Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Dissapointed With U14 So Far?

MessersCohen

Err..just played for 30min. so far the only downside i can tell is the warframe/weapon modding part.. ur frame basically blocks out all views on the mods.. so u cant see the mods on the left.. if u're not familiar with the position of ur specific hellfire mod.. goodluck finding it without looking.. 

Aside from the bugs, this is the happiest I've been with a new update. Yeah, I threw a little plat at it to get around some points, but I assume they're going to fix those points because everyone without plat complains about them.
Like the Egg hunt. Personally, I think that the drop rates are higher than observed, but there's something going on with drops not being easily observed so people are getting the drop ROLLED, but it's not being picked up.
Actually, that's the only non-bug complaint I have.

As to Kubrows in general. One, looking at mods, I have a feeling they're intended to be a lot more resilient than sentinels, especially with good frame/weapon/kubrow choices (synergy a factor in loadout choices, ye gods!). Secondly, some breeds are going to be finisher capable. If they do as many knockdowns as the wild kubrows do, that 800 damage you were braggin about might look rather insignificant when a kubrow rips the throat out of the heavy gunner they just knocked on their &#!. That could be wishful thinking on my part though. And that's the biggest thing. NOBODY KNOWS how good a Kubrow is right now. So saying that your sentinel is obviously going to be better is, to not sugarcoat it, idiotic.

As to Kubrows in general. One, looking at mods, I have a feeling they're intended to be a lot more resilient than sentinels, especially with good frame/weapon/kubrow choices (synergy a factor in loadout choices, ye gods!). Secondly, some breeds are going to be finisher capable. If they do as many knockdowns as the wild kubrows do, that 800 damage you were braggin about might look rather insignificant when a kubrow rips the throat out of the heavy gunner they just knocked on their @$$. That could be wishful thinking on my part though. And that's the biggest thing. NOBODY KNOWS how good a Kubrow is right now. So saying that your sentinel is obviously going to be better is, to not sugarcoat it, idiotic.

So I should be happy over an animal that provides less utility then my Sentinel? Finisher damage is wildly dependent on the target's armor, and channeling is the only real way to get decent damage out of executing a Heavy Gunner on the ground if its above level 25 or so. Kubrows also don't provide any of the utility I've listed off already.

Oh yeah, I also have to pay to keep it alive. You forgot to mention that part. 100k for 6 missions.

About the Mirage issue...I like that they've taken the RNG factor out of getting a new warframe. But then they've replaced it with even longer waiting times. It's not only that you have to wait 12 hours for every part now but you also won't sit there waiting and start every new part after one is done.

Before you could've at least gathered all 3 parts.

Anyway my biggest issue is with the new navigation UI. It really feels like designed towards console players. But where is the balance? Seems every piece of functionality has been sacrificed in order to make this work smoothly on consoles.

Like today I was planning on doing some void runs. But I can't just invite them without selection a mission because it keeps saying I'm not in mission. So I select the void I'd like to go but it also casts a vote for starting the game. So clear the vote before inviting someone. 2 people join, press vote to start and the mission just @(*()$ starts to count down. I had to decline which caused the whole session to close and kick everyone out. Could be possible to make this even more frustrating? Yes it can be! Right before I missclicked (because of chat window) and selected a different void mission. I was unable to change the mission now and again had to re-invite everyone.

Somethingelse which has been mentioned before but I'd like to support is that all the planets have the same size and no names above them as well as no quick info what resources they hold. Now I know after so many hours of gaming I should remember which planets hold what resources but in the old system it was easier to identify and get a quick overview of every planet. Now you have to select it and look into it.

Edited by Vandole

I didn't expect the update to be a smooth one, given how it was going to change some core stuff (UI). But I certainly did not expect it to be so broken, it would be a chore to play.

UI:
Absolutely horrible. Period. I absolutely hate every aspect of the new UI. I never cared for immersion, and I loved the U13 UI. It was concise, easy, tabbed. A few clicks got me where I wanted; foundry/arsenal etc. I could switch game modes (Solo/Invite/Public) with ease. I could navigate through planets with ease, I could navigate through nodes with ease.

Now? Let's take a walk for every minor aspect of the UI. If not, let's press Escape all the damn time. Want to switch game mode? Press escape, select it through a menu, instead of a drop down. Everything feels cramped, skewed, and an irritation in general. It's just not fluid, and it messes up my FPS all the damn time. What kind of UI makes it difficult to play the game instead of making it easier? What kind of change ditches simplicity for complexity, simply because you wanted a more aesthetic outlook? I love the enthusiasm that went into this game, the new UI, and the update in general. But I find the end result absolutely horrible. And I have more reason by every passing hour to just stop playing the game, than I did before the update hit. And I've spent a decent amount of money in this game. I love the game. I still do. But with every major update, I feel the game gives me more reason to quit than to continue dropping money in it.

Arsenal:

Really? The mods on the left side are so cramped. What resolution did you test it on? Because I play this game on a laptop and it's nigh impossible to read the description on the mods. It's, in fact, very difficult to make out what the mod is. At this moment, because I've played this game for so damn long, I'm recognizing mods based on their art and not the text (the text is unreadable). Yes, I like the idea that I no longer need to Apply (good change that one, DE, props!) each mod/loadout. On the flipside, this also punishes me for accidental 'Remove All' (can we please get a confirmation prompt for that?).

Mods listing has been moved to a separate menu, no longer accessible from the Arsenal page. This would be fine, if the UI wasn't so crap. Read my feedback above. Basically, lots of unnecessary clicks involved, frame rate drops, and a generally frustrating experience. Very frustrating. And I'm still at the UI part.

