Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sooo Where's The U14 Hype At Now?

You don't really understand what hype is do you? How can there be any hype if U14 is already out?

So far I'm enjoying the patch very much, got used to the new UI, the server problems are gone, and the bugs are not that severe, and DE is working hard on fixing them.

also this is Page Three

QlRr2cj.jpg

the cutest bestest kubrow ever.

8/10

well for one ps4 users don't have it so the hype is still active basically, and secondly its pretty much up to the pc players to keep the hype going for us. trust me...hype for an update can last a good while even though the update has touched down. But that kubrow thou :¤

From judging by the the forum threads i guess u14 came with a bunch of bugs that...well made players give up. but font worry, i know right now most of you can't get that kubrow egg, and can't get a curtain part and so on and so forth but as a ps4 player i can say that you guys are lucky to even get your hands on it as us ps4 players wait for atleast a month and a half on this major update.but ehh I'm not complaining cause when we get u14 most of the issues should be worked out and we can kubrow hunt :)

It's easier for a PS4 User, getting updates late. PC have the fun of pointing out all the bugs and glitches to DE Which they can fix.. Sothey can port a nice little package to PS4. I'm jealous that you get it somewhat later 

Because warframe forums is the place to start console wars eh? Both systems have benefit s and faults. It really doesn't matter what your personal preference is, but insulting each other based on your method of enjoying a game is shameful.

Motioning for this thread to be locked before things fly out of hand like last time...

Hate to say it but I'm not having any game breaking bugs.  The first day I did but came back later and its working very well.  The UI, for me, is faster and easier to use.  I'm enjoying the update.  I'm not saying its 100% perfect but it will get some more love in the long run.

Hate to say it but I'm not having any game breaking bugs.  The first day I did but came back later and its working very well.  The UI, for me, is faster and easier to use.  I'm enjoying the update.  I'm not saying its 100% perfect but it will get some more love in the long run.

that's all that matters, some tend to loose all hope over some glitches and bugs but like you said, they can be fixed later on. keep on appreciating

Because warframe forums is the place to start console wars eh? Both systems have benefit s and faults. It really doesn't matter what your personal preference is, but insulting each other based on your method of enjoying a game is shameful.

Motioning for this thread to be locked before things fly out of hand like last time...

+1 for you. i enjoy it regaurdless cause its that good, but their are otbers that tend to look apon every fault within somethin and mark it as a bad game but like i said. ik u14 is new and buggy but it will all come out good at the end and when ps4 gets it most of the main issues should be worked out...no complaining on my end

If the bug didn't prevent me from seeing the rest of the content for this update, I'd be playing right now. Unfortunatly I can't even get to experience any of the new content now.

I really hope there's a hotfix coming sooner rather than later.

... and can't get a curtain part ...

Yes, it is terrible. I really wanted that curtain. Guess I will have to get used to the sun shinning through my ship's huge window. :D

On a serious note, the update has so many bugs right now that I think DE has hurt the game more than improved it. Yes, once they iron out all the bugs, U14 will be amazing. As it is right now, every time I got into a group mission I brace for a crash/disconnect. Ordis is stuck on the same kubrow dialog for the past 12+ hours and you can't tell who has which dragon key equipped. 

There are many, many more issues but I'm not going to waste anyone's time. DE should have waited at least another week to release this update. As it is, the new player experience is not going to help retain any new players.

You also don't get to test gamebreaking bugs.

i hear this a lot from p.c. players, but i also have a p.c. account and play when the new updates come out. they are nowhere near as horrible as anyone ever says.

the only reason why it would be a bad thing to release the updates at the same time on the ps4 is you cant hotfix the bugs. thats the only reason. plenty of ps4 players would be happy to help test bugs, and in fact our bugs will be different then yours anyway because the operating sytem is not the same. so gettiing rid of the bugs doesnt work entirely for us.

that being said, update 14 is  pretty awesome and PS4 players make sure you play the prologue. it adds a story to the game you wont get without playing. there is a reason for exterminate missions, there is a reason why we fight the grineer.

My Hypetrain is still on the Hyperails. A big update, especially for new player experience, means it's so much closer to moving on to the Xbox one. I can hardly wait for that.

Just hoping they make the Solar Map a bit better, the same-size planets are too hard to tell apart, and you can't move between planets without going out to the main screen. But the change that you can stay in-party between void missions is extremely, massively, hugely appreciated.

Edited by Moderius

It's a beta. If people are giving up because of bugs then good. It means more server space for those of us that actually know what a beta test is.

Ah, that argument again. It's not really beta anymore. It's continues development. Essentialy this game is allready finished (it's basicly behaving and treated like a fully released game allready), but they constantly upgrade it as long as it's income finances the development. It's closer to early access. However under the guise of open beta they have more creative freedom and can change more.

The people who leave now are not playtesters as you see them, they are actual potential customers of the company. Them leaving means a potential loss in income for DE. Too many potential customers leaving, means drop in income and therefor drop in resources for the development team.

I'm not saying the people leaving now will stop the development. But too many minor blows to the number of customers can damage the income over time. This game is allready burning through the customers which other games might get after they are fully finished. Each with the chance of them never comming back.

Considering this being beta as you say, wouldn't it make more sense to stop putting content behind grind walls so that we the "beta testers" can get our hands on the new content in order to play test it for them?

I mean how they are they supposed to get a good idea of the issues with new content like the Kubrows or Mirage if only like 200 out of the thousands of beta testers can access it at the moment.

Now the counter argument to that is that player are suppused to go through some time to earn the content and not get it done right away, in order to have goals or feel like having acomplished something to "earn" the new content. But that would indicate that we are not in fact beta testers but just regular players/customers.

All in all, i think people should consider to stop throwing the "only beta" argument around. This is not a beta test anymore.

A beta test would be like sailing a finished ship that needs some tweaks, like a different paintjob or more toilets. This game is more like the hull of a ship, allready at sea and us as passengers, but the engineers are still working on the interiors and what ever it should have sails or motors as drive.

Now, don't get me wrong. It's still good knowing they are working on getting the ship ready. It's just that this type of development can backfire.

Edited by Othergrunty

A beta test would be like sailing a finished ship that needs some tweaks. This game is the hull of a ship, allready at sea and us as passengers, but the engineers are still working on the interiors and what ever it should have sails or motors as drive.

Proof positive that you do not know what a Beta tester really is.