Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your Experience With U14

Fusseltuch

^ This.

The new interface is just, terrible.

Previous interface had everything accessible with ONE CLICK...how is making me run around a ship accessing panels or pressing escape and navigating a sub menu then another to get to what I want better? 3x clicks to open arsenal screen before it was 1x, not to mention if you access arsenal from esc menu it put you in facing backwards and bugs out the rotate.

Star map is horrible, all planets are the same size and the're harder to tell apart at a glance, I was expecting the nice solar map instead of the less than intuitive 'wheel' of destinations. Mission nodes taken from a nice tree of faction symbols you could follow and unlock to a flat ring of bars with no faction symbols on them. This has gone backwards in design and functionality, seriously were you guys high when you signed off on this?

I could go on, the list is endless...

TL:DR all intuitive functionality has been discarded in favor of a flashy clunky interface that takes three times as many clicks to do anything.

In Software; More clicks = bad design.

PS a few years ago another MMO style game (a space game) decided to change it's interface to a very similar concept you are trying here. It failed. Miserably. In one patch they alienated a vast and loyal veteran player base that nearly closed them down due to lost subscriptions...just saying...

Completely agree.While the new introduction was really nicely done,once you arrive to the ship it all goes downhill.

The whole thing about walking around that tiny ship gets old really fast and serves little purpose;the FOV is terrible and some terminals like the mod ones are completely messed up;and then there is all the clicking,things you could do before in a few seconds,now take ten times longer:walk to the terminal,search thru the cluttered terminals,click,click,click...And the map chart is totally dull and boring compared to the old one(plus,more clicking to reach your mission).This new UI is just a clunky mess that isnt half as quick as the old one.

Why not keep the old UI and add the ship as a star map point for those that want to give it use(Dojo style)? Give us the chance to use what we like better and whats more comfortable for us.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, this is horrible.

I liked the game before, just found out about it and played 50h in 2 Weeks. Now bugs, bugs, bugs + a horrible menu. So clean and intuitive before.

Just keep the great intro missions and the ship. When we can run in it and the bugs are squashed it will be fun.

But go back to the old menu system + planet view. So much better!

Please!!!!

Edited by m3tabar0n

The new Kubrow thing seems like an interesting concept... But so far everything else doesn't seem to have been improved much (Maybe even made worse), nor do the ships seem as fantastic as most people hyped them up to be.

Edited by RolandOTD

This update seems to be an endless cycle of "Please Wait..." menu clicking, chat breaking and crashing.

The new player story was cool though shame about the rest. A typical rushed and untested launch.

I am rage-quitting from this game, I am not touching it until there is a sane UI to replace the current crap.

Currently I'm considering doing the same thing. The lack of any sort of overview in the new UI is so bad I simply don't feel like playing anymore. It's so obvious that the HUGE buttons with tons of whitespace and GIGANTIC TEXT is made for the playstation 4 players who are 3 meters away from their televisions. I feel like DE never tested the usability of this on a PC. I've played close to 400 hours of warframe over the course of ~2 years and this update makes me just want to ragequit...

Edited by Waswat

A typical rushed and untested launch.

Absolutely correct. No testing at all. The Mod menu is almost unusable, the planet view a mess.

Before there was this nice tree view with a clear overview about the progression and events.

Please bring back the starmap. Make a meditation room for it or whatever.

I'll also stop playing until the next patch is released.

Chat moves around. The game sucks now.

I'm OK with everything (really don't like the Solar map and how you have to rotate a planet to get to different nodes but I'll get used to it...I guess) except the fact that they HAD to add another BS grindwall/resource that is the Orokin Decipher. 

Really? REALLY?? They absolutely HAD to create yet another type of this BS resource?? Obtainable only from a Vault run, no less, which has abso-fecking-lutely no relation whatsoever to Mirage or her quest.

Well done, DE, well done indeed. I already feel myself deeply immersed in Mirage's lore as I'm getting geared up for yet another grinding Derelict run that will offer absolutely no preview or relative insight into the warframe I'm trying to make. Great job, gold fecking star right there DE. Gold. Fecking. Star. 

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, this is horrible.

I liked the game before, just found out about it and played 50h in 2 Weeks. Now bugs, bugs, bugs + a horrible menu. So clean and intuitive before.

Just keep the great intro missions and the ship. When we can run in it and the bugs are squashed it will be fun.

But go back to the old menu system + planet view. So much better!

Please!!!!

This is a pretty telling response.

It seems to me that the new interface was designed by the graphics department and was subjected to very little functionality testing by actual gamers...until us the beta testers ofc...

Edited by Snapsix

I'm not able to see all my mods (I can see only ~60, and I have around 100 of them, WTF?). I passed all missions on Mercury, though it has few missions locked at this moment. Also, WTF are those "Damaged" mods?? And, I'm missing one ship segment, I have the foundry, market, mods & arsenal segments, but the cornered one is still missing, what is that?

I'm not a fan.

The kubros could be fun, but it looks like they'll require constant upkeep, so mine is probably going to die.

I hate the UI change, and i honestly don't see previous levels of functionality coming back. This is the part that bums me out most.

New frame is behind a grind, wait, and RNG wall, so that's a bummer.

So that's 2 neutrals and a huge negative, not good for an update.

I'll try to keep my feedback constructive as best I can.  I have only been playing this game for about 2 weeks, so obviously I am inexperienced with all of the prior changes.  I'll only cover a couple of things I have issues with and this post will be long enough with just those.

While the last UI was not entirely intuitive to use, it didn't take too long to get comfortable with it.  Everything was laid out in a sensible manner for me and navigating the UI was fairly easy and quick.  The new UI, in my opinion, is layers upon layers of menus.  Now, this may be perfectly fine for people that live for their cell phones, but I personally hate it.  Instead of clarity and ease of use, it feels like information is being purposefully hidden from me. The new "ship" UI, while pretty, is not user friendly to me, and that's the main reason why.

The prologue was fine, but maybe having flying enemies isn't the first thing a newcomer should be running into.  Might want to work those in later down the line.  I gave Volt a try because it wasn't Loki, that was fun.  But, it was jarring to end the prologue, get dumped into this new UI in my old gear and now it seems I can't progress any further than what I've already completed (meaning missions I've already done). 

Now, my gear is mostly in the mid-teens in level, but I can't even do the survival mission on Mercury now.  Why?  Well, partly because I'm not the greatest killer around, but mostly because now I'm constantly getting zapped by the new arc traps.  They're neat in that they're new, but they just make it impossible for me to progress when in about 1.5 seconds half my shield is gone (I'm playing Mag with 420 shield atm). 

And I HAVE to take out the arc traps before I can focus on the opponents, because if I don't I'll be dead in very short order.  In this survival mission, I feel like I have to keep on the move to get to the extraction.  But, I am stuck with constantly having to take out arc traps.  I can't sprint through these things because I just run into the next one and the next after that, and that equals death very quickly. 

Sadly, this new update is player unfriendly enough to me that I may abandon the game.  I'll give it a little more time, but overall I have to give this update a big thumbs down.

The only accessible content was good, but very buggy. 

Everything else requires long waits.

And the starmap is atrocious now. I solved the first 'Hidden Message' riddle in about 5 seconds and then spent the next 5 minutes trying to find the node.

UI is rubbish and user unfriendly.  The old star map was elegant and clear, whereas the present one is just confusing and crap.  Somehow there are more bugs than before (aren't updates supposed to "improve" the game?) Constant game crashes and disconnections.  So yea, all in all, U14 was amazing......ly awful.