Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are There Arc Traps On Mercury?

R34LM

@darthdart
Not always possible to shoot them before being zapped and killed.

Try walking through a door, or under an overhang, or around a blind corner and then being zapped to death by something that is impossible to see, predict or avoid before it happens.
And in some cases you cant even kill them without having to get much closer to them, meaning you can very well end up dead for moving around a corner where the game decides to spawn 2 or 3 of them next to each other in a position you cant possibly see or notice or destroy before they zap you.

Edited by Tsukinoki

@darthdart

Not always possible to shoot them before being zapped and killed.

Try walking through a door, or under an overhang, or around a blind corner and then being zapped to death by something that is impossible to see, predict or avoid.

And in some cases you cant even kill them without having to get much closer to them, meaning you can very well end up dead for moving around a corner where the game decides to spawn 2 or 3 of them next to each other.

Then stop rushing.

Walk in, get zapped, back up.

Stop standing in it.

Then stop rushing.

Walk in, get zapped, back up.

Stop standing in it.

Going in with only my melee, expecting there to be no traps, given there wasnt anything before. I wasn't even rushing; those are all bullcrap assumptions.

Going in with only my melee, expecting there to be no traps, given there wasnt anything before. I wasn't even rushing; those are all bullcrap assumptions.

Okay. Regardless of your speed:

Stop standing in it.

Edited by darthdart

Did the grineer suddenly appear behind you as well to prevent you from backpedaling?

Face it, new players wont want arc traps. I've never had an issue with them, but there are now littered across the map, making it considerably more difficult to level a new frame. I've been at this game for a year; I know what I am doing.

Face it, new players wont want arc traps. I've never had an issue with them, but there are now littered across the map, making it considerably more difficult to level a new frame. I've been at this game for a year; I know what I am doing.

That's what I thought. Also, you know what you are doing yet you died to arc traps.

Alright.

@Taikaponi
Biggest issue is completely new players who chose a frame like Loki.
They dont have any auras.
They dont have enough points for decent shield/health mods or any of that.
All they have is fairly low base stats of 75/75.

@darthdart
Try to think of how they would be for a completely new player to the game for all of five minutes and you might be able to see why rounding a corner to 3 to 5 arc traps is not something that should ever happen on Mercury.

@Taikaponi

Biggest issue is completely new players who chose a frame like Loki.

They dont have any auras.

They dont have enough points for decent shield/health mods or any of that.

All they have is fairly low base stats of 75/75.

@darthdart

Try to think of how they would be for a completely new player to the game for all of five minutes and you might be able to see why rounding a corner to 3 to 5 arc traps is not something that should ever happen on Mercury.

They'd die, and hopefully slow down and be more cautious.

Working as intended honestly.