first time it's happened. I appreciate that they're working into the wee hours of the morning (I've done it myself), but it also means that work quality potentially takes a hit because you're more likely to make mistakes and miss stuff when you're tired.

I'd almost rather they wait until Monday or Tuesday for release at this rate. With it now technically being Friday, any bugs that do pop up after release (and they will) may not be fixed until the weekend's over... which was a good reason for switching the update day from Friday to Wednesday in the first place.

Edited by Taranis49

Since OP feels releasing the update as soon as they can does not work for him, here's an idea. How about DE finishes the update, then holds onto it while they prepare it for the PS4 side of things? Then, when you ask about it, they can tell you they have it, definitely ready, but you have to wait another month or so. Then both sides, along with XBox would receive it at the same time, making the PC people wait the longest.

Would that be better, instead of DE working hard and late at night to appease you as soon as they can?