Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your Experience With U14

Fusseltuch

The planet's map drives me nuts. I'm a guy who doesn't remember what planet has who/what I need. I could usually just feel around for the planets and places I need to get to, but with every planet being the same size in no particular order, I waste so much time trying to get where I need to go. The map was perfect and downright brilliant before this one.

So far:

The UI is terrible, the low FoV inside the ship makes me hurl. There are server issues but that's not gonna be a problem for long because it can happen after every major update. No, the biggest problem is the UI/FoV right now. I've never been so close to my rhino that his shoulder takes up about a third of the screen. I get physically ill from just walking around in the ship due to the low Field of View. I'm not on a console. I AM NOT 3+ METERS AWAY FROM MY SCREEN LIKE A CONSOLE GAMER IS. Please fix this. :/

For those who disagree, here's more info on FoV problems in first/third person games:

This update is a mixed bag, Introduction seems good alot of work and effort went into it and I like it, till you remove the device. It Should have ended there, beyond that it feels cheesy and annoying the way they did it, *somewhat spoiler alert for tutorial* --- oh look the thing inside your head it disintigrated.... woo *waves small flag* . I'd rather have the lotus have a reason for you go after vor like he's about to launch some atttack on some people or bomb a planet into the ground and you need to stop him It would feel like I'm having some purpose for killing him.

Next, that voice on the ship, he need to go, for good or be "upgraded" with somthing less annoying and obidently silent. Also the small red device that seems to intercept transmissions need an on/off switch, I like the touch and thought but will get annoying after a while.

This one gets me the most though, when viewing foundry and mod listing, I feel blind, I cant see much of anything compared to the previous UI. You get the diffrence of 2 lines compared to a whole page of mods or foundry items, I wonder what you would take. your chacter looking at he screens and such is nice, but not worth sacrficing my vision for it. on a side not the esc. Menu screen is very well done I like it very much.

If theres an offical responce and feedback thread for U14 I would love to know where to find it.

U14 is the most bug-filled Update I have seen so far for Warframe.

I get kicked quiet often, I have to log out and back in rather often to let the quest missions progress and getting the Kubrow Egg is impossible for me right now. I did 10+ missions, destroyed over 40 Kubrow Dens and still no Egg...

Not to mention, that I had tro Alt+F4 a couple times after beating a mission, because the game did not return me to the ship, but instead left me alone with a color-filled screen and then appearing dead out of the sudden at the beginning of the mission with no chance to exit the mission or the game -.-...

Sure, DE will fix the issues, but still:

Well done, DE, well done *irony*

EDIT:

Bugs aside...I have to say tho:

It is a great update, I was drooling all over the place and I cannot wait until I can enjoy this properly.

Edited by Maxunit

This has got to be the worst update I have seen in a long time. Compared to the old interface, mod menu and pretty much everything, it's like a flashy version made for retards who seem to find it easier to run around a ship and opening stations with really bad interface than clicking on words on the top right of your screen. The mod menu is the worst of all. You can't see S#&$ in it. So poorly designed. Not to mention the countless bugs where you're stuck doing the same mission over and over.

For a new and better user experience, it is sure difficult to leave a game, leave a squad and stop the game from putting you in random squads. Pressing Esc? Doesn't work. Only give you the option to decline a vote before another moron starts it again. I guess you'd have to run around your tiny ship to the navigation wheel and do something there? I do not know. After almost crying from how horrible the new mod menu was, I decided it's best to stop playing altogether.

DE, please stop being idiots. Stop trying to fix what's not broken. There's still plenty of bugs that are still around from last year. I want new content, new weapons, less RNG; not an interface that's supposed to be better but is worse on every conceivable level.

^ This.

The new interface is just, terrible.

Previous interface had everything accessible with ONE CLICK...how is making me run around a ship accessing panels or pressing escape and navigating a sub menu then another to get to what I want better? 3x clicks to open arsenal screen before it was 1x, not to mention if you access arsenal from esc menu it put you in facing backwards and bugs out the rotate.

Star map is horrible, all planets are the same size and the're harder to tell apart at a glance, I was expecting the nice solar map instead of the less than intuitive 'wheel' of destinations. Mission nodes taken from a nice tree of faction symbols you could follow and unlock to a flat ring of bars with no faction symbols on them. This has gone backwards in design and functionality, seriously were you guys high when you signed off on this?

