Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mini Howto Get A Kubro(W) Guide

JewcyJewce

Question

I've been pming this guide to people who aren't sure how to get a Kubro(w), so I thought I might as well post it here too.

Go to Jackal, who is the Assassination Mission on Fossa, Venus. He drops something called the "Howl of Kubrow". Once it drops, go to the Codex, which is on your ship, and click on Quests. Click on the Howl of the Kubrow.

Go to E Prime on Earth, and look for Kubrows. When you find Kubrows, there should be 2 Kubrow Dens somewhere in their vicinity. Destroy the Dens, they have a chance of dropping a Kubrow Egg. You may have to do this quite a few times till it drops for you.

Once you get the egg, you also need to build an Incubator Power Core. You can buy the Blueprint of it on the Market, under Equipment, then components. In case you don't know where to get an Argon Crystal required to build the Incubator, they drop from enemies on Void Missions. Try to find a Survival or Defense mission, if possible (since there are more enemies.)

Then build the Incubator, install it and the egg onto the incubator on your ship, and build yourself a puppy :D
Edited by JewcyJewce

21 answers to this question

30 runs, killing all dens in the level, no eggs here.. :(

I ended up buying the kubrow pack because I wanted the alert for the catalyst as well before time went on and it would poof away.

It's f*cking frustrating.

It took me only 5 runs, but I heard of people saying that it took them over 20 runs.

I have a solution: 

First time the player runs the quest: Kubrow Dens have a 33% of dropping a Kubrow Egg. 

Second time the player runs the quest: Kubrow Dens have a 67% of dropping a Kubrow Egg. 

Third time the player runs the quest: Kubrow Dens have a 100% of dropping a Kubrow Egg.

Once one Kubrow Egg is dropped from a destroyed den, the quest will not make any more destroyed Kubrow Dens drop a Kubrow Egg. And after the quest, all Kubrow Dens on all Earth missions will have a chance of dropping a Kubrow Egg. 

That should help with cutting down on the tediousness (and for new players to be motivated to continue playing).

Edited by Renegade343

Kill Jackal, install a nav segment, go to the codex, go to quests, highlight Howl of the Kubrow, go to the destination as indicated on the nav display, and you'll find the segment there. Install segment and continue quest.

Good luck finding an egg...

I've been pming this guide to people who aren't sure how to get a Kubro(w), so I thought I might as well post it here too.

Go to Jackal, who is the Assassination Mission on Fossa, Venus. He drops something called the "Howl of Kubrow". Once it drops, go to the Codex, which is on your ship, and click on Quests. Click on the Howl of the Kubrow.

Go to E Prime on Earth, and look for Kubrows. When you find Kubrows, there should be 2 Kubrow Dens somewhere in their vicinity. Destroy the Dens, they have a chance of dropping a Kubrow Egg. You may have to do this quite a few times till it drops for you.

Once you get the egg, you also need to build an Incubator Power Core. You can buy the Blueprint of it on the Market, under Equipment, then components. In case you don't know where to get an Argon Crystal required to build the Incubator, they drop from enemies on Void Missions. Try to find a Survival or Defense mission, if possible (since there are more enemies.)

Then build the Incubator, install it and the egg onto the incubator on your ship, and build yourself a puppy :D

Yea, I'm not getting that stupid animal anytime soon on account of the argon. I'll sooner be mod hunting than that.

I have run so far 14 runs of that earth mission and have nothing.

Now here is a though, DE wants you to spend plat so they are not letting them drop easily so that you end up buying it instead of farming it.

I call BULLS#&$

adding to it --

FAQ stuff

the blueprint for the power core can be re-used but you must make one for EACH kubrow. 

the hatched pet requires 2-3 days (real time) to mature. 

a kubrow costs approximately 3000 credits per day.  The initial costs for the incubator and one pack of DNA juice is close to 200k (PC).  It might be over that on the console (think the dna is more expensive?). 

you can get imprints from your friends to reduce the randomness of your hatchling -- do this to try to pick a specific type of kubrow or attempt to get a cool cosmetic. 

there are 4 types, read about them on the wiki. 

you want to farm mods for them, same places the eggs drop, beat up feral kubrow.  Shield and health and armor link are important if you want to ever do anything harder than earth with it.