Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How The Mod Collection Should Look

AZZEL

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree with what you said in your edit. Even though the game is finally becoming playable (thank god to mod sharing and favourite sets) they still:

1. Haven't made them stack: Mods should be stacked in groups of same mod and fusion level (Continuity lvl0 with continuity lvl0 would be one stack and a continuity that has been upgraded with fusion in another stack as well as equipped mods should be in different stacks). This would make browsing and fusing 100x easier. For fusion all you would need to do is click on a stack and specify how much of it you want to use with a slidebar. Would make using all those fast hands and other trash mods doable (I have around 50 of those).

2. No search bar: Seriously ? Why not ? Why would you need to brows trough all those 100s of pages by hand...

3. Polarity tab: this would be useful for fusion. Instead of going trough all those mods looking for a V polarity to use, you could just go into the V polarity tab and chose one (stack).

4. Arsenal mods (where you equip mods on frames/weapons) is still page based rather then slidebar based. Meaning it's still a pain to find mods you want to put on a frame/weapon. Even though now you don't need to do it all the time with the shared mods and favourites sets.

What we need to do is spend less time browsing the HUGE list of mods and more on actually playing the game. The new update is nearly there ! But still some defects of the UI and yes those are defects make it still very annoying to do fusions and change equipment since I need to brows trough 30 pages of mods of which 90% are duplicates...

Edited by 101010

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with what you said in your edit. Even though the game is finally becoming playable (thank god to mod sharing and favourite sets) they still:

1. Haven't made them stack: Mods should be stacked in groups of same mod and fusion level (Continuity lvl0 with continuity lvl0 would be one stack and a continuity that has been upgraded with fusion in another stack as well as equipped mods should be in different stacks). This would make browsing and fusing 100x easier. For fusion all you would need to do is click on a stack and specify how much of it you want to use with a slidebar. Would make using all those fast hands and other trash mods doable (I have around 50 of those).

2. No search bar: Seriously ? Why not ? Why would you need to brows trough all those 100s of pages by hand...

3. Polarity tab: this would be useful for fusion. Instead of going trough all those mods looking for a V polarity to use, you could just go into the V polarity tab and chose one (stack).

4. Arsenal mods (where you equip mods on frames/weapons) is still page based rather then slidebar based. Meaning it's still a pain to find mods you want to put on a frame/weapon. Even though now you don't need to do it all the time with the shared mods and favourites sets.

What we need to do is spend less time browsing the HUGE list of mods and more on actually playing the game. The new update is nearly there ! But still some defects of the UI and yes those are defects make it still very annoying to do fusions and change equipment since I need to brows trough 30 pages of mods of which 90% are duplicates...

I wanna say i 100% agree. So upvote.

Yesterday i wanted to look if i was already having a certain kind of mod and i was just searching several mins and looked the long mod list twice since i missed the mod the first time. And i imagine people that play really long how painfull this is for them.

Would be indeed nice if we have stackable mods. Will cost us alot of time with searching.

So again i support this 100%. And hope to see this as soon as possible ingame.

Lets keep this subject bumped. 

Also i found a topic here a guy says its confirmed but yeah wasn't enable to find it were they said it:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/101567-mods-stacks/?hl=stack

Regards,

-lSnowFoxl

To be complicity honest - it looks amazing and surely would do the job when it comes to informative function (sort of a codex) but I got a feeling that it would be a b**** to use fusion or transmutation system.

Nevertheless few suggestion:
- scrollbar (vertical) > pages

- question mark symbol (in slot background) for unknown modes - otherwise it looks like an empty slot

- x<number> indicator instead of D

Edited by xGryphus

To be honest, I just sell most of the useless mods that I get when I get them, and only keep some of them, I don't just let them pile up. 

Well I keep them for fusion. Credits are easily obtainable now, fusion fuel is less especially in the past with the low drop rates of fusion cores which is when I got my first 1500 mods (before update 9). Selling those now would be really a pain since I would need to click 1000 times...

