Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Ui Is Horrible

Taikaponi

It's horrible, seriously. It looked too complicated in the livestreams, but it's even more complicated when I'm supposed to use it myself. In addition to that, it has some major flaws as well: no log out button, no option see what gear my team mates have equipped, mods cannot be upgraded from the arsenal (I have to quit arsenal to access the mods page and go back to the arsenal after that), no way to see how many squads there are playing in each mission... It takes triple the time to access anything compared to the old UI. The old UI was simple and nice, with only a few to very few bugs. The new UI, however, is just a one GIANT BUG.

Edited by Taikaponi

log out O_o, press esc and select quit game :D

not seeing teammates gear might have been intended-I think I remember reading that

upgrading mods issues could be seen as a bug in progress being squashed.

I find navigation vastly quicker

although I find myself with a learning curve, I like it more.

Just take the time to look through the menu. It ain't that hard, sailor.

You'll find everything in no time.

The old UI would have had bugs in it when it first came out.

Stop whining, anything new will have bugs in it, and you'll learn to navigate it soon. 

This is why we never get anything good. People just ignore all the negative feedback and none of the bugs never gets fixed because of that.

Just take the time to look through the menu. It ain't that hard, sailor.

You'll find everything in no time.

The issue is not that everything is there or not. The issue is it's a console based UI which does not translate so well to PC. 

People don't want all the "flash" or "bells and wistles" as other community members have mentioned in place of functionality, ease of use or the interpretation of the menus in ones brain. They are garbage, it is so clear to the trained eye where they come from - The design philosophy behind them (before stolen) Is meant for console controllers and little was done to make the menus keyboard and mouse friendly. Simply stolen work which took months for someone to translate into warframe with no concern for PC users.

The new UI is less efficient than the old UI. There are plenty who appear content, Those same players would never change their field of veiw in a shooter as a professional player would, or know how to get a 120 degree view. There's pros and noobs. Some people were born to be content, some desire more. It's ridiculous to play jump to conclusions such as "give it time". People learn at different rates - You may need time to adjust where as someone else can already see the end. How many moves can you think ahead in chess? Likely not many given your views. If someone can learn in three minutes what takes you hours to learn - That doesn't mean they don't know what they are talking about.

Edited by SteelCent

I find it pretty hilarious that in lieu of actual arguments in defence of the UI people find it necessary to insult the topic creator, be it directly or just by being incredibly condecending.

And by hilarious I mean disgusting.

The old UI would have had bugs in it when it first came out.

Stop whining, anything new will have bugs in it, and you'll learn to navigate it soon. 

What bugs? The complaints are about intentional designs, not technical failings.

I find it pretty hilarious that in lieu of actual arguments in defence of the UI people find it necessary to insult the topic creator, be it directly or just by being incredibly condecending.

And by hilarious I mean disgusting.

Somebody with common sense! Will you marry me?

The issue is not that everything is there or not. The issue is it's a console based UI which does not translate so well to PC. 

People don't want all the "flash" or "bells and wistles" as other community members have mentioned in place of functionality, ease of use or the interpretation of the menus in ones brain. They are garbage, it is so clear to the trained eye where they come from - The design philosophy behind them (before stolen) Is meant for console controllers and little was done to make the menus keyboard and mouse friendly. Simply stolen work which took months for someone to translate into warframe with no concern for PC users.

DE is clearly moving away from the PC crowd,  the new UI is  an insult to pc gamers , its that BAD , every single action i make now takes 2x the time compared to the old UI,  everything feels like its made for controlers, the menus, the crappy mod selection with a weird angle, etc etc etc, its just bad

Edited by kultuu

DE is clearly moving away from the PC crowd,  the new UI is  an insult to pc gamers , its that BAD , every single action i make now takes 2x the time compared to the old UI,  everything feels like its made for controlers, the menus, the crappy mod selection with a weird angle, etc etc etc, its just bad

I think it's even worse with controllers. Imagine how much time it will take to navigate through so many buttons just to open another window of UI. I thought DE wanted to reduce the amount of buttons in the UI, but instead they tripled it.