Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sooo Where's The U14 Hype At Now?

Proof positive that you do not know what a Beta tester really is.

Well i only have a certain image of what a beta test is and what it involves based on several examples i witnessed, i don't have the lexical definition in my head. If i'm really that far from the truth, please elaborate or give examples of what a beta test actualy involves.

Don't want to go out of this without learning from my mistakes.

Edited by Othergrunty

Ah, that argument again. It's not really beta anymore. It's continues development. Essentialy this game is allready finished (it's basicly behaving and treated like a fully released game allready), but they constantly upgrade it as long as it's income finances the development. It's closer to early access. However under the guise of open beta they have more creative freedom and can change more.

The people who leave now are not playtesters as you see them, they are actual potential customers of the company. Them leaving means a potential loss in income for DE. Too many potential customers leaving, means drop in income and therefor drop in resources for the development team.

I'm not saying the people leaving now will stop the development. But too many minor blows to the number of customers can damage the income over time. This game is allready burning through the customers which other games might get after they are fully finished. Each with the chance of them never comming back.

Considering this being beta as you say, wouldn't it make more sense to stop putting content behind grind walls so that we the "beta testers" can get our hands on the new content in order to play test it for them?

I mean how they are they supposed to get a good idea of the issues with new content like the Kubrows or Mirage if only like 200 out of the thousands of beta testers can access it at the moment.

Now the counter argument to that is that player are suppused to go through some time to earn the content and not get it done right away, in order to have goals or feel like having acomplished something to "earn" the new content. But that would indicate that we are not in fact beta testers but just regular players/customers.

All in all, i think people should consider to stop throwing the "only beta" argument around. This is not a beta test anymore.

A beta test would be like sailing a finished ship that needs some tweaks, like a different paintjob or more toilets. This game is more like the hull of a ship, allready at sea and us as passengers, but the engineers are still working on the interiors and what ever it should have sails or motors as drive.

Now, don't get me wrong. It's still good knowing they are working on getting the ship ready. It's just that this type of development can backfire.

This game is as much a beta as World of Warcraft, Diablo 3, Runescape, DayZ, Borderlands 2, Blacklight Retribution, Fallen Earth, Firefall, Combat Arms, PlanetSide, Dota 2, League Of Legends, and many other MMORPG.

The truth is, it is not. This game went from:

Alpha - DE explored the possibility of a project expanding beyond a previous game called Dark Sector.

Closed beta - Warframe required players to either buy a beta key or be gifted a beta key from other players that bought a beta key to play.

Open beta - Anyone could play and the founders deal was still around.

Release Canidate - DE partnered with Steam.

Release - DE Partnered with Sony (PS4).

There will always be new content until either players stop playing or DE stops caring.

Well i only have a certain image of what a beta test is and what it involves based on several examples i witnessed, i don't have the lexical definition in my head. If i'm really that far from the truth, please elaborate or give examples of what a beta test actualy involves.

Don't want to go out of this without learning from my mistakes.

Well you need to learn the difference between Alpha and Beta build. Beta will always be fleshed out and continuing to flesh out. 

People complain and complain but this update adds polish. It adds a new player experience. It adds immersion. It adds personality to Vor, personality in Ordis, and a means other than Lotus to move story elements around. Changes and tweaks are going to come along because it is a beta. But people are so busy complaining about what they don't like that constructive feedback is drowned out by the noise.

Nobody has said the update is perfect. Nobody. But it's a good patch. A great patch. A massive patch. A huge content update. And a game with "beta" clearly stamped on it shouldn't have to company every update with a high-pitched whining from the community over everything. Yeah, login problems suck. Yeah, quests are a bit buggy. People complain like they're going to be broken forever. It's nothing but negative noise.

You also don't get to test gamebreaking bugs.

