Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Realism Mode?

memoryspark

I had a thought today whilst playing a nightmare mission; what if we made it harder?

What I was thinking was something along the lines of this:

1 body shot = 500~ damage

1 head shot = 1.2k~ damage

Iron skin doubles these

Ex: 2 body shot w/ iron skin = 500~ damage

1 shot on sentinel = 1k~ damage

With enemies it would be something like this:

1 body shot on Grineer = half health (scales with level)

1 head shot/fully charged bow shot = Instant kill

Same general idea with Corpus except for the helmet which would realistically reduce damage to the head a bit

Robot enemies would take two shots andwhere to kill seeing as they dont exactly have heads

Infested would only be able to be killed via headshots (stereotypical zombie/infected lore)

I think this would be an awesome option for experienced players to play by themselves or with friends, the game mode working similarly to extermination. To add an even more realistic aspect to it, players could turn their HUDs off and go in blind.

I dont expect this to actually be implemented into the game, but it would be really dope if it was. It would add an extra challenge for older and more experienced players.

Realism mode = Finish alive after taking shots, you are banned for 5 months for injuries, then you have to go through another month or so for rehabilitation where you only use starter stuff.

Why do people say stupid S#&$ like that when someone only wants a realistic mode?

I had a thought today whilst playing a nightmare mission; what if we made it harder?

What I was thinking was something along the lines of this:

1 body shot = 500~ damage

1 head shot = 1.2k~ damage

Iron skin doubles these

Ex: 2 body shot w/ iron skin = 500~ damage

1 shot on sentinel = 1k~ damage

You do realize AI enemies have 100% accuracy and sometimes it is impossible to dodge some attacks, right?

This game mode sounds more like sudden death mode to me.

Why do people say stupid S#&$ like that when someone only wants a realistic mode?

Because that IS a realistic mode, maybe not the starter stuff but you can't just get shot a bunch of times and then go straight back into combat. And who needs a realistic mode? The whole point of games is that they ARENT real.