I could go on, the list is endless...

TL:DR all intuitive functionality has been discarded in favor of a flashy clunky interface that takes three times as many clicks to do anything.

In Software; More clicks = bad design.

PS a few years ago another MMO style game (a space game) decided to change it's interface to a very similar concept you are trying here. It failed. Miserably. In one patch they alienated a vast and loyal veteran player base that nearly closed them down due to lost subscriptions...just saying...

Edited by Snapsix

Besides the bugs I find U14 too really be a successful update, remember with great leaps in gaming comes many bugs along with them so give it time and try and take in all the good and not just noticing some of the bad. Warframe fixes bugs constantly so I have absolutely no worries bugs will soon be fixed.

Also I have no idea why everyone is complaining on the new UI system, I actually feel like I'm in a game were story and atmosphere is important not just a wandering Tenno floating through space with no purpose or sense or reason besides killing cannon fodder all day every second. I think these complaints come from mainly people just wanting to run through a game just to get better rather then to take the game in for once, I see no issues and the game actually feels for the first time impressive now for once with a "wow" factor bringing in new people. Im with Warframe on this one, the update is a improvement not a mistake.

Edited by Monybags33

User Interface 2.0 is a complete waste currently, maybe in the future bugs, navigation issues, and so forth will be fixed. 

Currently I hate it with envy, why can't I have old user interface back ? Let those who enjoy 2.0 keep it. 

It will take some getting use to but I'm alright with the new UI once they get all the bugs out. I still don't get the obsession over the Kubrow pets. I mean we are already badass space ninjas with access to a bunch of sentinels, (which everyone uses carriers) so why do we need an alien space dog? I don't remember anyone getting this excited over a new sentinel....which I assume is the new roll of the kubrow. Oh well ....I can wait for DE to get the bugs out.

Love the new intro

Love the ship

Love the coolbros

Love the new frame (Mirage)

Love the new "damaged" mods and mk1 weapons

Love the new alt helms (most especially Hydroid's)

Love the new lore...

...not a fan of the new UI...

The new UI is interesting but its much slower than the old UI in terms of amounts of clicks to do the same things and your frame takes up a bit of the screen. This could all be fixed with one thing...a "node" in the ship with a holographic pannel with the functionality of the "old" UI. Maybe one of the desks next to navigation. Hopefully DE will get this new UI all polished and shiny, it did just release after all...

Two thumbs WAY up for all DE's work on all this wonderful new content, but I think I'll reserve more critical judgement after the kinks have been worked out.

I've had mixed feelings about Update 14.

The Good:

Snippets of Lore, the Cutscenes, completely changes the new user experience and even the veterans I play with enjoy the cutscenes and how the Quests change up what was, before, just a template of missions. The ship also really helps ground the universe and answers long-standing questions about the lore.

The Bad:

Click-to-access has pretty much tripled with this update, it's become very un-intuitive, I hate how I have to mouse over each planet to find what I'm looking for half the time (until I get better acquainted with their appearances), and the party system now feels very... Detached, whereas before you could see your teammates constantly bordering the starmap, now the only indicator that you guys are in a party is either the portraits in the top left hand corner or when you hit escape.

The Ugly:

I had a lot more problems with Vor's Prize than I would've liked, everything from having to replay the next mission before I'm able to install the previous one's module, to a lack of context, to some very disjointed dialog as a result of these replays and having to kill Vor twice simply to complete the Prize Quest (The second time unknowingly being him scaled up to my level, which led to some very... Interesting situations for me and my Rank 14 Excalibur with a Grinlok.)

And then I made the mistake of thinking I could solo Jackal... It's been a while hasn't it, Difficulty Curve?

Right now, I'm not sure what to write in the Bugs forums, because it seems like every one of my problems may have already been addressed, but a lack of functioning Ammunition Mutators on my Ignis and my Kubrow suddenly going super saiyan (the entire 'flash flash pretty look at me effect' that you get from hatching a Kubrow) whenever I return to my ship (along with Ordis repeating the same three lines of dialog over and over again, shut up before I jettison you, fool.) are two of my biggest complaints right now.

Edited by Mattyrogue

From the patch notes:

"The Player Ship has new diegetic (in-the-world) user interface and menus, with Quick Access menus available for faster access"

I lol'd...how is 3x the number of clicks faster access? hmmm?