Star Chart/Planets:
I opted to not play through the prologue. I sympathize with everyone that came across a ton of bugs with regards to that. Quite frankly, if I had to go through all those bugs in addition to the ones I've already been plagued with, I would have probably given away all my plat to random people and uninstalled the game by now. I'm fairly patient, but when a game frustrates me SO much in SUCH a short amount of time, I'm just not going to bother.

Anyway, I don't like the current navigation layout. It's not helpful. It's not informative. It's very vague. It's a downgrade, not an upgrade. Not in any sense. It's neither an aesthetic upgrade (ok maybe somewhat), nor a functional one. No names on the planets? Why? I'm not an expert in astrology. And the planets more or less 'look' the same. So I find it annoying to hover over each planet to know which one it is. With time I'll probably memorize their 'location' (far right is mercury, far left is pluto). But is that really optimal? No. Don't show their names on only a mouse over; show them by default.

The nodes within. Nope. The linear display was good. It was great. It was logical. You knew exactly what node you had to play to progress. Now? You don't. You can't. And it's generally annoying. The indication of active squads is also gone (that, however, is a slight inconvenience). Basically, really, get rid of the rotation deal. It may look great, but functionality and ease of use takes precedence for something as crucial as navigation. Please, try to refine it. Bring back the linear layout if at all possible.

Squads/Matchmaking/Network/Crashes:

Since last night (and even after hotfix 14.0.1) here's how I'm playing Warframe:
I log in. I select Sechura on Pluto (exp farming to level up Mirage). I get matched with a squad. Enter mission.

There's 2 possibilities, now:
- The host will crash soon (probably by wave 2-3) and migrate. Whoever the game migrated to, will also most likely crash a wave later. And so on and so forth. My game crashes all the time. Mid-way through playing, it'll just crash to desktop. No idea why, no clue how. It just crashes. And I suspect the inordinately large amounts of host migrations I've noticed since U14 are primarily because everyone is crashing. I do hope this addresses swiftly, because it makes the game frustrating.

- The mission will complete fine. I choose to leave after wave 5 because the crashes do seem to be linked somewhat with enemy density (large no. of enemies = guaranteed crash). I am not going to risk my exp farming for longer waves. And so far, no group I've played with has progressed beyond 5 waves. I suppose everyone is playing it safe because of the crash frequency.

- The mission will complete fine, but when returning back to lobby, I'm greeted with the 'lost connection to host' message. I click ok, I get redirected back to lobby, I'm credited with the mission as being completed, so that's fine. I didn't lose anything. However, I can no longer play the game unless I reboot it. If I choose to enter another mission after this (after losing connection to host while returning to lobby) I'll get a 'Please wait' box (the one you do when the game finds you a squad and is seconds away from starting the mission) infinitely. There's no way to make it go. There's no way to log out, there's no way to quit the game. My only option is a task manager exit. Without a doubt, this is a bug that I hope will be fixed soon. What makes this frustrating is its frequency. As I am right now, I have to restart the game after every mission. Every. Mission. I play a mission, I encounter this issue. I kill Warframe's task. I restart warframe. I play a mission. Loop.

Conclusion:
Since U14, I've spent most of my ~12 hours of game play wading through bugs/crashes and restarting warframe. I've spent very little time actually playing the game itself (~1-2 hours, at most). 8 out of 10 games I play will not complete successfully because of either crashes or one after another host migrations till the game crashes. So no, I'm not amused. And this is probably the first update since I started playing the game, that I will probably choose to sit out before it's actually playable. Probably a week or two of just general observation of the reddit/forums/in-game before I start playing.

I've plat'd my way through most stuff (since I'm not a fan of the ever increase RNG grind in this game) so while I have it all sitting there waiting to be played, I can't because the bugs are, for the most part, game-breaking.

I respect your enthusiasm DE. I really do. I love how you tirelessly work day and night to make this game a better game as time passes. And it is without a doubt that you do and will make mistakes because, well, you can't have the perfect product from the get go. And that's why there's a large community of equally enthusiastic players standing behind you to provide feedback on changes/additions. But, despite all those positive aspects of this game, I find myself getting sick and tired more and more after every major update.

My major gripe with this update is the UI. I feel it has regressed. From being simple, easy to navigate, and overall great, it has gone to being clunky, cluttered, difficult to navigate, a performance hit, and overall not optimal. I appreciate the change, the ships. But that is just NOT my taste. It's not. It won't be. I do wish you could offer players the option to play using an immersive UI or a 'legacy/lite' UI (U13).

Keep at it though. You certainly have worked hard and tirelessly on this and I look forward to trying it again once a major amount of bugs have been ironed out.

I am very happy with this update. The UI looks much better to me IMO, and walkin around in the player ship right away as soon as i log in and between missions gives me a sense of immersion i didnt get with the old menus.

On the topic of Kubrows i can agree that the drop rate of the eggs could be raised a tad, but honestly its not that big of a deal IMO.

I cant really speak on the subject of the Mirage quest since i havent experienced it, but it sounds like its just a patience issue. IMO i like the idea of having quests for the new warframes as they come out, and then maybe incorporating the RNG factor of getting them later on. (Personally i think Vauban is much harder to get)

Personally i think Silva Aegis is a neat weapon, although it doesn't really fit the ninja theme (but i guess they did a good job incorporating the shield into attacks)

P.S. Ordis is a precious dork and i love him.