Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prologue Weaponry Not Available Later On?

EvilGoat

I played the new prologue (btw it is pretty solid as a tutorial and I also love the fact that we are given some choice as to what weapons we start with) using the MK1-Paris and MK1-BO and MK1-Kunai. As soon as I finished it, I scouted the market for their blueprints or to buy them with credits just cause I want the extra mastery points. But they are not there. In fact only the original MK1-Braton is there. So my big question is if these weapons are "new" weaker versions of the ones we were using for so long or the same ones but just got a rename for inside the prologue quests? And if they are new toned down weapons, why can't we obtain them from the market? I would like to have a weaker Paris to level up and throw away just for mastery's sake.
On a side note, one can make a fairly valid argument that some of these weapons are stronger than others (e.g. the paris can be modded in such a way that it deals a lot more damage than the MK1-Braton), so if these are not new weaker versions of the older weapons, does this mean that some players that have friends in the game prior to starting may be able to get a bit on advice on what to pick and have an easier time and thus a more enjoyable experience out of their first few hours? That concerns me quite a bit actually because I would love to see all the new Tenno have fun and stay as long as possible in the game instead of being frustrated that they picked the "wrong" weapon for the job.

Edited by EvilGoat

If by we you mean older players, no we do not keep them. That is why I am concerned about us not being able to get them! New players should be able to keep them (anyone know this for sure?) as they pick a starter package of weapons in the first prologue mission instead of having the default ones we used to have back in the day (MK1-Braton, Lato and Skana).

Exclusives that only newer players can get? Intriguing.

So far we had legacy items that only older players could get. And that seems fine as it is a small reward for someone who supported the game for a long time. But giving some mastery to new players that cannot be gained by older players seems like a bad choice, I mean really why? It's not like we need low tier weaponry if we are at least above mastery 4 or 5 (so that we know our stuff), but it would be nice to have some more toys. And also on the whole new player front: If someone can choose between the Mk1-Paris and Mk1-Braton but knows that the Mk1-Braton is purchaseable from market while the Mk1-Paris isn't, wouldn't they always pick up the Mk1-Paris instead of the Mk1-Braton? That sounds just like a logical idea especially if someone refers you to the game and explains that in order to be able to trade and get certain other weapons you need to get to higher mastery ranks. So picking the Mk1-Paris is pretty much a free 3000 mastery points gift that if you make the wrong choice you cannot claim later on. Sounds unreasonable...