Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Menus, The List.. Please Add Yours.

Me.Greedy

Immersion is successful in my opinion, but many fine tunes are in the future... i hope.

As whole i find the new package very nice and slick; and i'm sure with time i'll click quickly from place to place... however,  my main complaint is in line with most others here. the tilt and motion is just to much. a small movement is fine as to keep me immersed in it, but the tilt is making it annoyly hard to read things.

that is my main complaints that i would like to see addressed, either give us custom sliders for it, or just make them static please.

The Rest of the List:

~I'm already appreciating is the new Aura and Stance button in arsenal, that should have came with melee 2.0, but very happy to see that.

~Foundry needs to show me 30,403/250 for an item; 250/250 great accept that i'm no longer aware of what resources i'm getting low on. also i'm not sure why you stop showing us that we have an item already made, vault keys are the example, i have no way to conviently see that i have 3 already made...

~Mods screen is the one dying from the tilt and character placement, but the greybar needs fixed asap. i'm sure this one is already on the list to be fixed.

~Alerts need a quick click option... and invasions should be on a window just like alerts... just like it used to.

~Planets need names on them, they are far to similiar looking to not have them. hovering over them is annoying, waste of time.

~Dojo.. please let me in. (i'm sure this is on the fix list)

~~~~~~~~~~~

add to the list please - be short and quick please.

I haven't gotten that far.  A the moment, I'm wishing that they had the gameplay privacy or whatever settings.

(You know: Online for anyone, Private for just friends joining, Invite Only, and Solo.  Mostly wishing for the solo right now.)

I like the new UI overall.

For me the new Modding window is difficult to use. I liked being able to see lots of mods at once. Having the mods in a panel on the left, partly blacked out/obscured by my WF means I have to click on each one to see what it is and how many I've got.

I haven't gotten that far.  A the moment, I'm wishing that they had the gameplay privacy or whatever settings.

(You know: Online for anyone, Private for just friends joining, Invite Only, and Solo.  Mostly wishing for the solo right now.)

They have those. Bottom right corner of your esc menu. Really needs to be in a better spot though.

The new UI is definitely "worse" than previously..

Worse isn't a reflection on "looks cool" its a qualification about its UTILITY... and U14's utility is definitely WORSE... Here's why...

1. More clicks to achieve a task

2. Less information provided on more screen real estate.

3. Motion sickness from shaky UI components.

4. Color blind people are at a severe disadvantage.

5. Many previously simple tasks are now buried within menus.

6. The ability to quickly shift between actions in literally a single click has been removed... no more messing with your weapons while you wait on the next mission.

7. Mods and cards show less information.. similar to the above comment but they also show many fewer cards at once and require significantly more effort to "review"

8. the "at a glance" navigation of U13.x no longer exists.

9. Alerts/Operations lists with a convenient countdown timer is no longer prominently displayed on your screen.. you are now required to read white on white text on a small screen... so long as your frame is pointed in the right direction... again this is not an improvement it requires more actions/activity to achieve the simple task of identifying the "next" mission.

10. The new player ship does not add any story context, it doesn't improve immersion... it only serves to force controller style navigation and creates obstructions to fast and convenient navigation of in game options and mission entry

11. The Planetary system... all the planets are pretty much identical, they are no longer easy or fast to select by relative distance from the sun.  These planets also show less information... 

12. The Planetary system... Previously the number of incomplete locations was readily visible.. this is no longer the case. 

13. The Planetary system... Previously the path to unlock the next location was readily visible.. this is no longer the case.

14. ESC to view menu items? Why? Previously the menu icons were visible on the screen at all times... this is no longer the case... and it SHOULD be the case... the ESC button is a completely unnecessary level of indirection to events/actions that were previously in direct view.

15. ONLINE, INVITE, SOLO options.. previously right on the screen. And easy to access… this is no longer the case.

16. the Inventory system no longer shows the total count of supplies … instead you must migrate to a different menu to view this… previously this was not the case.