Considering that the fusion energy formula is E=2R(2+r)P with R rarity and r rank and P polarity (P= 1 for duplicate, 0.5 for same polarity and 0.25 for unrelated polarity), with commune3 cores you get Ec3=5 and with same polarity uncommon mod you get Ecp=4. The fusion credit cost for those 2 being nearly the same, 750 for the fusion core and 600 for the uncommon => 150 credits per fusion point.

This means that roughly if you do fusion correctly (only use same polarity mods or fusion cores), uncommon mods would be the equivalent to commune3 fusion cores. This would mean that selling uncommon mods is counter productive. On the other hand, if you are a good little farmer, it would be good to point out that uncommun5 fusion cores yield Eu5=28 at a fusion cost of 2100 or 75 credits per fusion point compared to the 150 credits per fusion point for commune3 and uncommon mods. Yes a LOT more.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Fusion

PS: it's always handy having an extra garbage commune mod laying around like that slash and dash to complete the fusion process instead of wasting another commune3 core. :)

Instead of everything on one big page why not do the simple thing and just sort em like this:

tV88VOk.jpg

Click the tab and get only what you want on the screen?  Just implementing some basic tab features would allow DE to clean up the UI very, very quickly and efficiently. Each screen could have tabs for each category of equipment.  Want to find all the blueprints?  Just click the blueprints tab in the weapons tab of the market.  Want to find all your stamina mods for your frame?  Just click the stamina tab under Warframe mods.  Simple and intuitive AND plays nicely with the UI already in the game.

EDIT: Just realized I forgot to hit the primary weapons tab when I made this quick and dirty mockup.  Whoopsy.  You get the idea though. 

Edited by TOGSolid

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT --- UPDATE --- 15 September 2013 ---

I made this thread more than 5 months ago. So let's see, what happened since then?

Did the mod collection get that necessary overhaul? No, sadly not.

We still have major problems.

No. 1: MODS DON'T STACK!

jOZGPsS.jpg

On the fitting screen they don't fit on the screen...

OJwScd3.png

No. 2: NO KNOWLEDGE ABOUT COMPLETENESS

When we look at our collection we still don't know how complete it is.

How many mods are missing in my collection? Is it 5? ...or 20? ...or maybe more than 50?

The patch notes are useless for this, because they don't tell us. I found a 'Maglev' mod today without information about it.

With every new update that gets released it's getting more and more and more chaotic... MOAR mods, but no overhaul.

What we need here is an INDEX. A Warframe 'Moddex' with all mods which SHOWS us which ones we already have.

Gosh! If you need help, look at this :D

http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/national

My idea in the original post already showed how this could look. It's still a way to handle this chaos.

This is NOT about equipping the mods, it's about getting information about the collection.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original post --- 10 April 2013 ---

I like to have a clear overview. So I thought about how the mod collection should look. To give me all the information I need plus an easy management.

So currently there are multiple problems. First, the duplicates. Secondly, the fusion cores. Both overflow the mod collection and they will even more the longer we play.

Another problem is that all mods are in one pool, so there is no way to distinguish between types.

Adding to the list that the collection has dozens (later hundreds) of pages to browse.

In my version you have your collection on 2 pages. ONLY 1 mod of every type is shown, no duplicates nor fusion cores. To get access to them you have to click on the specific mod, a new screen opens where the duplicates are (only of this mod type of course). Here the fusion takes place. If you want to use fusion cores they should be grouped (common 3, uncommon 5, etc.), fusion with other mod types should also be possible.

That way the overview and management would be much easier.

The mod collection would look like this (sry, no pic from fusion screen, you have to use your imagination for that).

Page 1

HwYHv2j.jpg

Page 2

QdST2jm.jpg

The same again with a few comments.

ZrBYtPB.jpg

9F8Zdye.jpg

Advantages:

- Differentiation between mod types.

- Overview if collection is complete or not.

- Overview of ranks/which mods need to level-up.

- Overview of which mods have duplicates.

- No duplicates/fusion cores in list.

- 2 pages, when new mods/warframes get added a 3rd page, still small

WHY+ARE+WE+NOT+FUNDING+THIS+IN+THE+USA+_