Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Warframe - Sabel

matrixEXO

The unique thing about this warframe is that it does not have a primary or secondary weapon, just a melee weapon. That is, 2 melee weapons that can be equipped but only one can be used at a time.

While wielding the melee weapons on Sabel, you gain bonus attack moves compared to the regular "Press E to attack and hold E to do a charged attack" by moving the regular E/hold E onto the left click button and having a new function called Finisher onto the right side. Finishers act as a final strike and consumes energy (25 per Finisher).

Attacks goes into multiple lengths depending on the weapon equipped.

IE: Cronus has a maximum of L-L-R and CL-CR while Mire has a maximum of L-L-L-L-L-R but no CL-R/CR.

(L = Left Mouse, CL = Charged Left Mouse, R = Right Mouse, CR = Charged Right Mouse)

As for abilities:

1) High Drive - 25 Energy

For 6/8/10s, stuns and knockdowns does not apply onto Sabel. Shield regenerates, even while being under attack (but at half rate).

2) Dancing Edge - 50 Energy

For 6s, melee attacks create a vacuum slash that deals lesser damage the more enemies it hits (-10% of it's current damage per hit). (Leveling this skill increases the maximum range of the vacuum.)

3) Provocation - 50 Energy

Forces all enemies within range to melee. Provoked enemies does not change to ranged attacks unless either the caster dies or he goes out of the line of sight. (Leveling this skill increases range.)

4) Phantom Blade - 100 Energy

For 6s, Sabel does two strikes within one hit (like Multishot). The damage of the second strike is 50/75/100% of the original's (applies to Charged Attack as well).

Footnote: My idea with this frame is to actually make a change in how a person plays, rather than having that standard gun-gun-sword playstyle whereas the sword-only playstyle are done only when you really want to but I also wanted some flexibility when deciding on what equipment to bring. As for the abilities, I wanted abilities that actually suit a melee class gameplay rather than some botched mix of abilities that does not promote that hack-and-slash design. What are your thoughts and suggestions?

Edited by matrixEXO

Phantom Blade equivalent was already given to saryn as Contagion (yes i know it doesnt work same way, but still increases melee dmg).

High dive is just pumped version of ash Teleport

Dancing Edge works same way as exca Radial Javelin except with lower dmg

Provocation i would rather see it as forcing enemies into melee but theres already lokis Radial Disarm

Maybe a nice idea you had but i fear it will end in ppl running with dual scindos and spamming 2 for tons of dmg

Phantom Blade equivalent was already given to saryn as Contagion (yes i know it doesnt work same way, but still increases melee dmg).

High dive is just pumped version of ash Teleport

Dancing Edge works same way as exca Radial Javelin except with lower dmg

Provocation i would rather see it as forcing enemies into melee but theres already lokis Radial Disarm

Maybe a nice idea you had but i fear it will end in ppl running with dual scindos and spamming 2 for tons of dmg

Sorry, I don't have anything other than Volt, so never tried them myself. Might need to redo them all over again.

As for dual scindos, not viable. I should re-clarify that you can only have one melee weapon out at a time. You just have 2 weapons that you can swap back and forth with. Like taking a Dual Heat Sword with a Mire as backup for example.

EDIT: Just changed most of them. Thinking about how to change Phantom Blade to fit the offensive melee style without being too similar. Also, Provocation changed to how you wanted it (I thought of it before but thought that it would be too much. Works now since we got a more useful skill to couple with it though it can be useful by itself.)

Edited by matrixEXO

I don't like the idea, guns are a big part of the gameplay, take that away and you are forced to only melee, which isn't that good in certain situations.

You could always not use the warframe if you don't like the playstyle.

I personally don't see anything wrong with this one at all.

You could always not use the warframe if you don't like the playstyle.

I personally don't see anything wrong with this one at all.

I just expressed an opinion, I'm not forced to play the frame the same way you aren't forced to agree with me.