Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Psa: For Everybody Complaining About Instability/bugs.

Xylia

I don't know if many people realize it or not, but the constant Hype Train threads put a burr under their butt to rush this update.

"WE WANT U14 NAO!!!!!!!!!!!!"

From a HUGE number of players here on the forums.

So they wanted to get it out this week but they realized there was no way they could make Wednesday, so they said "OK guys... Thursday. We'll get it out Thursday because everybody's begging us for U14."

Well, they found bugs. Lots of bugs. It took them until 5:34 AM Friday to get it out and oh boy people were mad. "CMON WE WANT THIS UPDATE NAO!!!"

So at 5:34 AM they said "Sigh... ok, release the darn thing already so they'll shut up."

Well, it is riddled with bugs.

What DE should have done:

Delayed it until next week, when the game would have actually been in some more playable state.

So for all of you whining about bugs and an unstable game, take a step back and think "Did I post in the Hype Train threads? Did I post any spam begging DE for the update?"

If you can answer yes to these above questions, then you've only yourself (and your peers) to blame.

If you can answer no to the above questions, then you're probably one of the few patient ones around (and are probably not one of those whining about the stability/bugs), and best thing to do is just wait awhile until they can get the game stable.

Posting in the Hype Train threads ≠ pushing for DE(L) to release it faster. Just saying. 

And I think the first thing to fix (or at least deal with) would be the server overload, then the bugs.

*shrugs* The Hype Train Spam everywhere (NOT counting the official hype thread) came across to me as a bunch of whiny people wanting the update "NOW!!!" even though it was just simply Not. Ready. To. Be. Released. Yet.

Seriously.

It needed at least 2-3 more business days probably. IMO, this coming Monday would have been a better release date.

Only a vast amount wanted this update, most didn't even know of it's existence (my self included)

The devs are no push overs, they should be able to decide when to release something and when not to. 

If it has bug and the servers aren't holding up to standards then why release an unfinished product?

Using the videogame "Watch Dogs" as an example, people wanted it last December, the original release date for it but the developers saw that the game at that time didn't match their expectations so they decided to wait a little longer to polish the game.

Edited by MadTroll

*shrugs* The Hype Train Spam everywhere (NOT counting the official hype thread) came across to me as a bunch of whiny people wanting the update "NOW!!!" even though it was just simply Not. Ready. To. Be. Released. Yet.

Seriously.

It needed at least 2-3 more business days probably. IMO, this coming Monday would have been a better release date.

Yeah, in hindsight. 

And the fact that DE(L) did not predict such a massive server overload (well actually, it probably would have, but not to such a magnitude). 

Digital Extremes can never beta test like thousands of users can. Saying things like this is just asinine.

Having these issues may turn out to be a good thing if it gives them the drive to make things better.

I'm doing my part and reporting the bugs I encounter. Whining about it won't fix them, after all. Reporting them, on the other hand, brings attention to it, especially when it is actually put in the Bugs Section and not General Discussion.

Please, listen to this guy. Emphasis on the bold text.

Making the General Discussion subforum into a slimy, gooey mess (because my avatar is all over the place, redirecting threads) doesn't help matters. If you post bug reports and feedback in the proper section, then it will be given the proper attention.

The sentiment is well received but I have to lock this as it's metacomplaint-ey.