Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Dissapointed With U14 So Far?

MessersCohen

While I am all for quests, the only thing that they've done is send you to different tilesets, and don't actually involve much. Not only this, but the quests are pointlessly vague. What the hell do you do after the kubrow is born/raised? Do you realise that without rushing building mirage will take over 100 hours? That in particular is a @(*()$ joke. I'm all for waiting, it makes it feel like something's actually being accomplished, but this is taking it too far. However, I'm still thinking that the kubrow will be awesome. I need to play mirage before I can say if it was worth it ( should be pretty damn good to warrant 100 hours of waiting). Aegis and Silva, also, for something that needs as much time as a frame to build, should have more than 35 damage. 

The interface definitely needs some work. In some areas, they've done a great job, in other areas, it's disorientating and confusing. I haven't even had a look into my inventory yet, and I'm not looking forward to finding it. My warframe's head gets in the way when trying to order mods. The selection menus are irritably unresponsive (although this can easily be fixed). The upside down words of the navigation panel irritate me. There are too many things to click before we can launch a mission. The foundry details are too bunched up.

Having said that, the lore is fascinating me, I love how the new interface feels when it works ( and I think it'll be amazing when the issues are ironed out ), i'm liking the loadout system, the star chart looks amazing, the kubrow mods look awesome, I like the choice of kubrow available, and the Hydroid helmet looks awesome. (the zephyr helmet just looks like it has a massive @#&$ on it). 

Given that there have barely been any weapons since the angstrum that we can just buy off the market and build, without waiting an extra three days, I feel Warframe, my favourite game, is moving away from what made it great. Patience is a virtue i wasn't born with, and i'm very inclined to just buy plat when this stuff takes so long. It's also become very inaccessible. 100,000 for that kubrow peice? I got set back almost 300k credits within 5 minutes of logging in.

Please DE, continue work, fix issues, and turn this into another brilliant instalment. <3

Haha, my girlfriend said they look like hyena-pig hybrids. It's bad enough that my own ship has to talk S#&$ about my puppy.

How dare she! D: Mine loves them and makes me sit there staring at them :3

Technically all warframes take ~100 hours.

12 per piece = 36 hours

72 for the frame

= 108

True you can get multiple parts at once, but the time difference really isn't that different, you're looking at a minimum 84 hours for a frame. It's also nice not having everything done in one day of the update, my Mirage stuff is still crafting.

Edited by DecapitatingJim

Not disappointed one bit. I think the fact that you are disappointed disappoints me .You disappoint me. Once the dozen or so bugs are worked out I think this update might be among my favorite. So many blatant and subtle enhancements at the same time. I am impressed and appreciate the time and effort put forth. Yes. I am impressed. The foundation for progression is solid. They are definitely building on solid ground now. I look forward to what is next. I just hope it's DE LTD. Not p....

Edited by Nkomo-Sama

Well in the OP's defense, he's not bashing the update, just a little disappointment in the amount of polish that is left to desire. The bugs and annoyances are gonna be ironed out in the following week or so.

I'm on the fence about agreeing with OP. I do love the immense amount of new content and the incredible hard work DE put into pushing it out. The UI issues are gonna be a big task to tackle, though.

Well in the OP's defense, he's not bashing the update, just a little disappointment in the amount of polish that is left to desire. The bugs and annoyances are gonna be ironed out in the following week or so.

I'm on the fence about agreeing with OP. I do love the immense amount of new content and the incredible hard work DE put into pushing it out. The UI issues are gonna be a big task to tackle, though.

It's still quite rough around the edges, which is the situation for every major update, and considering this is one of the largest updates to ever hit Warframe, it will need some time to be ironed out. This is one of those times, you just have to be really patient. It'll get sorted out eventually. 

Edited by DecapitatingJim

I'm just as disappointed. The way that the update came in was a bit over-done, and could have been done in parts, versus just this big change. older players are thrown off, while new players are like "Kewl, look at this awesome tutorial!" Experienced players didn't get much more than the common new weapon in CLAN RESEARCH (Way too many at this point) and the only big new thing is the quests. Not worth it, if you ask me. 

I am quite disappointed with U14.

Kubrows are a waste of time. They don't do anything better then a Carrier does right now. OooOoh, my dog is stealthy? My Carrier can be stealthy too. I remove Striker. My dog doesn't vaccuum loot and ammo for me without having to wait around. Nevermind the goddamn RNG wall. Twenty runs for the egg and STILL nothing. AND because the alert is on Earth Prime, I can't even get the Devstream potato and will probably miss it.

Silvia and Aegis is a terrible weapon for being over hyped about a sword and board weapon.

Hysteria's rework? Oh goddamn man. It's just a Furax combo. WIth fun jumps and a mediocre slide attack.

Technically all warframes take ~100 hours.

12 per piece = 36 hours

72 for the frame

= 108

True you can get multiple parts at once, but the time difference really isn't that different, you're looking at a minimum 84 hours for a frame. It's also nice not having everything done in one day of the update, my Mirage stuff is still crafting.

Not really, because you can craft all 3 at the same time. 

Yes...the tears. They taste so goooood.

Seriously, it's your fault for expecting so much. What were you expecting?

A working product. And promises somewhat met.

Edited by Mazrim