Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fan Diorama Concept Comparison

Casardis

For those who may not know it, I was one of the winners for the Fan Art Login Diorama contest, which took place quite a few months ago. After all this time of waiting, it finally came in the game (Codex > Art Gallery > Casardis), and I must say I was really excited for it.

This post is dedicated to compare the original concept with the finalized idea by DE. I'll also keep the description just so you have an idea of what I was going for initially, and the difference seen in the end result, which is something inevitable of course!

Tenno

INytP3Fl.jpg

- Arrow pointing is where your Warframe will be. The weapons they hold will be DE's choice, but I chose a few lesser-used Tenno weapons for the most part.

- The rest of the squad will be made of random selected clan mates (rotations). If you don't have a clan, it will select among your friend list. If you don't have friends (or you're missing a few members), they (or the missing spots) will be replaced by default Warframes (also on rotation).

- Faint smoke particle effects coming from the ground.

Thoughts

zmIUMgvl.jpg

I knew the whole "random select rotation" couldn't make it, but I'm glad that the 3 random Warframe I picked were the ones chosen in the end. Furis is also more representative of Tenno weapons' most recent designs, despite being an old weapon, so that's good!

Click the tab to see the rest of the diorama comparison

Grineer and Corpus

ZuY6qYkl.jpg

- Camera rotates toward your Tenno's shoulder, showing Vor, Kril and a small squad of Grineer on the left side, with Corpus (Alad V. didn't make an appearance by that time, but I personally requested his addition afterward), crewmen and MOAs on the right.

- Smoke is faint, but dense behind the foreground characters, so that Grineer eyes and Corpus visors are glowing ominously through the smoke.

Thoughts

K5CE92al.jpg

Probably my favorite part of the diorama. Vor's badass walk with his obligatory Janus lens flare of awesomeness, and Kril's "you don't wanna mess with me" pose making the crewmen back off gave me a chuckle. It's a shame Alad V didn't make it in the final cut, but I'm hopeful for a small tweak in the future if it's possible.

Infestation

XRCM3kcl.jpg

- Camera pans lower in the space between Vor and Alad V.

- Dense smoke clears out, Grineer and Corpus squad disappear (to avoid performance issues)

- Infestation blobs on the ground appears, quickly revealing infested units (all types).

- The camera slowly goes through the infested army as the fog behind them becomes clearer, in order to reveal...

Thoughts

nNChRHzl.jpg

Nothing much to add here except that I really liked the camera swooping under the feet to reveal the infested units behind. I was thinking at first that some flying units could have helped with the next transition, but since the camera zoomed into the Ancient before looking up, I think it's all good. It's also a nice "foreshadowing" since Lephantis is pretty much a more advanced stage of the Ancient, hypothetical-lore-wise.

Lephantis

1eOyDOGl.jpg

- Camera moves up and zooms out slightly, showing Lephantis's impressive scale

- Half/all infestation units at its feet will be gone, same reason as above.

- Orokin void portal behind the beast, suggesting its connection to its creators

- Camera slowly zooms in the Infested Grineer head...

Thoughts

42ZFvnsl.jpg

I'm surprised that the Corpus head was the one put forward, but I can understand the choice due to the next part. Also, compared to the concept, making the camera look up was a good idea to give a nice look of its scale. It kind of reminds me of the first time I fought Lephantis, without the huge scythe near my face that is.

I'm just slightly sad that the Void portal couldn't be added, but it also allows for better lighting when it comes to the Stalker next.

What Stalker?

vLREDAEl.jpg

- The screen flickers, the signature warning of the Stalker

- After the first flickers, the Stalker appears on top of Lephantis, holding Hate, back facing the viewer. Typical dark & edgy.

- He will appear only for a second, during the screen flickering, before disappearing completely for the rest of the diorama.

- He will also appear more contrasted with the void portal to simply look like a silhouette

Thoughts

1NbZ0xbl.jpg

Another scene where I was sure the "flickering" may not be included, for reasonable reasons, so I have no issues with that exclusion. It's funny though. Since his color scheme matches the isolated red lighting on the infested, and the lack of flickering/disappearing, it almost looks like he's a vanguard for Lephantis or something.

Warframe

8TtIh3Tl.jpg

- Camera zooms out to reveal all the important characters, including the whole squad of Tenno in the front.

- Diorama will stay fixed in this camera angle until you log in, with some slight camera movements/wobbling

Thoughts

Scene excluded in final product unfortunately. =<

Final Thoughts

Even if I posted this on feedback, this topic is simply to show my straightforward appreciation for the work DE did. Further more serious feedback and nitpicks has been sent directly to DE by me, so I won't talk about it here. In any case, though I may have sentimental bias towards this since it was created out of the contest concept I made, I hope you guys who viewed it also enjoyed it a bit.

Thanks again DE, particularly Vaen, Geoff and the animation team for making this! =)

P.S.: While you're at it, go check out the other two dioramas as well!

Edited by Casardis

I was one of the other winners.

AwV3Pux.jpg

I guess they forgot the whole "use your current frame" part. I still just see Excalibur. All the other dioramas use your current frame just fine... Almost a year... and I cant see my zephyr or rhino in a pod.

It looks nice. Smooth, simple. and copy pasted from the intro movie. Which is fine.

Edited by Firetempest

I was one of the other winners.

I guess they forgot the whole "use your current frame" part. I still just see Excalibur. All the other dioramas use your current frame just fine... Almost a year... and I cant see my zephyr or rhino in a pod. Maybe in another year they could tweak it.

It looks nice. Smooth, simple. and copy pasted from the intro movie.

Try messaging Geoff directly and express your concern. After such a long wait there's no reason why they should do it half-baked, so I'm positive they'll make the changes if you let them know.

Edited by Casardis