Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are There Arc Traps On Mercury?

R34LM

@Taikaponi

Biggest issue is completely new players who chose a frame like Loki.

They dont have any auras.

They dont have enough points for decent shield/health mods or any of that.

All they have is fairly low base stats of 75/75.

@darthdart

Try to think of how they would be for a completely new player to the game for all of five minutes and you might be able to see why rounding a corner to 3 to 5 arc traps is not something that should ever happen on Mercury.

Exactly.

They'd die, and hopefully slow down and be more cautious.

Working as intended honestly.

Working as intended. Go in as a new frame and do a few rounds. Like it or not, there is no reason why arcs to be on mercury.

@Taikaponi

Biggest issue is completely new players who chose a frame like Loki.

They dont have any auras.

They dont have enough points for decent shield/health mods or any of that.

All they have is fairly low base stats of 75/75.

@darthdart

Try to think of how they would be for a completely new player to the game for all of five minutes and you might be able to see why rounding a corner to 3 to 5 arc traps is not something that should ever happen on Mercury.

Loki is not a starter frame anymore.

And doesnt the new tutorial teach you about this stuff?

That's probably the reason they put them there.

Working as intended. Go in as a new frame and do a few rounds. Like it or not, there is no reason why arcs to be on mercury.

You literally quoted a perfectly fine reason in that post.

Teaches people to slow down. Arc traps were added to hinder rushing people.

Again, working as intended.

You literally quoted a perfectly fine reason in that post.

Teaches people to slow down. Arc traps were added to hinder rushing people.

Again, working as intended.

I wasn't rushing, I was slowing down. Sorry that my playstyle doesn't include taking care of arc traps as a new frame, where I barely have any time to react.

I wasn't rushing, I was slowing down. Sorry that my playstyle doesn't include taking care of arc traps as a new frame, where I barely have any time to react.

I didn't say you were just then.

I explained why they exist and why they are a good reason.

Adapt, or keep dying in them.

I didn't say you were just then.

I explained why they exist and why they are a good reason.

Adapt, or keep dying in them.

Adapted, Redirection for more time. But try saying that to a brand new player. Just saying.

Arc traps are here to stop people from rushing? Heh it's funny because Rhino easily can laugh at arc traps, if DE really don't want rushing in their game then they should remove coptering... And yeah arc traps aren't challenging addition to the game they are simply annoying and not fun...

Adapted, Redirection for more time. But try saying that to a brand new player. Just saying.

Hey new guy! There are these terrifying purveyors of death called Arc Traps. If you hear a buzzing sound keep an eye open for them. If you suddenly git zapped by lightning back up fast or your toast. Make sure you clear a doorway before entering it to make sure you aren't getting shot and zapped. When you get higher level you'll get much more leeway with them but for now cover your tail.

Then stop rushing.

Walk in, get zapped, back up.

Stop standing in it.

May i ask you to stop being kind of jerk? Now play the games as news players ,and try to understand why you get zapped from some sort of trap out of nowhere and no chance to resist to it , for myself I don't care , i'll just keep my rush , but you really think news player come ingames knowing what is arc trap ? how to spot them fast before they kill you?

May i ask you to stop being kind of jerk? Now play the games as news players ,and try to understand why you get zapped from some sort of trap out of nowhere and no chance to resist to it , for myself I don't care , i'll just keep my rush , but you really think news player come ingames knowing what is arc trap ? how to spot them fast before they kill you?

No but we think they'll learn quick!

No but we think they'll learn quick!

Eh , I don't know for you , but in any games where i get stupid deaths , with no reason or way to understand I dont stay in those kind of games , think twice next time , you really think any news player will enjoy to get killed out of nowhere for no reason & way to avoid?

'Slow Down?' Tell that to the rest of the team your trying to keep up with else they leave you with nothing to do but make your way to extraction. They ignore the traps and run.

I've been playing a few weeks and have been killed by a single arc trap, especially prior to getting enough mod slots (had NO idea what was hitting me). Gone down a time or two trying to get rid of said trap at an angle it can't hit you. I don't think I've once heard them buzzing as a warning. I don't always play with headphones either so that might make a difference.

When I'm solo, I'm fairly slow, I still get hit. I take care of the trap and move on.

But I don't understand the whole ' You must be not paying attention, playing too fast, not know how to play, OR a noob' since they apparently added a quantity of mostly invisible deadly things at very low levels that probably have no place of being there. I view Mercury as the training grounds, get a feel for your frame and weapons. After that, the introduction of various traps and  status effects is fair game.

I didn't start with an Aura mod (didn't know what it was even. NOR that it'd give you more slots) and I didn't get anything Aura related until I started playing with my super over powered friends who did some trading with me for a few goodies to help me out .Now I tend to go hunt on my own since I enjoy earning them more, most the time. So talking down about a brand spanking new player (in this case something that'll present a few deaths for them) for not having something to make them compensate for being so low level in the mod department is unnecessary.  We were ALL new at one point, the game has a learning curve. It takes time.

Some people like things being difficult for the sake of difficulty since THEY can handle it (and have a complex since others aren't them). I'm talking difficult in terms of no strategy, no compensating, just raw damage dealing things to a starter frame with no mod help. Some people find that fun, many don't.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

Eh , I don't know for you , but in any games where i get stupid deaths , with no reason or way to understand I dont stay in those kind of games , think twice next time , you really think any news player will enjoy to get killed out of nowhere for no reason & way to avoid?

All these new gamers are so soft lol. That's why games are so easy now. If your hand isn't held through it just quit. Hek these things kill me still every now and again when I am leveling but I don't blame the beautiful circle of death that is the Arc trap. I blame myself for not paying attention or getting cocky with a fresh frame with no redirection or vitality on it. Come on. Something knocks you down you find a way around it.

All these new gamers are so soft lol. That's why games are so easy now. If your hand isn't held through it just quit. Hek these things kill me still every now and again when I am leveling but I don't blame the beautiful circle of death that is the Arc trap. I blame myself for not paying attention or getting cocky with a fresh frame with no redirection or vitality on it. Come on. Something knocks you down you find a way around it.

Watch out...we got an elitist over here.

I agree with points from both sides on this one. Arc traps shouldn't be on mercury and they will easily kill new players and inspire rage quitting. If you are a Veteran player you shouldn't die from an arc trap regardless of your shield levels. That being said, we all shouldn't shame the original poster for dying to arc traps and instead focus on the real issue, that being arc traps actually on mercury.

I agree with points from both sides on this one. Arc traps shouldn't be on mercury and they will easily kill new players and inspire rage quitting. If you are a Veteran player you shouldn't die from an arc trap regardless of your shield levels. That being said, we all shouldn't shame the original poster for dying to arc traps and instead focus on the real issue, that being arc traps actually on mercury.

Agreed. I will admit, I was careless and unprepared at the time. Now that I expect it, I can surely avoid it.

Wouldn't consider it soft, just NOT having the resources open to you to prevent massive ouch. Low level has to earn being able to stand up to scary things. It's not just handed out.

It's kinda of like 'Go slay the dragon, brave knight!! But, uh, just leave your armor and shield at home.'

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye