Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are People So Dissapointed, And Is Anyone Actually Happy With This New Update?

Monybags33

I think this update is horrific. I may not have been playing Warframe for a long period of time, but I found it funny when I read on the forums that the new UI is supposed to be more "efficient" then the old layout we had. Instead of being able to just move my mouse and click a different tag on the screen, going from my Inventory to my Warframe gear, I now have to tip toe across this "ship" that is the size of two cubes to move from one module to the other. I'm all for updating an interface to be easier to use and updating graphics but this crap isn't practical at all. And one thing I personally just hate is having to adjust to SO many changes at once. Hey yeah let's change the ESC menu in a mission in one update and then change the start menu in another update to let players gradually get used to the new system, HOORAH for that. And yes I completely understand that's not really how it works but with this much of a complete change in the UI, I literally logged in and then logged out and do not plan on logging in again anytime soon. And it may be a bit minor to state but the main thing that irritates me to the core is the ESC menu in missions. Before I would be able to see if someone was coming at me and I was getting shot while trying to invite someone to my clan during a mission or using any other feature on the menu, so then I would be able to exit the menu before I died right? No. I went into my first mission and tried to use the ESC menu and my entire screen shifts to the left and before I saw anything flash or blink I was dead. I use the ESC menu ALOT so I cannot stand it at all. Oh lord and not being able to scroll out in the ship, which yeah I understand because the place is so damn small, but having the actual gameplay of Warframe full view with a roll-able camera, I can't stand that either especially when were in the ship 24/7. For me, the player ship would work if it was larger, if it was customizable along the lines of a Dojo, if it had actual meaning to being there. I love games that have a sense of building something in them. I understand this isn't a mmorpg but a lot of games are following that suit anyway and it brings in a newer crowd and brings newer interests to existing ones. Like the guy in the first post talked about, there isn't really and purpose to this $&*&*#(%& player ship other than to &!$$ people off that liked the old game UI. I as well understand that we will never get that UI back and that this post will have no affect on anything at any rate but I thought I'd post my feelings towards this update anyway despite its bias or my personal opinion. Goodluck with this crappy change because I don't plan on being apart of it. It may be overreacting to say that I do not wish to play now because of this but I am just one of those gamers who does not take lightly to crazy changes like these.

Edited by Merubi

i like many others have been playing for a long time and was looking forward to this update. i do like the new mirage very fun and have yet to try out the new weapons. But the there are two big things that out weight what i enjoy out the new update and that is the Ui and the ship. With the old UI everthing was in view from right when you logged in. Now you have to walk over to one of the six stations or use ESC and use the clunky menu and do we really need the menus to move when you use your mouse. As for the ship it is small and i dont see the point with it seems like a gimmick

I love the new UI, only needs a little improvements like quest tracker and solar system introduction, i can't understand some icons and difference between the rest, i can only identify icons from the previous UI ...

What is missing from Update 14

Sentinels

1.They should transform to additional armor parts or mechanical animals

Warframes:

1.Gender Customize

2.T Virus manipulation and Viral weaponry

3.Monstrosity transformation(T VIRUS trasnsformations)

Ship to become Organic or Mech Armor:

1.The ship should be able to transform to armor parts itself or become a robot

2.The ship should have a T Virus manipulation console

Overcharge Modes/Lens System and Enemies that can be destroyed with the use of Overcharge power alone:

1.We should be able to face enemies that only the word monstrosity could decipher since no enemy so far can be an actual threat

2.Infested really need an upgrade since they are suposed to evolve to other formers in order to take over everything

Weapons :

1Silva and Aegis should offer more armor otherwise the role of the shield will not be properly presented

2.We do not have enogh exotic(obscure/futuristic/not usual in design) swords neither enough Katanas

3.We still cant see any progress on what is after Prime level of weapons

4.Level cap should be removed from weapons and changed to level 60

Lore:

If the game does not get the Lore upgrade it requires it would be hard to survive the next two months.What we need concerning Lore is the following.I believe vthe game is extemely poor on Lore with all respect to designers work.

0.What Species are we and hopw did we end up as a Warframe(better explanation with cinermatic)?

1.Direct Connection with Dark Sector

2.The Grineer Empire Origins in ncomparison to Earth's history from the year 2000

3.Connection with Edo period through time portal or descendants and more insights of Ninja Lore connection

4.Lore about Existense devouring weapons such like Souledge from Soulcalibur

5.Orokin Lore

6.Humanity Lore

Thanks for reading

Edited by VoidGhost

Any big change is always going to be a step forward. The path is not always smooth and may have some rocks and blockades, but eventually you either remove the obstacle or make a new path around it. Warframe is constantly developing and that is the beauty of the game for me. I hold judgement until the bugs are more ironed out, but for now, I love the new UI system... then again, I am a sucker for immersion.

I'm right there with you. I actually played and enjoyed my warframe experience since the update went live. There have been some bugs and getting used to how somethings work like the new UI and inviting people to sessions etc. There have been a few bugs here and there but over-all its kind of really just something you should expect when playing with something brand new. Hell, not even 12 hours went by before they were deploying a metric ton of bug fixes. 

I know some people may not be very "impressed" by the update for some reason but take this into account when you consider the game you're playing.

You have devs that come into work on thursday morning at around 8am EST.

Work on a patch for 22 hours... AT THEIR JOB FOR 22 HOURS on patch day.

DEPLOY it on Friday morning. up all night like a boss

sleep???? Idk, looked like Steve did the back stroke in a starbucks swimming pool all friday morning until the dev stream went live

Dev stream at 2pm that SAME EXACT DAY.

We know for a fact that everybody at DE was up for at least 22 hours to get the patch out...then maybe MAAAAYBE they took a nap...if not they were up for like 30 hours until the dev stream. THEN WHO KNOWs!? Maybe they never went to sleep because they definitely released that hot fix @ around 5pm EST on Friday. Lets tack another 3 hours on to that and we're sitting at 33 hours of the devs possibly not getting any sleep. Now, a lot of us know that the devs stay and work late usually until around 8-9pmEST or so we haveeeeee upwards to 37 hours of not sleeping.

If the update doesn't please people they should at least appreciate the fact that the devs are actually there doing work for those that actually look forward to the game changing and evolving. I have my opinions on the decisions that some of the devs make regarding RNG and all that crap but when I see how hard they work to make stuff happen right before a major update and it reminds me that they actually care and it sort of absolves all those butthurt emotions. 

Then I get bored after a couple of days again and play it again when the next big update comes out. lol

Most of my hype about the game is just me watching how hard they work. I was lol'ing at how sleepy Steve looked in the wee hours of the night when they did their pre update 14 release youtube video. Guy was so cracked out on coffee. I dare anybody to find a more passionate game company.

Edited by grillv20

My biggest issue with the update is the fact that being able to pause the game was removed from solo mode. This means I can't just grind for things at my own pace while doing other stuff in other windows, which was a big part of my enjoyment.

Other than that, it's nothing that can't be adjusted to with time. Some of the new windows are a bit small on my laptop (I have a hard time reading mod names and seeing everything in my foundry without scrolling to the left, which is annoying.)

I hope we get some reinforcements soon for more exotic weapons.

I wanted to love the new UI......but I can't. Not as it currently stands & tbh I have been a little 'meh' to log on. So far my experience of the new update

has been slow loading times, freezing & crashing. As much as I appreciate the gesture of the new design I find it irritating having to chase stuff around the screen just to mod a frame or wpn.

That said, I have faith in the WF staff as history shows they have an ability to iron out most issues :)

The major issue is that there is some great stuff in this update, but its all hidden behind a UI thats more form than function.  Especially considering typically you want it responsive and quick (function over form) to get to the real gameplay. 

The Stuff I like:

- The ship is a great idea, and has some nice touches

- the quest system has great potential to change grinding and purpose to the game on the whole, it is in its infantancy though, how its potential is used is the key to it being great or mediochre

- the visuals are astounding as always.

- the new player experience is well on its way and a great start, it still needs alot of work clearly passing on all the information that a new player will need.