Hmm... try getting stuck on a menu and having to relog, or getting booted off the server around 40mins on T4 Surv, i could keep going but you get the point. Things aren't bug-free over here either

Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13

No hype here, when it comes it comes

Ill just play Destiny and Wii U with my girl until it drops. Lol let PC players have their time in the sun, they obviously need with the rampant insecurities they display regularly

Dont start.... last thing we need to hear the word Peasants and Elitists.

Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13

This game is as much a beta as World of Warcraft, Diablo 3, Runescape, DayZ, Borderlands 2, Blacklight Retribution, Fallen Earth, Firefall, Combat Arms, PlanetSide, Dota 2, League Of Legends, and many other MMORPG.

The truth is, it is not. This game went from:

Alpha - DE explored the possibility of a project expanding beyond a previous game called Dark Sector.

Closed beta - Warframe required players to either buy a beta key or be gifted a beta key from other players that bought a beta key to play.

Open beta - Anyone could play and the founders deal was still around.

Release Canidate - DE partnered with Steam.

Release - DE Partnered with Sony (PS4).

There will always be new content until either players stop playing or DE stops caring.

Mm. Nope.

This patch was a big step toward release. But it's not. They made motions toward creating a story that flows through the entirety of the planets. Added a quest system. Is that finished? Nope. It's an entirely new aspect. They are still making major, sweeping changes to the game and gameplay. These aren't small, minor tweaks like you're pretending.

Well you need to learn the difference between Alpha and Beta build. Beta will always be fleshed out and continuing to flesh out. 

People complain and complain but this update adds polish. It adds a new player experience. It adds immersion. It adds personality to Vor, personality in Ordis, and a means other than Lotus to move story elements around. Changes and tweaks are going to come along because it is a beta. But people are so busy complaining about what they don't like that constructive feedback is drowned out by the noise.

Nobody has said the update is perfect. Nobody. But it's a good patch. A great patch. A massive patch. A huge content update. And a game with "beta" clearly stamped on it shouldn't have to company every update with a high-pitched whining from the community over everything. Yeah, login problems suck. Yeah, quests are a bit buggy. People complain like they're going to be broken forever. It's nothing but negative noise.

Well the difference between Alpha and Beta as you describe them is pretty close to how i see them. I just don't think the label Beta can apply to this game in it's current state anymore.

Thanks to the new concepts of F2P and early access it has become harder to strictly categorize games into these three labels (alpha, beta, finished) especialy when it comes to online games.

Even Steve Sincliar himself has stated in one of the past livestreams (in regard to the then upcomming Damage 2.0) that Warframe has allready been in a 1.0 state, which is usualy the description for the official release. So Warframe is technicaly long past the traditional open beta treshold, but DE has simply decided to keep going and make a new game on top of the old one. Hence why every radical change is often jokingly described as 2.0 currently.

We are basicly in Open Beta 2.0 according to the devs. But without a finished 1.0 version of the game.

Now my comment was not strictly meant against those who are annoyed by constant spam of critism after every major update. It's all too often that everytime changes happen or new things are added that people will make new threads over and over instead of looking if they can add their own points to allready existing threads. It's something i don't like seeing either.

I love the concept of the player ship, but i also much more prefer the old starmap system (i just find it more convinient to operate), so yeah i agree that being able to constructively talk about that would be much better.

The "it's just beta" comment has just been used too often as a deadbeat argument against valid critism, not only in the wake of large updates. That's why i wanted to point out how that label does not perfectly applies to Warframe anymore and therefor should be reconsidered as an argument.

I guess in the end it's the old problem that always comes with strict labels in a situation where the definitions of the labels do not strictly apply anymore.

Edited by Othergrunty

I'm quite happy, actually. Ordis is refreshing. I like the bipolar cephalon. Got my kubrow egg in a reasonable amount of time. Kubrow is still maturing, so don't know what to expect. Tutorial is MUUUCH better. The "damaged" mods that we get for free are a good addition for new players. The New player experience is much better. I'm still upset about the fact that late game leveling up is still RNG and cash based, but that's not related to the topic.