- persistent party groups is good this as well

The stuff I dont:

- The UI is ok but for most of them the warframe gets in the way. Moving to a simple first person mode for them where you just see the warframe's lower arm could have achieved the result and had an interface not all that different from pre u14, and been far more immersive feel in that you are part of the frame rather than just a voyer.

- much of the group/can tools are hidden away all over the place with no consistentcy of location or link to function.

- The solar map is just horrendous for mouse and keyboard (it maybe less so for controllers I'd suspect) it imparts little information and takes alot of time to do anything you could previously do in moments.  Little is easilly recogniseable, and just going to be more cumbersome as newer players progress more (presuming they can figure out the progression path).   The previous solar chart unfortunatly wasnt ideal for controllers, but was great for mouse and the visual feedback and actually showed new players their expected progression paths thoughout the solar system.

Having an option to use the old solar chart/UI from the Navigation consol (instead of the ring of newton balls) would be great to let those use what aspects they want, and what suits their control scheme better (oddly enough the ship actually now explains why we were kneeling in space overlooking the solar system all this time).

Overall i feel the UI shatters any immersion that is gained from the ship design and setup.  Im happier for it to not be as immersive if I can get it out of the way quickly.

Edited by Loswaith

I'm happy with the update as an improvement to the game world and direction. It was really nice going through the prologue and seeing the way that so much is now pointed out for new players that I had to explain to my friend who started about a month ago. Even though I understand the complaints from some that separate damaged mods are unneeded and should just be the normal ones handed out, I do like that they have a starter kit so to speak and that the costs for upgrading them is lower since new players have very little to put into modding.

In terms of efficiency, yes, the new ship UI is much more cumbersome, requiring either walking up to things or having one extra key press in the form of the escape key. But by the end of the day I was more comfortable with it and many of the additions are very welcome, although I still await the return of some removed quality of life features like seeing all the void keys and the vanishing of the close program program at the login screen.

The quest system is very nice but is too early to really judge as a whole. I think once it's expanded to cover more lore and is used for the introduction of things in the future it will become a fantastic addition. There are obviously a ton of connection issues and bugs but things were markedly improved after the patch later in the day, and I think the game stands to really grow in a much better direction from here. Previously it felt a lot like the additions were adding things to do but not really going anywhere, but this patch really helps it feel more like a place and less like just a chat lobby.

U14..

the new UI .hate it. having to walk around just to get from a menu to another seems a big step backwards. what was wrong with the tabs?

I've been playing for 5 hours now, and I've yet to understand what to do to trigger the Mirage quest , or the kubrow one.

Bought the Mirage kit,just to find out that I need the ''Orokin cipher".. What is that ,and where it can be acquired?

I was hoping to find something in the mail about them,but after 20 frustrating minutes,trying to locate my mailbox,  nothing there.

Vor's prize is bugged for me...Stuck at the ''  Raid the Corpus resource caches " ,did the mission,and now no new quest. The X symbol for the Vor's prize quest does not appear anywhere in my star chart.

I was hoping for a Warframe marathon this weekend...I guess ,I'll have to spend time with my wife... thanks DE.

• 2 weeks later...

I mostly like the new update. The ship does feel a little cramped, but it's still kinda cool. They need to have the Tenno stand back a little more from the UI menus for some of them. Head is blocking the view for some of the mods and the like when looking at the UI. But I'm sure all that will be fixed.

I hear a lot of complaints about how 'Ulg! I have to click extra clicks to get to where I'm going!' and I can't help but think 'wow... how -lazy- can a person be?'. I mean... they're complaining about an extra click with a mouse. Perhaps an extra one or two seconds. At most 5 if you're tired and slow from it. To me the immersion and the future forseeable benefits from it are well worth that minor cost.

Would like to be able to have my ship fly to planet to planet as I select it in my system menu somehow. Have an option for it or some such. And eventually being able to actually fly the ship would be cool as well. Which I'm hoping they'll be building up to eventually.

There's still a lot of bugs with the new UI and update, but it's to be expected. And a trial by fire that they are doing with the player base is the fastest way to get rid of those bugs.